Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124901 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 2 - Death to Psychics!
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »

Quote fail, here's that last part corrected.

I fail to see why you expect Toaster to comment on Web thinking he's town. Do you expect everyone to comment whenever anybody says anything about their alignment? No?
Yes! If I said "I'm convinced Person is town!" I'd expect you to at least ask "why?" or say "don't buddy/defend me". Sure, maybe not comment "whenever anybody says anything" about alignment, but a statement of certainty? Definitely. Unless you aren't actually town and prefer to just sit back and allow the statement to sit unchallenged, as it's good for your image.

I've not responded once when people have called me town. There's no reason to do so, I don't care. It doesn't help me catch scum and it might convince them to start voting a townie. It's lose-lose.
[/quote]
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »

Fuck it, I'm in a hurry and making hilarious mistakes.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2011, 06:08:45 pm »

So why aren't you talking to Pand? Why aren't you asking important questions such as "Why did you decide killing Janus was more important than hitting a player you thought was more likely to be scum?" By the way, Pand, go ahead and answer that.

Because I already know his reasons. He stated them already. He said he wanted to put the matter to rest, lest Day 2 become an rehash of Day 1.

Unless you think I should be asking questions to which I can already find the answer.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: Jokerman-EXE, Mr.Person, Toaster, webadict
Dariush: Ottofar
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic
webadict: Book

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 2 hours). There are 2 votes to extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »

Just to be sure nothing screwy happens, unvote, vote Ottofar

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:47 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: Jokerman-EXE, Toaster, webadict
Dariush: Ottofar
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic, Mr.Person
webadict: Book

The votes against Ottofar are overwhelming. With a sad shake of his head he looks around.

"Well, you're wrong. But I can't do more than I've done. What...what comes next?"

"This" Mr.Person blasts a whole in his head with a revolver that was sitting on a nearby table.

You all look on, a bit shocked. "What?" He asks "We all knew what needed to be done, and I wanted to make sure it was done right."

Shrugging you look at the body. Still human.

"Damn" someone mutters.

You then decide to go check out his house. It's full of strange electronic components, machinery, and a very evil looking robot. Obviously he was some sort of Military Scientist. So, it seems his claim to be human despite his rather Kooky behavior was true.

Shame. But now night falls and you all head off to your houses. You need your sleep for whatever may come tomorrow.

Day 2 has ended. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Night 2
« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:42 pm »

The day dawns cold and wet. It’s a miserable morning, and you just know it’s going to get worse.

When it becomes obvious that Jokerman-EXE, Toaster, and Webadict didn’t make it through the night, well, it got worse.

You head off through the rain to check each house.

At Jokerman’s house it’s pretty easy to see what happened. His door is full of bullet holes, and peering in through them you see his body lying in the hallway. You break open the door and search around. He’s still human, so no luck there. And, as he’d claimed earlier, you find books on Enchantment on his bookshelf. You’ve lost a powerful ally here. Looking around you can only wonder who is gloating about this loss.

Toaster is equally obvious. You find him dead on his porch with a few gunshot wounds in his chest and legs. And still human. You break into his house and search around. Seems he used to be a professional Bodyguard and according to some notes he had been taking he’s been acting as a Guardian for the town, trying to protect people from harm. Pity no one was protecting him.

Webadicts house is locked up tight when you arrive. After bashing open the door you search around. A candle and chain on the table seem to confirm that he was a Psychic Warden, much like Org or JanusTwoFace. And the smear of blood on the bathroom floor and the splatters on the mirror gives you an idea of what happened to him.

Three more down. Just eight of you left, and half of those are monsters. If you have any hope for survival you’re going to have to do much, much better than you’ve been doing these last few days.

Day 3 has begun! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 3 darkens
« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:04 pm »

Does anybody have any good news?

Obviously a massclaim is long overdue.

I'm an Intelligence Scientist. I want to hear from others before I claim my results.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:56 pm »

Yeah, I think a claim is a good idea. I'm a Telepath. Night one I targeted Jim, and got "Find", which is compatible with his claim above. I'll hold my N2 result for a bit to see what people have to say first.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

Wow.

I'll just go be dead then.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:55 pm »

Absolutely.

I'm yet another Warden, believe it or not.

Blocked Org N1.
Blocked Book N2.

Be back later; dinner.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2011, 08:14:15 pm »

OK. Yes, I was blocked N2, warden flavour.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »

I already stated my role; sorry, Toasty.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:43 pm »

And why did you shoot Toaster?

It's like you're a dopp vig or something.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »

Hmmm... That seems iffy of you, Pandar. I would have thought you'd shoot me or Person instead. You'd better explain your thought process.

Native, Dariush, Person: Please come play the claim game. Soon and with details.

Jim: Leafsnail won't be around until Friday or so. How do you think this will impact the conclusions that could be drawn from the mass claim?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40