Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Become a God! Turn 4: Nice work, everyone.  (Read 4992 times)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a God! Turn 4: Nice work, everyone.
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:25:15 pm »

I'll be accepting I don't know how many people, but if you join after the threshold you will be put on the waiting list and be put in the game once someone dies. I may either increase or decrease the number of people in the game, depending on how much I think I can handle and how busy I am at the time.

The heavens are hiring! The gods have decided that they need to increase their numbers, and are allowing mortals to join their ranks. How to qualify? You have to perform three outstanding, marvelous, magnificent, and pretty much godly acts. What would qualify? That's for the gods to know, and you to find out. IF you are able to achieve this, then you will be taken from this earth and become one with the divine, and have your name and character's name added to the list of the transcended. If you wish, you can make a new character after that.

You hear the news while at the GM's exquisite party at his fifteen story mansion. You were watching your sport of choice on his 60-inch television, and the game was interrupted by the breaking news. People are shocked, and everybody in the room starts buzzing with talk about this new revelation.

You are standing amongst a crowd of people, wearing a fine suit/dress and dress shoes and holding a glass of wine. To join, post your character's name, and your action.

Character list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Waiting list

The Transcended
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:54:34 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a God! Pregame, Need Players!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:57 pm »

Name : Henrique Hazni

Would walk around, chatting with other guests.
Raggle Fraggle

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »

Name: Trol Lan
comment on the how the horse races are going

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »

Name: Bob Elvis
Ask the people if they would like some tea
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:03:00 pm »

Name: Sir Frederick Robettica Charlemagne Earlsworth IV.

I shall, in a gentlemanly manner, get into a mild argument with Bob Elvis over the exact specifications of the perfect cup of tea. I shall then commence challenging him to a tea-making contest. (Naturally, we must continue to hold our wine during our competition.)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:57 pm »

Name: Milo Teirmo
Job: Industrialist MAgnificent Bastard. (Why always the Magnificent bastard for me? Because they're awesome.)
Talents: Xanatos Speed chess, physics, swordsmanship, snipering (Yes nounverbed the shit out of that.), witticisms and sarcasm.

Scout the competition and check myself for weapons and poisons I can use
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »

Name: Mike Thore 

Continue to laze on a couch and watch whatever news is on.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:53:00 pm »

Turn 1

Henrique: [3] You strike up a conversation with a few people, but they mostly talk about how they can't believe the news and whether or not you saw the news or hey you should look at the news which you think is kind of silly since you were in the room when the announcement came on.

Trol: [6] You chat about the horse races on television with the people around you and, oh! The Contingent Square False-Clods won, and you just won a bet! The guy you made the bet with just went to refill their wine glass, though.

Bob: [1] Nobody wants any tea, but since you do, you have a servant get you a glass. You accidentally drop it and spill it all over your lap while raising it to your lips however, and now you're embarrassed and have a messed up suit.

(Status get: Large tea stain that looks suspiciously like urine: -2 to rolls dealing with social interaction)

Sir Frederick:
Being quite the asshole, you decide that you should try to embarrass Bob once again by totally beating his ass in a tea-making contest. [4][3] You succeed. You take pride in your achievement.

(Item get: Good tea)

Milo: [6] Nobody looks like too much of a challenge. They are exactly the kind of people you would expect to be at an event like this one. You notice that the host is not among them, though. [3] You couldn't really bring any large weaponry to the party, not that there was a reason to. But you do remember that there was a glass case full of medieval weaponry near the front door...

Mike: [4] The gods have also revealed that laying on a sofa at a prestigious party does not count as an extraordinary event. Huh. What else is on?

Character List:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:02:28 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:01 pm »

Frown ever so slightly before going on a silly rant about how silly everyone is, Hoping the would come to some great understanding on their silliness.
Raggle Fraggle

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:35 pm »

Stand up and impress everyone at the party with my excellent small-talk

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:18 pm »

Stand up and impress everyone at the party with my excellent small-talk

Utter scathing comments that deflate his ego and ruin his act

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 11:16:54 pm »

Snap. Find a top-hat with a morning-star in it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »

Snap. Find a top-hat with a morning-star in it.

Pfft, use real weapons.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a God! Turn 1: The tea hates you.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »

Be Creative. Snap with a...Katar! Yeah buddy  8)
Raggle Fraggle

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a God! Turn 1: The tea hates you.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 11:44:50 pm »

Smashing success. I shall now refill my distastefully empty tea-flask, always kept on my person, and give the empty teacup to a servant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4