Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 7500☼ of roads??  (Read 4797 times)

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 7500* of roads??
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 11:12:53 pm »

Also if you press n -> c, you can see the requirements for becoming the capital, including the value of constructed roads. AFAIK the offerings only increase when the caravan has actually left the map.

this isn't working for me.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:23 pm »

Architectural skill is pretty important, too, because it boosts value even more than the materials involved.  Of course, I suppose you could just build a single path of adamantine blocks and be done with it...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Lupus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 12:20:43 am »

Cameo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 01:17:08 am »

Also if you press n -> c, you can see the requirements for becoming the capital, including the value of constructed roads. AFAIK the offerings only increase when the caravan has actually left the map.

this isn't working for me.

Are you a barony/county/duchy? Could have something to do with that, I only noticed that after I was a county.. Or c might be wrong, is there anything written at the bottom of the nobles menu?
Dwarf fortress... The only place where it is a viable economic alternative to use silver for bulk storage of random trinkets.

SenorOcho

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 03:40:46 am »

If you're making your roads with stone, make sure to turn it the stones into blocks first.  It will also make the roads look nicer.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 03:45:34 am »

The wiki is wrong; it's 7 500 not 5 000 in roads. (v31.18)
It's not "outdated" because at the top of the screen it clearly says current version, so it must be for the current version, right? What a stupid fu**ing idea that was, huh? Anyway, the wiki is wrong.
Wiki is maintained by people, and people are fallible. You could always go change it.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 03:55:44 am »

b -> o makes paved roads. Those are what I use.

Cool.  Making one out of electrum and gold blocks.  Each square seems to be is worth between 150* and 250* (gold) so it shouldn't be long...

Every fort I learn something new, although for Inksquids, I've worked out a potential baron that doesn't like cotton candy, slade, metals I don't have or leather from animals that don't exist here.  Hopefully no need for the Lever of Doom this time...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 05:48:57 am »

Wiki is maintained by people, and people are fallible. You could always go change it.
You mean people like for instance you? No? Me neither. Just not a big fan of cleaning up someone else's mess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:59:56 am by AngleWyrm »

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 01:08:10 pm »

Looks like something around 10x10 of gold blocks takes care of most of it, but just for fun I connected all four sides of the map with 3 tile wide roads/

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 01:12:33 pm »

You mean people like for instance you? No? Me neither. Just not a big fan of cleaning up someone else's mess.
If you're not going to fix information you know is wrong, don't complain when other people repeat it.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »

By your reasoning, when information becomes outdated, nobody should fix it (except for the person who originally added it, for some weird reason).

Also by your reasoning, people who contribute false information to a wiki should never, ever be corrected for it. Because if you can trust anyone to correct information, it's the person who was wrong to begin with, right?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 04:23:43 pm »

Fair enough, as I said people are fallible. So we can move on, I went ahead and put in 7500 instead of 5000 based on what people have said here.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 04:24:47 pm »

In order to change the theme of drama here, from "BAWW" and into "WTF?" I propose to distract you all.

Magma is overpowered.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »

@Urist McForumGoers

* is not a currency.

☼ is currency. For windows users:

1. Hold alt.
2. Press and release 1 (on the numpad).
3. Do the same with 5.
4. Release alt. Enter your masterwork item's name.
5. Repeat steps 1-3

Optional: Surround every item's name with Alt-19

For Mac users:

Um... Idk. Character map?

For Linux users:

You're smart enough to figure out linux. Do i really need to tell you how to make ☼s?
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »

now what's the exceptional unicode?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4