Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124878 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 3 darkens
« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2011, 01:28:09 pm »

Well, you can stop worrying about shortening or extending, since I'm here and not a doppelganger.

Yes, I am a vigilante.  Yes, I killed Org and Jokerman.  Org because he's scum, a mislynch or a mafia-ally, and Jokerman because he looked like a scum enchanter.

So, let's try and work this out...

Telepath
Warden
Vigilante
Vigilante
Intelligence scientist
Reporter
Intelligence scientist
Spore spreader

Bolded are the only ones which could help saving the town.  As far as I can tell, at least two of the bolded have to be non-doppelganger in order for the town to have not lost already (one vigilante or warden cannot save the town on their own if we no lynch today).  I feel the game is basically over if Pandarsenic is a dopp vig, and if he's an exty (maths thing makes it seem pretty likely) he'll be on the doppelganger's "must kill" list anyway, so he's probably more useful to us alive.

So... Book's first night action is clearly a scum one (finding out the role of someone you don't suspect?), and he didn't bother to claim his second night's.  Great.  I don't really see any point in trying to lynch people today, but he needs to at least complete his claim if he wants a chance to not die tonight.

NativeForeigner's 100% scum, because night 1 ended pretty quickly, in less than 48 hours.  I don't think Mephansteras would end the night early unless he's got actions from everyone.  NativeForeigner was probably performing a different action.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 25, 2011, 01:50:06 pm »

I've been away, just catching up.

I followed Jokerman purely because a player with no action is the most logical choice for who does the dopp kill. Jokerman of course went nowhere, which is sad since I would have trusted him very strongly if he was alive right now.
Yes, I am a vigilante.  Yes, I killed Org and Jokerman.  Org because he's scum, a mislynch or a mafia-ally, and Jokerman because he looked like a scum enchanter.

First of all, I loudly call bullshit on these. There is no way Jokerman was scum enchanter. As bad as a no-lynch is for town, it's worse for scum. Scum will never do a no lynch if a mislynch is possible; a mislynch is better 100% of the time, as it saves them a night kill and removes a townie (a good one, in the case of Janus). I repeat, there is no way Jokerman was scum and purposely saving Janus's life. This is crap, and both of you know it. You are both scum. Leaf for killing him, and Person for following him instead of watching him (if that's indeed what you did) or doing something else useful.

A scum (dopp or Ext) killed Jokerman. There's no way around this.

Pandar's rationale, I don't quite buy, but I guess it's true that since Ottofar did flip town, Toaster's claim was somewhat suspect. So while I don't like it and I'd have done differently in his shoes, it is less scummy than dropping a confirmed town enchanter.

So, Leafsnail. You're scum and have an independent kill, so you must hang today.

I have more points to make, but need to run for a bit. In the mean time, though, don't let this scumbucket get away.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:05 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: Book, Pandarsenic
Mr.Person: Dariush
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 25, 2011, 02:00:35 pm »

There's so much WIFOM to be gained from scum enchanter preventing a mislynch...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:19 pm »

No Lynch.  Hey, don't let me stop you from outing yourself, Book.

You decided not to bother to claim, and voted me because I said I would kill you for not claiming.  Noted.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 25, 2011, 02:11:46 pm »

Dariush actually has a good point here.

It probably wasn't even intentional. I certainly suspected Jokerman-EXE for the nolynch.

Pandar's rationale, I don't quite buy, but I guess it's true that since Ottofar did flip town, Toaster's claim was somewhat suspect. So while I don't like it and I'd have done differently in his shoes, it is less scummy than dropping a confirmed town enchanter.

This is the exact same bullshit you've been saying all game. If anything, you should be agreeing with Pandarsenic's rationale since it's also yours, not trying to distance yourself from the doppelganger vigilante.

No Lynch.

How is a no lynch going to help us?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:15 pm »

Er. Leafsnail, if you're
100% sure
Native is scum, why aren't you voting him?...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 25, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »

Because the only lynch that will get through today is a town lynch.  The doppelgangers have 4 votes out of 8.  The best we can do is make sure that the doppelgangers don't get an additional kill today.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 25, 2011, 02:26:46 pm »

If dopps indeed get together and pile on a single target, voting no lynch won't help us - either everyone votes for someone else and no lynch goes through anyway, or something else happens (everyone votes for dopp's vote target, people vote for different people, etc.) and dopps get their lynch. Your every post brings my vote closer to you, Leafsnail.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:36 pm »

Because the only lynch that will get through today is a town lynch.  The doppelgangers have 4 votes out of 8.  The best we can do is make sure that the doppelgangers don't get an additional kill today.

Even if that's true, we should still try to get a lynch. Doing nothing, I'm fairly certain, will result in a town loss.

Unless you don't care about that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2011, 02:37:05 pm »

Spore Spreader here.
I really don't like this either. Claiming "if you lynch me you're in trouble" at LYLO is awful scummy. I wish someone had some information to prove or disprove it. If you really were a SS, you'd have been more jestery throughout the game, instead of just lurky/scummy. I think you are scum, but I have no data to prove it.

And you're also trying to extend solely to get Leafsnail back. Yet if you were a townie, you wouldn't want Leafsnail back. Simple logic dictates that at 8p with 4 scum, if everyone's here, the town won't be able to lynch the scum. Even disregarding that, why do you care if Leafsnail gets back on and posts? The extension only aids Leafsnail. You say "it must be Pand or Leaf", that's a strong indication you suspect him. [...] Object to extension, Shorten. Half the players in the game are scum. If we don't give Leafsnail a chance to vote, that means at least the town's got a vote advantage over the scum and we can correctly hit the scum. If we let Leafsnail vote, that means we'll be unable to get a vote over on the scum and are unable to win. It all comes crashing down if Leafsnail is town, of course, but then again, if Leafsnail's town and we wait, we're just as screwed as if we shove Leafsnail out of the way and vote without waiting. But if Leafsnail is scum, we're only screwed if we wait. So let's assume Leafsnail is scum and not wait because it's our ONLY CHANCE to lynch scum here.
This is disgraceful. Leaf is back now, so the point is moot, but I in principle object to lynching anyone unheard, regardless of their alignment. Your arguments are bunk, and your attempt to quicklynch an absent player is cowardly and dishonourable.

So... Book's first night action is clearly a scum one (finding out the role of someone you don't suspect?), and he didn't bother to claim his second night's.  Great.  I don't really see any point in trying to lynch people today, but he needs to at least complete his claim if he wants a chance to not die tonight.
No Lynch.  Hey, don't let me stop you from outing yourself, Book. You decided not to bother to claim, and voted me because I said I would kill you for not claiming.  Noted.
So, I claimed, but didn't bother to claim? My first night action is clearly a scummy one? Bullshit. I claimed as soon as the claiming got going, and I held my N2 to see if anyone claimed the block. For my N1 action, I targeted a good player on whom I had no reads to see if I could ascertain anything about his alignment. Had it been "kill" or "survive", I'd have been more suspicious of him. You may call it scummy, but I think it's sound reasoning and I stand by it.

And if you want to kill me tonight for whatever bullshit reasons you come up with, knock yourself out. Certainly better to lose a lowly telepath than a more useful role. But I think you'll hang today. Your killing of Jokerman is unjustifiable and clearly the work of a scum.

NativeForeigner's 100% scum, because night 1 ended pretty quickly, in less than 48 hours.  I don't think Mephansteras would end the night early unless he's got actions from everyone.  NativeForeigner was probably performing a different action.
I don't follow this reasoning. Care to elaborate? Also, the tracking devices are (unless I'm mistaken) targeted during the day, not night, so if he didn't send them in by day end, he would have no night actions to send, and no tracking data for N1. Feel free to blame that on me for "shortening" the day D1.

Dariush actually has a good point here. It probably wasn't even intentional. I certainly suspected Jokerman-EXE for the nolynch.
No, I don't buy that in the slightest. OK, maybe the unintentional thing is possible, but even then. If I were a scum enchanter, I would not allow even the possibility of a nolynch long before the day ended. WIFOM is a flimsy enough gain to warrant leaving townie Janus in the game; wasting a free mislynch of a powerful townie would be massive incompetence on the part of a scum enchanter. No, I was sure Jokerman was town, and said as much. Anyone paying little attention would at least lean town on him, and certainly not kill him if he had the town's interests at heart.

This is the exact same bullshit you've been saying all game. If anything, you should be agreeing with Pandarsenic's rationale since it's also yours, not trying to distance yourself from the doppelganger vigilante.
I did, I am agreeing that I see the value in the reasoning: after Ottofar flipped town, Toaster's claim was suspect. I would have done differently because there were scummier people (like Person or even me) who I'd have killed instead, but between Leaf's and Pandar's reasoning, Leaf's is clearly more dishonest, based on bullshit, and the most hurtful to the town's interests.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 25, 2011, 02:54:04 pm »

Even if that's true, we should still try to get a lynch. Doing nothing, I'm fairly certain, will result in a town loss.

Uh, no.

Even if all the non-doppelganger players correctly identify a doppelganger and vote for them, it's still a townloss unless they're all in the same direction.  The result that occurs in the miracle scenario that every town player is simultaneously enlightened?  A no lynch.  I'd rather take the safe way to it than the dangerous way, and that will at least allow us the chance to kill them tonight.

Book: you did NOT fully claim.  There is a piece of information you should know but which you haven't revealed.  It is a piece of information that a falseclaimer might well forget, but one which I think someone with a genuine role would not.

The NativeForeigner thing: uh, thought they were placed at night.  Nevermind then.

Jokerman wasted the day one lynch and was being passive and useless throughout day 2.  I was wrong, but he was hardly a confirmed townie.

If idiots want to vote me even though there's no chance of getting a doppelganger lynch... whatever, be my guest.  The game will end tomorrow with a scum victory.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »

Leaf, did you miss

OK. Yes, I was blocked N2, warden flavour.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 25, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »

Dariush actually has a good point here. It probably wasn't even intentional. I certainly suspected Jokerman-EXE for the nolynch.
No, I don't buy that in the slightest. OK, maybe the unintentional thing is possible, but even then. If I were a scum enchanter, I would not allow even the possibility of a nolynch long before the day ended. WIFOM is a flimsy enough gain to warrant leaving townie Janus in the game; wasting a free mislynch of a powerful townie would be massive incompetence on the part of a scum enchanter. No, I was sure Jokerman was town, and said as much. Anyone paying little attention would at least lean town on him, and certainly not kill him if he had the town's interests at heart.

That's stupid.

Jokerman-EXE caused a no-lynch, a bad move by any standard. Then he went and tried to spin it as a protown thing while at the same time saying it wasn't intentional. What you would do is completely and totally irrelevant since obviously what you would do didn't happen.

Jokerman-EXE was scummy, not necessarily for the no-lynch on its own, but the excuses he used to explain it.

And so I completely agree with Leafsnail's apparent reason for shooting him. And I find them far better than Pandarsenic's lazy statistical shootings.

I did, I am agreeing that I see the value in the reasoning: after Ottofar flipped town, Toaster's claim was suspect. I would have done differently because there were scummier people (like Person or even me) who I'd have killed instead, but between Leaf's and Pandar's reasoning, Leaf's is clearly more dishonest, based on bullshit, and the most hurtful to the town's interests.

It's funny, you condemn Leafsnail because things didn't happen the way you would have done them, but you clear Pandarsenic despite the same reason.

Buuuuuuuuulshit.

Uh, no.

Even if all the non-doppelganger players correctly identify a doppelganger and vote for them, it's still a townloss unless they're all in the same direction.  The result that occurs in the miracle scenario that every town player is simultaneously enlightened?  A no lynch.  I'd rather take the safe way to it than the dangerous way, and that will at least allow us the chance to kill them tonight.

How about you explain to me the scenario where a no lynch can result in a town victory.

Leaf, did you miss

OK. Yes, I was blocked N2, warden flavour.

Still not a full claim.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 25, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »

Book: you did NOT fully claim.  There is a piece of information you should know but which you haven't revealed.  It is a piece of information that a falseclaimer might well forget, but one which I think someone with a genuine role would not.
Oh? Please enlighten us then. I am a town telepath, I investigated Jim N1 and got "Find". Night 2 I targeted Dariush, but was blocked by a warden, chains flavour. I woke up with the taste of carpet on my mouth. What am I leaving out? Either prove this, or it's one more nail on your scummy lying coffin.

Jokerman wasted the day one lynch and was being passive and useless throughout day 2.  I was wrong, but he was hardly a confirmed townie.
Passive and useless, sure. Wasted the lynch, sure. But a scum enchanter would not have wasted the lynch! WIFOM is nowhere as good as getting rid of Janus under any circumstances. Even if you were uncertain because he was passive and useless, there's not nearly enough there to consider killing him would be a good thing. There were oodles scummier people out there, all of whom would be better for the town to kill than an enchanter, even if he was "hardly a confirmed townie". No. I insist your reasons are bunk, and that a town vigilante would never have targeted him for a kill. Therefore, you're scum and will die today.

Jokerman-EXE caused a no-lynch, a bad move by any standard. Then he went and tried to spin it as a protown thing while at the same time saying it wasn't intentional.
Jokerman-EXE was scummy, not necessarily for the no-lynch on its own, but the excuses he used to explain it. And so I completely agree with Leafsnail's apparent reason for shooting him. And I find them far better than Pandarsenic's lazy statistical shootings.
Bullshit. It's a bad move for a town enchanter, but it's a much worse move for a scum enchanter. That alone made him town in my mind. I find it hard to believe you think killing him was a sound move. Pretty much killing anyone else would have been a better move. I had you pegged as town, but you're giving me reasons to doubt that now.

It's funny, you condemn Leafsnail because things didn't happen the way you would have done them, but you clear Pandarsenic despite the same reason. Buuuuuuuuulshit.
Because Pandar's is lazy, but borderline justifiable. Leaf's on the other hand, can't be seen as protown in any circumstances. It was worse than lazy, it was actively anti-town.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40