Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124895 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 3 darkens
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »

And what do you know, I've made a miscount. I based my math off there being 7 players alive instead of 8. In that case, Pandarsenic it is. It's still guaranteed at least one vig is non-dopp, though. Long-story short, if both are dopps there's nothing we can do unless somebody's fakeclaimed and slow-rolled Exterminator or something else equally unlikely. At 7 players, even if we lynched the Extie vig and the other vig shot correctly, we'd still lose. If either of them is alive tomorrow, we have to assume they're confirmed townies.

@Jim: I'm not interested in who you target unless you're the dopp performing the doppkill. Everything else is irrelevant since dopps don't generally lie at MC in Paranormal (except dopp-only roles, obviously). I couldn't follow Janus since Janus was already dead. I could follow you, but I didn't know you could be a guy doing the dopp-kill. On the first night, it was all unknown, so I went after the player I suspected that the fewest players had said they suspected and I was least sure about, which in this case was Pand. I could of hit Janus here, too, but I figured Janus would be lynched anyways, so it didn't matter. I could of followed you, Jim, but I dislike using information roles to gain information I'm already sure I know.

Something's not adding up. Even if we assume the worst case scenario, the role weights don't equal balanced. I think it balances out if we assume there's a Dopp Leader or Adv. Dopp along with a Dopp Vig. There is the chance Meph actually took my advice and changed them around a lot just to mess with our heads, though.

Meph, can an intel scientist use more than one tracking implant during a single day? I feel odd asking this question considering I came up with the stupid invention. I think they can, I just want to make sure.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2011, 01:46:33 pm »

Meph, can an intel scientist use more than one tracking implant during a single day? I feel odd asking this question considering I came up with the stupid invention. I think they can, I just want to make sure.

Yes, they can.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2011, 04:44:06 pm »

Since I'm town!vig, Leafsnail or Dariush must be an evil one, da?

I mean, the other vig shot Org then Jokerman. Come ON.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »

You shot JanusTwoface then Toaster. Come ON.

I'd love to hear your reasons for the Toaster kill. Not that I think you have any.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: Pandarsenic
Mr.Person: Dariush
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2011, 09:18:49 pm »

No post in the Paranormal for 5 hours? My word.

Pandar, that is, quite literally, the absence of a reason as to why you shot Toaster.

That said, it must be either Pandar or Leafsnail. Or both, although Dopp Vig + Exterminator would be a nightmare. Ext would have to help town to have any hope, right?

Extension, and Second Extension for good measure. At this rate, the day will end just as Leafsnail is logging on.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »

Extension.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:52 am »

Sure, I'll extend.

Reminder: at 4/3 of a kook per game, we were 2/3 of a kook over; it was, statistically, quite likely he was a Doppelganger, if my understanding of the math Wubadict tried and failed to disown and Book's math (a natural consequence of Wubadict's) were both right.

Er, I am understanding that math correctly, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2011, 01:06:50 am »

Extend, nothing's happened yet.

I'm still waiting to hear from Leafsnail.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:25 am »

Sure, I'll extend.

Reminder: at 4/3 of a kook per game, we were 2/3 of a kook over; it was, statistically, quite likely he was a Doppelganger, if my understanding of the math Wubadict tried and failed to disown and Book's math (a natural consequence of Wubadict's) were both right.

Er, I am understanding that math correctly, right?

How about we completely ignore whatever bullshit mathematics everybody's been trying to pass off for good arguments this game.

Did you suspect him?

Nah, of course not. It would've been the first thing you said if you did.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 25, 2011, 01:35:14 am »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:06 am »

I was completely wrong about everyone in Kingmaker; I figured, since it was mathematically probable, I'd just been wrong. I've been wrong about everyone I've suspected so far. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2011, 09:53:15 am »

@Pandarsenic: Don't give me those fucking smilies, this is completely serious. You shot a player you didn't suspect. There is no justification for that. You should of no killed instead of shooting a suspected townie. You even attempted to push this through is really stupid. One kook was confirmed at the time. Even at a 2/3 chance of being a dopp based on the evidence, that wasn't enough to act on alone. You needed to base it off your reading. Your flat refusal to kill who you read as scum is ridiculously scummy.

You're scum trying to ride on Webadict's reasoning to justify shooting a townie. Of course, you could of just shot a player you suspected, but you don't suspect anyone, do you?

No post in the Paranormal for 5 hours? My word.

Pandar, that is, quite literally, the absence of a reason as to why you shot Toaster.

That said, it must be either Pandar or Leafsnail. Or both, although Dopp Vig + Exterminator would be a nightmare. Ext would have to help town to have any hope, right?

Extension, and Second Extension for good measure. At this rate, the day will end just as Leafsnail is logging on.

Ok, so now I know for a fact you and Leafsnail are both scum. You're trying to create a false dilemma of "this or that", which is incorrect to create unless there's specific role-based information that says otherwise, and you don't even have the courtesy to justify why you're creating the dilemma in the first place. Those kinds of traps are used by the scum to force the town into lynching who they want to lynch.

And you're also trying to extend solely to get Leafsnail back. Yet if you were a townie, you wouldn't want Leafsnail back. Simple logic dictates that at 8p with 4 scum, if everyone's here, the town won't be able to lynch the scum. Even disregarding that, why do you care if Leafsnail gets back on and posts? The extension only aids Leafsnail. You say "it must be Pand or Leaf", that's a strong indication you suspect him.

And then you throw a bunch of shitty "what ifs" that serve no purpose but to falsely justify your "this or that" scenario.

Object to extension, Shorten. Half the players in the game are scum. If we don't give Leafsnail a chance to vote, that means at least the town's got a vote advantage over the scum and we can correctly hit the scum. If we let Leafsnail vote, that means we'll be unable to get a vote over on the scum and are unable to win. It all comes crashing down if Leafsnail is town, of course, but then again, if Leafsnail's town and we wait, we're just as screwed as if we shove Leafsnail out of the way and vote without waiting. But if Leafsnail is scum, we're only screwed if we wait. So let's assume Leafsnail is scum and not wait because it's our ONLY CHANCE to lynch scum here.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2011, 12:06:03 pm »

Actually, if your logic was true, the game would already have ended. Currently, there're either two town vigs or a town vig and exty. If Leafsnail is town and doesn't vote, scum's got four votes out of seven. That gamble is too risky. Object to shorten.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:56 pm »

It all comes crashing down if Leafsnail is town, of course,

There's your problem.

What makes you think Leafsnail is scum?

Argembarger's being a passive dipface during lylo, so yeah, he's scum. But why Leafsnail?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40