Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124987 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »

I want Janus lynched.

But why?

Same reason Web wants Janus lynched?
Pretty much.

Who would you want lynched if you couldn't lynch Janus?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

Aww man Webadict is getting lynched gotta help my scumbuddy.
Janus.
I'm not really for you leeching my arguments to get some sort of petty revenge on JanusTwoface.

Seriously, that isn't okay. Ever. Get a real argument.

And thank you for making me look worse for no reason at all. What do you think you accomplished by posting WIFOM? I know you can try, but sometimes you do this crap. You're not funny. You're really pathetic.

Get out if you're not going to play.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:53 pm »

Book:  How is claiming kook in my first post scummy?  What would be the non-scummy way to do it?
As I said, it's not just your claiming kook, but your amazing speed at doing so that strikes me as scummy. If you had done it an hour or two later it would have seemed less scummy. It just reeks to me as a preemptive fakeclaim. In isolation it's not much, but the rest of your posts also strike me as scummy, how you've managed to attack without engaging is compatible with what I know of your scum game, as is your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Still, it's not enough for me to be certain you are scum, but it is enough for me to distrust your claim, leaving the fakeclaim a distinct possibility.

Focusing on the Kooks is a nowhere road, as at least one of them is Town. You've got better odds of hitting scum by shooting randomly into the crowd of non-Kook-claimers.
Why is one of them town?
I personally believe both are Town. [...] Toaster, I'm going to say this pretty clearly: you didn't do anything wrong. You're doing it right.
Why do you believe Toaster is town? Just because he claimed kook? That's not just "a slight town tell", then, but an absolute proof of towniness! I couldn't make a better argument for fakeclaiming if I tried.

But I think there's something else going on here. It's not just that you're defending your pet theory regarding kook claims, you are specifically and vigorously defending Toaster. That's very scummy. Experience has shown me that scum will do things like this, even if the target of the defence is indeed town (See Jim's defence of Janus in Supernatural 3, for example). You have been climbing on my scum list since your previous wall of text, and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are indeed scum.

like painting town to be the bad guy for doing something else. Like what [Toaster is] doing here. [about MBP]
So, Toaster is painting town to be the bad guy? What makes you think MBP is town? Do you know something we don't? Or is it that you want us to believe "wait and see" is something only town does? Mighty suspicious of you, Jokerman.
The irony is that you yourself are voting for Toaster at this point. And yet you're defending him? Either you don't believe Toaster is acting scummy enough to agree with him, or you believe Toaster isn't doing that, but either way, that's Toaster's concern. Not yours. Why are you protecting the player you're voting for?!? Why are you attempting to calm down a player you yourself stirred up?!?
A vote at that stage doesn't mean I am sure the person is scum, we're stirring discussion, and things may go either way. I wasn't defending Toaster, I was dissecting Jokerman's objection. And if I wanted to calm him down I wouldn't have FoS'd him to begin with. Instead of dragging it out, I asked the direct question, which he answered. This doesn't clear him, the slip and his correction stand for people to read as evidence as they wish, but I didn't see a point in dragging it out further.
Right. You're sure that this person is a Kook. That makes it okay to NOT ATTACK ANYONE EVER, right? Or, to be more precise, to attack them once and take it back, defending whatever crap excuse you can come up with.
That makes no sense whatsoever. I am not sure the person is a kook, I never said "not attacking anyone ever" is okay, I attacked who I chose, didn't take it back, and made no excuses. You are utterly distorting reality to fit your preconceptions. That is scummy.

But the problem is that they don't want them to be considered more likely to be Town. I do. They are more likely to be Town. [...] It is a slight town tell, if only because the statistics prove it is. [...] And it's due to simple statistics. I'll use the last three games as evidence:
Two points:
a) your calling them town is precisely why it's a viable tactic. Nothing better for a scum than to be called "likely town" by the likes of you.
b) your statistics are bunk. There's nowhere enough data points for your results to be statistically significant, and you know it; the weights in Meph's script are unknown to us, could in principle result in a game with zero or four kooks, and the "evidence" you cite is Gambler's Fallacy at its finest.
Right. I'm actually saying it's more likely to be true BECAUSE you say it isn't. Even if there aren't enough points for my result, there's not enough AGAINST it either. You seem to forget that conveniently. And no. There has always been at least one Kook. there will always be at least one Kook. Do not attempt to WIFOM the Town again with your horsecrap. You stupid moron.
Bullshit. That's not how statistics, or debating, works. You make an assertion, you have to prove it is correct. Saying "there aren't enough points for my result, there's not enough against it either" is fallacious reasoning. There aren't enough points against any number of other scenarios either, but I don't assert they are true (as you did). You are admitting making shit up, you assert undecidables as truth (also known as "lying"), and asserting knowledge you don't have as truth. You lovable troll.

But the last point is easily decided:

Mephansteras: is the presence of at least one Kook guaranteed in Paranormal games?

At most what you can say is that there's likely to be "one or more" kooks, leaving the door wide open for either a second one, a scum fakeclaim, or a townie kook who hasn't claimed by now, and won't since if he's the third to claim he'll be lynched for sure (which is why a scum fakeclaim needs to get in fast).
Right. So, maybe instead of sitting there trying to turn it into a scumtell, DO SOME ACTUAL SCUMHUNTING. Jesus Christ.
So, I'm right, yes? So it does leave the door open of a scum fakeclaim, a townie kook who hasn't claimed, a second (or third) kook, and so on? So what was all the above bullshit about? As to hunting, I think I am, and I'll do as I please at my own pace. Bugger off.

Focusing on the Kooks is a nowhere road, as at least one of them is Town. You've got better odds of hitting scum by shooting randomly into the crowd of non-Kook-claimers.
Again your statistics are bunk. If at least one of them is town, and you have independent scummy reads on the other one, you have better chance of hitting scum by lynching the possible-fakeclaimer than randomly lynching one of the other dozen players.
NO YOU DON'T! YOU'RE MAKING THINGS UP! HOLY GOD!
Statistics really isn't your strong point, is it? Say you have a even-odds certainty of one of the two kooks fakeclaiming (because, as I said, you have independent scummy reads on him). If you lynch him, you have a 50% chance of hitting scum. If you lynch at random one of the other 13 players, you have a 30% or so chance. Your statistics are bunk.

In short, your arguments are crap, your defence of Toaster is utterly scummy, and your lies are painful. You are scum. Unvote Toaster, vote Webadict. But I still think Toaster is scummy. My next picks, for those keeping track, are Mr.Person, and Org.

Janus.
How you get away with crap like this, I'll never understand. But why are you defending webadict? What do you think of his defence of Toaster?

Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

There can't be a guaranteed kook. Otherwise that kook would be basically a confirmed townie.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:04 pm »

There can't be a guaranteed kook. Otherwise that kook would be basically a confirmed townie.

I know, but I want Meph to say it so it's clear that webadict lies through his teeth when he says:
There has always been at least one Kook. there will always be at least one Kook.

He asserts a falsehood as truth, and claims to have knowledge he doesn't have. Those are clear, blatant, scummy lies. But I'll let Meph confirm, maybe I'm wrong, and we'll indeed always have a kook.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:59 pm »

blah blah blah some more
Doesn't seem to be much point in responding to you any more, you're just ignoring me anyway.

However, unvote NF because Ottofar is looking worse right now. And Janus, avoiding the OMGUS is worse than doing it, frankly. You should make up your mind whether you think Wuba's scum.
Avoiding an OMGUS? As I explained, I'm not sure what to think about webadict and am reserving judgement until a later day. Why would I vote for him as either town or scum?

I don't really think NativeForeigner is scum, my main point against him had already been answered, I just missed it. Ottofar feels scummy, but that could be explained by his PFP as always. Leafsnail feels like he was
...Like I was what?  Don't leave me hanging, man.
Just as it says. You feel like you were

:)

More seriously, I think that your original RV on Argembarger was leading. It sounded like you were trying to trick him into saying he was scum which is, in itself, a scummy way to question.

Serious overexplanation to a simple question, JTF.  Did these thoughts actually go through your head while writing the post you were asked about?  If so... why didn't you mention them?
I don't think it was overexplanation, my thoughts on webadict are complex. I needed all of it to get my point across.

Janus.
The most literal OMGUS I've ever seen. :-\

Of course, that's not actually being useful, so the vote stays.

JanusTwoFace: I don't feel one way or the other on Janus. Web acts like he's certainly nailed scum, though... How Janus reacts to Web should be rather revealing, I think, for both of them.
See the first point in this post. What do you take from that?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:56 pm »

The only thing that is guaranteed is that there will be town and doppelgangers.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »

Er. No. Because that's not who confirmed town works. They can't be confirmed 100%.

Book:
Book, you are, by far, the biggest moron ever. I lack words to describe how idiotic you are. In fact, I lack the vocabulary to describe how little words I have to describe your ineptitude.

Book:  How is claiming kook in my first post scummy?  What would be the non-scummy way to do it?
As I said, it's not just your claiming kook, but your amazing speed at doing so that strikes me as scummy. If you had done it an hour or two later it would have seemed less scummy. It just reeks to me as a preemptive fakeclaim. In isolation it's not much, but the rest of your posts also strike me as scummy, how you've managed to attack without engaging is compatible with what I know of your scum game, as is your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Still, it's not enough for me to be certain you are scum, but it is enough for me to distrust your claim, leaving the fakeclaim a distinct possibility.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in the world. Possibly on this side of the galaxy. An hour difference makes a post less scummy? No.

That perfectly fits into his story. He said he looked at his PM and saw that he was a Kook and claimed it. You're saying if he logged in later, he'd suddenly be less suspicious. I know for a fact that that has to be false. You cannot argue such a brainless statement.

You still would've thrown your hissy fit over him claiming Kook. Especially since him claiming an hour or two later would have made absolutely no difference. You're such a filthy liar that you can't even be bothered to try to make sense.

You might as well attack Ottofar as well, coward. But, you're really too much of a pansy to do that. It took someone pushing you to actually find a target. Of course, it's completely OMGUS. All of it. You have no suspicion of me until I start beating on you with the obvious stick. Then you decide to take bits of my argument and try to turn it around.

Why is one of them town?
I personally believe both are Town. [...] Toaster, I'm going to say this pretty clearly: you didn't do anything wrong. You're doing it right.
Why do you believe Toaster is town? Just because he claimed kook? That's not just "a slight town tell", then, but an absolute proof of towniness! I couldn't make a better argument for fakeclaiming if I tried.
No. I believe he is Town because of your sick fantasy where everyone who does anything pro-Town is suspicious. You tried to bring people onto Toaster, and when that failed (like when I shoved your moldy feces of an argument down your throat), you decide that you'll attack the person that attacks you.

All that really says about your character is how much self-preservation you have.

I think spiting you is an acceptable reason to believe both Ottofar and Toaster are town. If you really thought they were fake-claiming, you would have made the effort to find or make a case against one of them. You didn't. You instead tried to garner support and get people to do your dirty work for you.

Unfortunately, I'm not okay with underhandedness. You've got some serious problems if you think it's okay to make bogus arguments until someone does something. You think your reasoning, as full of crap as you can find, is gold, but in reality, where I reside, I see that you didn't make any effort to do anything.

I managed to waste four hours writing one reply. I actually put forth some effort because I have some actual wanting for the Town to succeed. You, on the other hand, wish to hide among your terrible reasoning and horrendous arguments.

Your argument fails by virtue of I'm really doing this because of how much you say it won't happen. Because I think you're scum. And I feel like you'd push this statement as hard as you could to make anybody claiming Kook have as much WIFOM as possible, because you're scum. Your argument fails because you're scum. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

But I think there's something else going on here. It's not just that you're defending your pet theory regarding kook claims, you are specifically and vigorously defending Toaster. That's very scummy. Experience has shown me that scum will do things like this, even if the target of the defence is indeed town (See Jim's defence of Janus in Supernatural 3, for example). You have been climbing on my scum list since your previous wall of text, and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are indeed scum.
Nope. I'm defending against the spread of misinformation from you. Your here not to make us wary. Your entire point shifts from nulltell to scumtell on the drop of whatever you feel like today. Seriously, you're jumping back and forth between making things up faster than a Mexican jumping bean in a mega-bouncer.

And yeah. I seriously, and amazingly, think you're the worst liar/player in the world. It's scummy to do anything in your world, except backtrack, lie, and provide no evidence at all. Those last ones are virtues in your world.

I'm glad you admit to the OMGUS. That saves me the 2 minutes of work I'd have to do to quote you. Admit that you're after me now for calling you scum, and maybe you'll have whatever's left of your dignity when this is done.

And, I literally laughed out loud when you said scum list. It looks like this:
Toaster - Not working
webadict

And I'm hastily written on after I called your horrible arguments horrible.

like painting town to be the bad guy for doing something else. Like what [Toaster is] doing here. [about MBP]
So, Toaster is painting town to be the bad guy? What makes you think MBP is town? Do you know something we don't? Or is it that you want us to believe "wait and see" is something only town does? Mighty suspicious of you, Jokerman.
The irony is that you yourself are voting for Toaster at this point. And yet you're defending him? Either you don't believe Toaster is acting scummy enough to agree with him, or you believe Toaster isn't doing that, but either way, that's Toaster's concern. Not yours. Why are you protecting the player you're voting for?!? Why are you attempting to calm down a player you yourself stirred up?!?
A vote at that stage doesn't mean I am sure the person is scum, we're stirring discussion, and things may go either way. I wasn't defending Toaster, I was dissecting Jokerman's objection. And if I wanted to calm him down I wouldn't have FoS'd him to begin with. Instead of dragging it out, I asked the direct question, which he answered. This doesn't clear him, the slip and his correction stand for people to read as evidence as they wish, but I didn't see a point in dragging it out further.
Right. You're sure that this person is a Kook. That makes it okay to NOT ATTACK ANYONE EVER, right? Or, to be more precise, to attack them once and take it back, defending whatever crap excuse you can come up with.
That makes no sense whatsoever. I am not sure the person is a kook, I never said "not attacking anyone ever" is okay, I attacked who I chose, didn't take it back, and made no excuses. You are utterly distorting reality to fit your preconceptions. That is scummy.
No. You know that the people claiming are Kooks. You're scum. You would know. But, you did make no effort to attack anyone except by FoSing Jokerman, which you then took back in a couple of posts. Mostly because you're afraid to make anyone angry.

But, if you do make someone angry enough, you seem to default to OMGUS mode, where you start attacking anybody that dares to question how bad you're playing. Maybe if you learned to play a little bit, you'd be better at it. I doubt you ever thought of that one though, so it's your idea for free.

And you did take back your attack on Jokerman. I can quote it and show you at various points where you took it back.

In fact, this is a good use of my time. Humiliating you.
Someone always jumps out; someone like you, Toaster. For one thing, I'm a big proponent of the "wait and see" approach, and your attack on it is the same level of bullshit that it's been every time you've used it on me: it works for me, I know what I'm doing, and it's never been a tool I've used as scum because, guess what, scum has better things to do.
False. You do use that tactic as scum too, like, say, in a wuba game of recent memory. While it's true that you "wait and see" when town, you also do it as scum; your lying about it now sounds to me like you want to make sure people see your "town meta" so they don't entertain the notion of you being scum.

You, unfortunately, shoot yourself in the foot when you "wait and see" while dropping scumtells like this:
Here, you're voting Toaster for being Kook. (Just admit it. You say it's a nulltell, yet lie horribly through your teeth.) You decide to vote Jokerman because he's attacking Toaster for attacking MBP for using the "wait and see" method. You completely miss the point Jokerman is making, and he blindsides you for it:

You, sir, are full of shit.

You're looking for a reason to make me out to be scum. And as a matter of fact, that game you mention? The first one in which I didn't wait and see; as a matter of fact, it was my talking that got me killed, in the end. Or maybe you should go look again.

No, I didn't call MBP town, and someone like you who enjoys picking apart peoples' words would be well aware of that. I pointed out that scum can - and does - paint town to be scum. In fact, you accusation only holds water if you read it with the part that you put in yourself. As I said it, it was a hypothetical example concerning what Toaster was saying - but thank you for blatantly putting words in my mouth.

We do, however, agree on the Kook-claim scenario. It's not a tell, and each person will read into it how they will. Trying to force one or the other is not the optimal way to play.
Jokerman reprimands you for taking things out of context, and misunderstanding things.

You, sir, are full of shit.
You, ma'am, are even fuller.   ;-P

That game you mention? The first one in which I didn't wait and see; as a matter of fact, it was my talking that got me killed, in the end. Or maybe you should go look again.
As I recall you only delurked under extreme pressure, and fully intended to "wait and see" throughout RVS had I not called you out. But let's not rehash arguments from a past game; most players here were there too, and can remember on their own. My only point was not to mistake your "wait and see" attitude for a "town meta" thing, because it isn't. At most it's standard Jokerman personality and says nothing of your alignment.

but thank you for blatantly putting words in my mouth.
I didn't. I merely simplified to give context in a short quote. But never mind, people will read it as they will. I'll instead ask you the direct questions: do you think MBP is town? do you think only town uses the "wait and see" approach?

We do, however, agree on the Kook-claim scenario. It's not a tell, and each person will read into it how they will. Trying to force one or the other is not the optimal way to play.
Agreed. It is, however, interesting, and a worthy topic to start discussion rolling. What's your read on Ottofar so far? What do you make of Wuba's insistence to drop the topic, or the reasons for his vote on Janus?
You turn the situation and head for calmer waters. You no longer make the same argument. It's not there anymore. You stop pushing Jokerman. You didn't bother with a follow up. You just stop mentioning your argument because you no longer wish to play without kid gloves. Because you're a pansy.

But the problem is that they don't want them to be considered more likely to be Town. I do. They are more likely to be Town. [...] It is a slight town tell, if only because the statistics prove it is. [...] And it's due to simple statistics. I'll use the last three games as evidence:
Two points:
a) your calling them town is precisely why it's a viable tactic. Nothing better for a scum than to be called "likely town" by the likes of you.
b) your statistics are bunk. There's nowhere enough data points for your results to be statistically significant, and you know it; the weights in Meph's script are unknown to us, could in principle result in a game with zero or four kooks, and the "evidence" you cite is Gambler's Fallacy at its finest.
Right. I'm actually saying it's more likely to be true BECAUSE you say it isn't. Even if there aren't enough points for my result, there's not enough AGAINST it either. You seem to forget that conveniently. And no. There has always been at least one Kook. there will always be at least one Kook. Do not attempt to WIFOM the Town again with your horsecrap. You stupid moron.
Bullshit. That's not how statistics, or debating, works. You make an assertion, you have to prove it is correct. Saying "there aren't enough points for my result, there's not enough against it either" is fallacious reasoning. There aren't enough points against any number of other scenarios either, but I don't assert they are true (as you did). You are admitting making shit up, you assert undecidables as truth (also known as "lying"), and asserting knowledge you don't have as truth. You lovable troll.
I'm going to quote a section for you:

You make an assertion, you have to prove it is correct.
You never prove your assertion correct. You merely say mine is not correct, which is, in itself, an assertion. There is no evidence in your statement. You do not prove your assertion. Ever.

I gave exactly as many data points were available in a concise manner. I showed what was likely and what wasn't. You didn't provide any evidence that your assertion was correct (and you did assert).

Mephansteras: is the presence of at least one Kook guaranteed in Paranormal games?
Of course he's not going to say yes, because that would be against rules. But, there is at least one Kook. He will, of course, change the program for next round to make this no longer possible, as that is how I abuse the system. I find the loopholes, exploit them, and then let him fix it for next time.

At most what you can say is that there's likely to be "one or more" kooks, leaving the door wide open for either a second one, a scum fakeclaim, or a townie kook who hasn't claimed by now, and won't since if he's the third to claim he'll be lynched for sure (which is why a scum fakeclaim needs to get in fast).
Right. So, maybe instead of sitting there trying to turn it into a scumtell, DO SOME ACTUAL SCUMHUNTING. Jesus Christ.
So, I'm right, yes? So it does leave the door open of a scum fakeclaim, a townie kook who hasn't claimed, a second (or third) kook, and so on? So what was all the above bullshit about? As to hunting, I think I am, and I'll do as I please at my own pace. Bugger off.
Everything is possible, but the fact that you're scum pretty much debunks all your claims by trying to turn a Kook claim that benefits the town into a scumtell and using that to defend your vote while waiting for someone else to make an argument for you so that you can head the bandwagon. And when they get lynched, you'll probably play the blame game on Ottofar because he HAS TO BE THE SCUMS!

You were not hunting before this, and that cannot be changed. Your "pace" is about two arguments a year. Both of which you haven't gotten to yet.

Also, please let me laugh heartily at your defense of, "I think I am."

Again your statistics are bunk. If at least one of them is town, and you have independent scummy reads on the other one, you have better chance of hitting scum by lynching the possible-fakeclaimer than randomly lynching one of the other dozen players.
NO YOU DON'T! YOU'RE MAKING THINGS UP! HOLY GOD!
Statistics really isn't your strong point, is it? Say you have a even-odds certainty of one of the two kooks fakeclaiming (because, as I said, you have independent scummy reads on him). If you lynch him, you have a 50% chance of hitting scum. If you lynch at random one of the other 13 players, you have a 30% or so chance. Your statistics are bunk.
But, it's not even-odds. That's your failure at statistics. Your making assertions again with no reason to, and you're doing it wrong.

Empirically, there's a 100% chance that at least one of them is Town. There's also a 33% chance both of them are town.

Do... do you know how to add? Multiply?

Watch as I show you that it's exactly as I said it was.

1 (2/3) + 2 (1/3) = 4/3
That first 1 is the exact number town Kooks there are in a game, multiplied by the chance that there is exactly 1. This is added to the chance that 2 show up. The total is the expected amount of town Kooks in a game.

Do you see how that works?

Your argument that there aren't enough data points would be okay, but my counterpoint is that it's more accurate than your assertion.

In short, your arguments are crap, your defence of Toaster is utterly scummy, and your lies are painful. You are scum. Unvote Toaster, vote Webadict. But I still think Toaster is scummy. My next picks, for those keeping track, are Mr.Person, and Org.
OMGUS. WIFOM. Backtracking. Lies. No logical reasoning. No scumhunting.

At least you're not being passive, right?

Oh, I'm sorry. Janus showed up. I'ma get back to ya when you answer, but Janus is pretty scummy too.

blah blah blah some more
Doesn't seem to be much point in responding to you any more, you're just ignoring me anyway.
I'm ignoring you? Where? And that is blatant hypocritical reasoning right in the opening.

However, unvote NF because Ottofar is looking worse right now. And Janus, avoiding the OMGUS is worse than doing it, frankly. You should make up your mind whether you think Wuba's scum.
Avoiding an OMGUS? As I explained, I'm not sure what to think about webadict and am reserving judgement until a later day. Why would I vote for him as either town or scum?
... What? That argument makes no sense at all.

That's just a statement of WIFOM that leads nowhere.

Told you he'd say this. Of course, that just a formality. I, however, know the truth.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 11:27:54 pm »

Apparently this thread exploded while I was gone.

I'll be back in an hour or two, and then I'll start trawling through this thread.

In case you were wondering, I was gone from a computer the whole day. My brother got married.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 12:12:36 am »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:22 am »

I had made 2 posts replying directly to points against me.  Just read them and it's pretty obvious they're not full posts.

Actually, I find "Lack of responsiveness" a really odd thing to say considering that you didn't actually make any points for me to answer.  You just made a couple of crap points in defence ("Yeah, I unvoted for no reason.  Yeah, I'm activelurking").

And you clearly voted me because I voted you, just with a slight timegap (hey, apparently you do want me to be lynched over this, since you'll never vote unless you want a lynch?).

Crap questions you weren't going to follow up (although you will now I've pointed it out):
Toaster, who are you most suspicious of as of right now?

Org, who do you most want to see lynched today?

Similar questions you asked in the past and didn't follow up:
Book, what is your fascination with Jokerman? Do you intend to relentlessly assault him again?

Org: What will your feelings be if Book develops another fixation on Jokerman?

I did read them, I just have little idea what your standards are for a full post.

I...never unvoted... and what else was I supposed to say about active-lurking? "I'm not. Totally not at all."? I just found it odd that you left it at that and moved on to others (which I know now weren't actual full posts). The least I expected was for you to say something regarding what you think are crap responses. That's usually something you follow up on.

Not necessarily lynched, not yet anyway. But you're getting close and you seem most deserving of my attention right now.

I'm calling bullshit on that. What proof do you have that I wasn't going to follow up on that? If it's insufficient or interesting, I'll follow up. You saying "you will now because I pointed it out" just goes to show you're only trying to dirty my name and so far, I've only known scum to do that.

As for the previous questions, nothing interesting popped up. Org gave a useless answer and made it apparent that I wouldn't give much with it and Book answered sufficiently. Aside from that, I realized there wasn't much to actually gain from those questions, so I decided to abandon them.

I want Janus lynched.

Why? In your own words, not Web's.

Apparently this thread exploded while I was gone.

I'll be back in an hour or two, and then I'll start trawling through this thread.

In case you were wondering, I was gone from a computer the whole day. My brother got married.

Congrats!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2011, 02:53:01 am »

I don't disagree, and my intuition has been wrong before, but he's still at the top of my list. But the day is young, so let's see what the next day or two of discussion will bring.

Who are your top three picks for now, Jim?

Unless something changes through my read through of the thread so far, it's Mr.Person, then JTF and Toaster, whom are about equal.

Also you're creeping up there, but behind JTF and Toaster.

At the start of the game I find it more useful to wait for someone who slips while responding to someone else and focus on him than randomly sling questions around.

That's a terrible strategy that justifies a lazy Day 1. You shouldn't follow it.

Jim:
I didn't coerce Ottofar into anything. How Ottofar responded was up to Ottofar. He responded poorly, just like Ottofar. Do you see me calling him scum for it? No.

Did you expect him to vote me in response?

That's not something I thought about when I asked the question.

If that was on my mind when I did ask the question, I would have answered yes, I did expect it, but only because Ottofar is Ottofar.

WUBA
MUST
ARGUE
EVERYTHING

Dear God, most of this is completely pointless, and not even all that well argued.

So, apparently you suspect JTF from a meta argument, Book because of how he talked about Toaster and the OMGUS, and then Argembarger for who knows what reason.

Welp, glad I spent all that time reading to get that pittance of information.

Unfortunately, I'm not okay with underhandedness. You've got some serious problems if you think it's okay to make bogus arguments until someone does something.

Pffffffffffft, aaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

JTF, what is your opinion on Mr.Person?
There's a decent chance that he's scum based mostly on meta. He's acting like he normally does as scum.

I don't like your tepid take on Mr.Person. Do you think he's scum? I don't want to know if there's a decent chance of him being scum. I already know that. If you do think he's scum, what makes you think that?

And here's one of the reasons I think you're scum: lack of strong opinion on apparent suspicions, which is completely and totally unlike you.

My answer was noncommittal because I'm not sure. My gut feeling says that he's scummy, but that's tempered both by the fact that I'm annoyed with him right now (thus not necessarily looking at it objectively) and that he always does this. Also he tends to either get nightkilled or attract inspections during the early nights, so he's usually better to deal with later in the game.

Tepid, lighthanded JTF doesn't impress me too greatly nor make me think you're town.

The speed of Toaster's claim is certainly interesting, and if I wanted to be paranoid, suspicious, but it's not an exceptionally terrific reason to use for a vote. I'll grant you Toaster is exceptionally wily, but even if you're playing with Wile E. Coyote, you still need a concrete reason.
This bit is... odd.  I really can't see why a quick claim is anything other than null.  Can you explain why this is a "not exceptionally terrific reason" rather than "not a reason at all"?

The paranoid in me suspects Toaster for his kook claim, but I've got nothing concrete to go off of. So I understand why Book suspects Toaster, but I do not think that reason alone was sufficient justification for the vote.

So, I guess that's what I mean when I say 'not an exceptionally terrific reason.' There's a basis, but it's incredibly flimsy.

I could have just as easily said 'not a reason at all.' Seems like we're splitting hairs here and talking about the same thing.

I utterly hate the timing of this.

Argembarger unvotes, Org votes JTF, and then you vote webadict, returning him to the lead. (I think.)

Not to mention you're applying some of my meta onto webadict. How does what I did in Supernatural 3 apply to webadict at all?

(Also, I defended JTF from you not for any brilliant WIFOM purposes, but instead because I thought your arguments were crap and my internalized town voice told me as much.)

Congrats!

Why, thank you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 04:46:18 am »

Book, you are, by far, the biggest moron ever. I lack words to describe how idiotic you are. In fact, I lack the vocabulary to describe how little words I have to describe your ineptitude.
Few. How "few" words you have. But your stunted vocabulary is not my problem.

No. I believe he is Town because of your sick fantasy where everyone who does anything pro-Town is suspicious.
Dude, that's not how it works. You can't believe someone is town because of my sick fantasy, you have to believe someone is town based on something they have done. What has Toaster done to make you certain he's town? Claiming kook?

but in reality, where I reside, [...]That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in the world. Possibly on this side of the galaxy.
How's the view from that side of the galaxy, you know, reality, where you reside?

And yeah. I seriously, and amazingly, think you're the worst liar/player in the world.
And yet, by this time next week, I'll be King of the Mafia. Cool, eh?

Of course he's not going to say yes, because that would be against rules. But, there is at least one Kook. He will, of course, change the program for next round to make this no longer possible, as that is how I abuse the system. I find the loopholes, exploit them, and then let him fix it for next time.
Bullshit. It is not against the rules for him to clarify what is guaranteed and what is not. And "he'll change it" because of your argument? Oh, you adorable little ball of ice cream, the world does not revolve around you. Meph, unlike you, understands statistics and weights.

Everything is possible
So, everything is possible? Including the fact that there could be zero kooks and therefore two fakeclaimers? Or four kooks and therefore at least two townie kooks who haven't claimed? Is this possible? I thought you asserted, with certainty, that there always is at least one kook. But it isn't true.

Empirically, there's a 100% chance that at least one of them is Town. There's also a 33% chance both of them are town.

Do... do you know how to add? Multiply?

Watch as I show you that it's exactly as I said it was.

1 (2/3) + 2 (1/3) = 4/3
That first 1 is the exact number town Kooks there are in a game, multiplied by the chance that there is exactly 1. This is added to the chance that 2 show up. The total is the expected amount of town Kooks in a game.
Hoisted by your own petard. I dispute your numbers in principle, but let's assume them as you stated them:
"Empirically, there's a 100% chance that at least one of them is Town. There's also a 33% chance both of them are town."
If there's a 33% chance both are town, it means there's a 67% chance that is not the case, yes? So, if you have a scummy one and a not scummy one, if you lynch the scummy one you hit scum with 67% probability! Way more than lynching a non-claimant at random! Hell, even disregarding scumminess, lynching a kook claimant at random is still 33% chance of hitting scum, vs. ~30% if you shot elsewhere at random.

Or if you prefer: if you have 4/3 expected kooks, and 6/3 people claim kook (that's "two", in case you have trouble with fractions), then there's 67% probability one of them is fakeclaiming!

Not that I buy your numbers, they are bunk, but if you follow them, you make my point for me.

OMGUS. WIFOM. Backtracking. Lies. No logical reasoning. No scumhunting.
OMGBBQ! PCMCIA! Sure, whatever. These are the arguments against you:
- You assert, with certainty that Toaster is town. You have not explained this, and have no way of knowing with certainty, unless you know his alignment because he's on your scum team.
- You said earlier the claiming is "a slight town tell", so how do you jump from "a slight town tell" to the certainty you are spouting? You defend Toaster vigorously, without giving any reason or evidence in his favour other than his claim.
- Since you are attacking his attacker, you are also guilty of Chainsaw defence.
- You lie when you claim I voted Jokerman for attacking Toaster.
- You lie when you claim I backtracked on Jokerman.
- Your arguments have plenty of volume and insults, but little reasoning and evidence. Therefore, you are scum.

Also, these are not scummy, merely dumb:
- You lie when you claim there must be at least one kook.
- You lie when you claim your numbers show that it's better not to lynch the scummier one.
- You lie when you claim I'm the worst player in the world!

Told you he'd say this. Of course, that just a formality. I, however, know the truth.
Of course you do, wuba baby, of course you do.

I utterly hate the timing of this. Argembarger unvotes, Org votes JTF, and then you vote webadict, returning him to the lead. (I think.)
I haven't kept track of who's voting who, I vote someone when they become my top scum pick, not based on what others are doing. But it's true I've not seen a votecount in a while.

Meph: votecount, please.

Not to mention you're applying some of my meta onto webadict. How does what I did in Supernatural 3 apply to webadict at all?
It's something I hadn't seen scum do, so I added it to my repertoire of things to look out for skillful scum doing. Wuba can be very skillful scum when he wants, so it certainly rings alarms if I see him do it. Aren't you glad you expanded my horizons? Your so thoroughly schooling me on supernatural 3 almost made up for me handing you your ass on a platter on Bastardnormal.  ;-)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:41 am »

For Person

For now i'm concentrating on the 2 kook business. Heres my tought
2 kook are possible, but maybe due to a kink in meph program i dont remmeber it the last games. Unlikely
2 scum fakeclaiming is incredibly risky ( especially if there is a real kook, no way there is 3 in a game) so id say nay to that.
1 scum 1 kook is possible, and i would have a easier time believing the 2nd claim. Scum as few good reason to claim Kook in second, since this funny business will get looked upon more closely. Town kook as no such problem, since he know he can stand up to a telepath investigation.

Question
Ottofar, Why would you not have claimed if toaster did not do it first?

Misguided townie, great. Well, FYI, since either claim position or both is possible to be scum, you shouldn't throw either out. As such, you should throw questions at the kook claimers before assuming ANYTHING about their alignment.

You also suck for having nothing to question or comment on. What about Webadict? What do you think of his "1 kook is town" argument?

Ottofar, Why would you not have claimed if toaster did not do it first?

I was afraid of the 'hardheaded idiots', as someone put it.

So in other words you'd rather save your own ass than benefit the town? Now let's see, who does that? Oh yeah, the scum!

If it doesn't matter if the question goes unanswered, why does it matter if I press the question? If you're going to use something's unimportance as a reason for why I shouldn't do something, I can use its unimportance for the opposite reason. Since we're dealing with frivolities who cares what happens?

That's the argument you're making anyway.

Booook's refusal means he's not being cooperative, which town in the majority of cases should be as much as possible. They should speak freely as much as possible to allow everybody to get a good look at them, excepting issues that actually are dangerous to talk about. That's something a townie should want, right? He should want everybody to get good reads on him so that he can have everybody know he's town.

There is a bit of a difference, actually. Refusing to answer means Book look at the question, decided answering was bad for the town, and then refused. You looked at the question, which you've freeely admitted was frivilous and useless, and decided it was important enough to pressure Book into answering. Book's was more of a passive thing while yours takes both an active effort for no gain. This means you either decided to force the issue into relevance to attack Book or you value your time so lowly you're willing to waste it AND you don't know how to scumhunt properly via asking questions.

You've literally just said my case. Book thinks talking about Extie choices IS dangerous to talk about. That you think Book is incorrect is irrelevant. So Book did in fact have a reason to not answer that was to him a good one. You argued with Book that it wasn't dangerous, Book disagreed. If you had asked Book other questions or questions about Book's refusal to answer, you would of gotten responses from Book.

Booook outright refused to allow people to get a read on him on this issue, which is something I consider a vastly more important issue than helping impressionable Exterminators with their tech choices. It doesn't necessarily make him scum for refusing, since BOoook has a habit of being a defiant jackass for no good reason a lot of the time. And, well, it's hard to pressure vote somebody when you're already voting them from the RVS.

Was it worth it, then? You seem to be saying now that attacking Book wasn't a good idea.

No shit it was sarcastic, but does it matter what the answer is? At all? How does an answer of "Intel and EMP emitter" vs "Body double and Adv. holoform" change your view of Book? You've learned nothing insightful about Book either way, so why bother pressing the issue? Book gave an answer and that's what was asked. It's not an illegal set of tech choices, it's not impossible to win with, and it's an actual set of choices rather than "I'd use no techs". Wanted to learn more about Book? You should of asked another question towards him. Wait, no, you didn't, you just said he was scum and walked away. Doesn't sound like something a player interested in gathering information to me.

You must have a busted sarcasm detector. Since Boooook is apparently worried about impressionable Exterminators, his answer was meant to screw over the Exterminator who must surely have been eagerly awaiting Boook's heavenly tech choices. It's not his opinion on the matter. What his opinion actually was probably wouldn't have mattered at all, but it's the freely giving it that's important. See my point above.

You really are stupid. You really only wanted the answer for the sake of getting an answer? Why did you pressure Book with an irrelevant question over making up a new, more relevant one you could of actually learned something from? It would of been a better use of your time and Book's.

I didn't coerce Ottofar into anything. How Ottofar responded was up to Ottofar. He responded poorly, just like Ottofar. Do you see me calling him scum for it? No.

And that's why you're accusation falls flat on its face. If you're going to accuse me of tricking or trapping or coercing Ottofar into making a bad move, why am I not voting him for it? Here's why: because I don't think he's scum for it.

Tada! Bullshit accusations are easy to dispel.

Don't give me that shit. You know damn that asking Ottofar "Why aren't you voting Toaster?" will drive Ottofar towards voting Toaster. The implications coming off this post are tangible. "Why aren't you voting Toaster? You should be voting Toaster but aren't." might as well have been your post, it would of read the same.

Well, you did drive him right into the vote.

Wait, you consider it a slip? Why did you gloss over it when it actually happened, then? If you think it's scummy, why haven't you actually bothered to question Ottofar about it? You are aware you can talk to more than one player at a time, right? Or was bullshitting Book so tiring that you forgot to look at obvious shit happening right in front of you?

It's almost like you don't read the thread when you make your walls of texts. I did follow up. Then I got a response. Sort of. Pretty par for the course for Ottofar. Even the slip up.

Why are you trying to implicate me via Ottofar? That's a bullshit accusation. Why are you pushing a bullshit accusation?

Well, you're kind of the instigator here. See above.

That's not follow up and you've insulted mafia by even pretending it is. That's inane bullshit you posted so you wouldn't have to give a real opinion. You didn't vote Ottofar or call him scum, or give a follow-up question. Thus, you ended the conversation without an opinion.

Follow up would of been another question or a statement on Ottofar's character. And don't tell me you said he was scum, you were so passive here you could easily make a case here you were saying Ottofar was town. Saying "I don't buy it, not yet" implies you will buy the case in the future.

Yeah, I think you're scum. You smell like you do in SorcApp II, where your flurry of lurking was interrupted by walls of text full of questionable points and stupid accusations. Unvote, Mr.Person.

What kind of moron do you take me for? That kind of behavior got me lynched. It certainly wasn't intentional in that game. Well, alright, at first I was lurking more than usual, but especially once I was caught, I posted at about my normal rate, maybe a little slower than normal since I knew I was screwed and wasn't feeling very motivated. I just legitimately missed a lot of time between when I posted in the scum chat "I'll lurk a little bit more then post" and my next in-thread post.

But that's all irrelevant since the game started Friday. I missed the start of the game, that's fine. I log in earlier Saturday and start working on the post. I get distracted a few times since it's not necessary to get this post up right now since it's Saturday. And lookie here, I've posted. So no, I have not been maliciously lurking since the game hasn't even been going on long enough to call for lurking. Nice bullshit to get an OMGUS going with a little bit of legitimacy, too bad your legitimacy falls right through the fucking window with a little common sense and a clock.

My one line meta argument certainly required a two paragraph response from you to dispel its horrid implications. This is incredibly defensive of you.

Just because you know that behavior got you lynched as scum doesn't mean you're not repeating it here.

Let me rephrase part of the quote above with an addition in italics. "That kind of behavior got me lynched. It certainly wasn't intentional in that game and it's not intentional now.".

In other words, I'm posting on the same schedule since I'm on the same posting schedule as I was that game, not because it draws heat away from me or anything. That's a stupid case to make anyways since as you can plainly see I'm drawing plenty of heat just fine, thank you.

You'll find that this two paragraph response is actually about average length compared to any other response I made on you. Nice try attempting to pull a case out your ass that fails at being true but even being actual evidence in the first place. Being defensive is not scum. Being defensive at the expense of attacking, sure, but I think we can both agree that even if I was being very defensive here, I certainly haven't dropped the attack on you.

On that note, I'm going to go ahead and drop the attack on (and unvote) Jim Groovester and vote JanusTwoface. I have to agree with Webadict that Janus is posting a LOT of passive statements (read: everything Webadict mentioned before my last post). Now that Web's pointed them out, they are really passive. Not to be a broken record, I'm bringing forth some new reasoning to the table. Also, don't mistake this for Jim being town. No, he's still pulled bullshit on Book and Ottofar at the beginning of the game, I haven't forgotten that. Janus just actually has a chance of getting lynched. I'd rather someone I think is scum (Janus) gets lynched over someone I think is town (Webadict).

I'm not going into why Web is town at the moment since frankly I can't. I have no evidence whatsoever and will not be defending him, I'm just saying I get townvibes from him. I don't trust them since I'm wrong about him a lot, but they're there. Another reason I think he's town is that I've got a fuckton of scumpicks at the moment and can't fit in any more. We'll see how things go when the game thins out.

What makes you say MBP isn't scum hunting?
He's doing a bit better this game, but it still feels like a token effort. Judging from the little meta I have of him, that'd be a null tell at the time being.

Do you enjoy being really, really passive? So you admit that you think MBP isn't scumhunting, then claim you evidence he isn't scumhunting is a null tell? Gee that makes no sense whatsoever if you thought about it, but of course you're not using logic or anything. You're just painting MBP as scum using any means necessary.

For reference, anyone who doesn't claim kook d1 and tries to claim kook later on is scum. End of story. There is no reason whatsoever not to claim kook d1. [...] Alright, I'll bite. What good reason is there to not claim Kook? I can't even imagine.
We've had this conversation before. We clearly don't agree, but we don't have to. There are good reasons for claiming (what you cite), and for not claiming (not to deal with the 'hard-headed idiots', etc); there are good reasons for scum fakeclaiming it (some consider it a "slight town tell" and is an alibi against inspection), there are good reasons for scum not fakeclaiming it (attracts attention). Just as you oppose my finding it suspicious, I oppose your "lynch non-kook-claimaints-D1" policy. Everyone will vote however they want. No matter how many times you say "end of story", everyone writes their own story.

So the only reason not to claim kook is cowardice and to save your own ass. The reason to claim it is to help the town. Tell me which of those two is a BIT more important than the other. Here's a hint: it's helping the town. Seriously, if you don't claim because you're afraid it'll get you lynched when you claim it, you deserve to get lynched later when you do claim it since you've already exhibited a major, major scumtell.

Feel free to question kooks since there's a higher than normal chance they're scum, but you can't do a lynch-all-kooks program.
Yes, I'll question them, and vote them if I find them suspicious. I'm not advocating a policy lynch, unlike you.
You act as though policy lynches aren't acceptable. They're quite fine for getting the policy lynchee to stop doing whatever you're policy lynching for. In fact, this policy lynch is pretty much to lynch people who are choosing to save their own life over wasting a perfectly good Agent inspection. Choosing self over the town is a scumtell.

@Book: Why made you think Jokerman said MBP was town. You definetly glossed over the issue, which I find to be VERY scummy coming from you since I know it was intentional.
He did mean MBP was town. Let's look at the exchange in detail, with context restored:

What if everyone takes the "wait and see" approach?  If no one jumps out and takes the initiative, how will you find scum?
Someone always jumps out; someone like you, Toaster. For one thing, I'm a big proponent of the "wait and see" approach, and your attack on it is the same level of bullshit that it's been every time you've used it on me: it works for me, I know what I'm doing, and it's never been a tool I've used as scum because, guess what, scum has better things to do, like painting town to be the bad guy for doing something else. Like what you're doing here.
He's saying to Toaster "your attack is [...] bullshit", referring to his attack on MBP, since he ends it with "like what you're doing here." What's he's doing here is attacking MBP for "wait and see"; which Jokerman calls this "painting town to be the bad guy", clearly indicating in context that the "town" is MBP. Am I reading it incorrectly? What "attack" of Toaster is bullshit, then? Which "town" is he painting as the bad guy?

I didn't gloss over the issue; I asked him the direct question: "Do you think MBP is town?" He replied in the negative, so I let it go.

No, he's saying that MBP is scum because he's using the wait-and-see approach. Toaster says only he can use the wait-and-see approach and doesn't since as scum he has better things to do like painting town to be scum when he's scum, not MBP. This all could of been adverted if you just asked Toaster what he meant, which I'll take the opportunity to ask right now.

So Toaster, could you clarify what you meant in this quote?

I might have missed it if there were questions directed at me (I did a basic reread, but I'm exhausted so forgive me if I did).

Webadict is being suspiciously loud this game. I mean, he's always loud and, well, WUBA, but this game it feels as though he's trying too hard to defend himself before evolving into an attack on Jim. I expected the attack sooner, to be honest, and it felt as though he wasn't playing as he usually does as Town, though that's been abated a bit.

JTF...it's never easy for me to read JTF, but I feel like he's giving off a more Town vibe. His posts have been constructive and he's been voicing suspicions and pursuing scum. All in all, Town read.

Ottofar is being Ottofar, as Pandarsenic said. Out of all three, I'd have to say he's the most scummy to me: his claim was interesting, to say the least. However, from there, he's been more and more scattered, and not making all that much sense. He's also not pursuing scum at all; only answering questions and leaving it at that.

Your position on Web is really stupid since it seems to be "talking a lot = scum" which is laughably false. You're gonna have to prove he's scum via the things he says and not make blanket statements about how much he's saying.

What suspicions? What scum? I see none of those things when I look at JTF's posts. I see empty statements of character that can be read either way. I see no real pressure applied to anyone. I see no real vote or anything at all that makes me think JTF is town. I just see crappy questions that mean nothing.

In what way is Ottofar's claim suspicious? Don't even think of saying "kook=fakeclaim" since that's not allowed. At least come up with a real reason, even if it's Book's crappy reasoning.

Book, a question in turn.

What do you make of Mr.Person trying to incriminate me through Ottofar's slipup? You asked Dariush about him and me, so you must think something's interesting about it. Care to share?

I see you asked a lot of questions about me. Why was that?

I think Person's posts so far this game have been scummy. All of them. His reaction to the kook stuff, about your reaction to my ext answer, his rehashing of Jokerman's old slip, his support for a D1 mass claim, his reaction to your vote, and so on, all have been framed in a way that leaves me with a bad scummy taste. He seems to be argumentative just to be argumentative, trying too hard to wave the "scumhunting townie" flag, rather than actually trying to get information or reads on people. He's second on my scum list after Toaster.

How is my reaction to the kook stuff scummy? How is my reaction to your Exterminator answer scummy? We have the same goddamned opinion there! And before you say "chainsaw defense!", yeah, at the time I did think you were town since my meta of you said you'd of backed off from Jim's ultimatum instead of standing your ground. How is my "rehash" of Jokerman's slip scummy? That was my first post of the game! Unless you think I'm a time wizard or that old arguments are automatically bad, there's no basis whatsoever there. How is my support for a D1 massclaim scummy? I'm not trying to force it through, I'm just saying I think it's a good idea. I haven't even mentioned it again until now and had no intention of doing so unless somebody (like you) brought it up again.

And your case on me is that I'm scumhunting for the sake of appearing to scumhunt? Gee, that's not a stupid reason to think someone is scum, isn't it? Wait, actually it is, since by that logic we should lynch everyone who's scumhunting! Actually, you have a valid reason, you just have to prove my scumhunting is flawed first. You've brought forth a shitload of unproven claims and until you do so I'm going to laugh them away.

I haven't made many arguments on Toaster yet, mostly because it's intuition-based on his tone & timing, but there's [1], [2], and I'm still surprised by how fast his claim was: twenty minutes and six posts into the game. Too eager for my tastes, really seems designed to preempt a counterclaim.

As I said, not much, but he's a cryptic fellow.

That's a good reason for a random vote, but bringing that forth as evidence against Toaster makes you look like a huge fool. Really? Your reasoning against Toaster doing an automatic action is that it's too fast despite the fact that being a townie more than explains why he would claim so fast? That's ass backwards to say the least. At the very least bring something that's not really stupid to the table.

Alright, think of it this way. Town-Toaster gets his role PM of kook. Scum-Toaster gets his role PM and decideds to fakeclaim kook. Describe to me how Toaster's "fast" claim looks more like the latter and less like the former.

I don't disagree, and my intuition has been wrong before, but he's still at the top of my list. But the day is young, so let's see what the next day or two of discussion will bring.

Who are your top three picks for now, Jim?

This would be fine except for one minor detail: you weren't facilitating discussion towards Toaster. Not really. You asked him a question about when he'd claim kook. Real hard hitting considering he'd, you know, already answered the question. You also asked him a question about my lynch-late-kook-claimers policy lynch, which is frankly an RVS question at best. All-in-all, you're just trying to justify suspecting Toaster with no evidence at this point. Even you know that Toaster's "early" kook claim is crap evidence. Quite suspicious of you, Book. Quite suspicious indeed.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2011, 06:44:36 am »

IT CONTINUES! I had to split this up since the forum has a 40,000 character post limit. It's the anti-Twitter.

Uhm. I'd say Mr. P. Also, Pandar and Leaf seem somewhat towny, and Toaster's somewhere in the middle.
Actual reasoning when I have time.

I'm DYING to hear this reasoning. Post it. Now. Phone or no phone, you've been active lurking for way too long.

JanusTwoFace, Toaster: If you were scum, and had decided to fakeclaim kook, how soon would you do it? What's your view on Person's policy-lynch of all kooks who don't claim D1?
I wouldn't. If I did (or if I were a Kook), I would probably claim via PM to 1-3 people on Day 1. So far as policy-lyches, I think it's kind of extreme. If there's no better target, it's not a bad idea to lynch a late Kook claim because it's a last straw measure. But if there is, it's a policy lynch

Then what do you say to my reasoning that not claiming kook is putting your life ahead of the town's best interests and thus scummy?

There's a decent chance that he's scum based mostly on meta. He's acting like he normally does as scum.
Elaborate. Putting forth a notion without any evidence is bad form.

Janus:  Of the five people you asked questions here, which two are the most suspicious?  Do you think your Org vote is doing any good?
Webadict feels like he always does (an arrogant asshole with delusions of usefulness, see the spoiler for more on that) and hasn't answered the question I asked.

I don't really think NativeForeigner is scum, my main point against him had already been answered, I just missed it. Ottofar feels scummy, but that could be explained by his PFP as always. Leafsnail feels like he was

I really think we should lynch Org. Yes, it's a policy lynch. Nothing else has done any good though.

Passive statement that tells us nothing about your opinion on Webadict. You of course do nothing to scumhunt Web in any way shape or form.

A firm statement about NativeForeighner! Finally! Then of course you make a passive statement about Ottofar and cut one off about Leafie, but hey, at least you're 1/3 of the way there! Too bad you're still 2/3rds scum (I'm not liking the looks of the statement you were beginning about Leafsnail, but feel free to finish it.)

The reason you have nothing better to do than policy lynch Org is because you haven't been scumhunting. Hell, Org's been more useful than you, so shut the fuck up about policy lynching Org until you've checked yourself out first. Also, how are you picking Org over another lurker? Oh wait, you're picking Org because he's not on your team, haven't you?

blah blah blah
For one: That's the scale of wall of text that goes well beyond being useful into useless. Too much to parse, people will tend to just ignore it. Particularly when a good part of it is repeating/answering things that have already been answered.

Fuck.
You.

It's amazing you can, in the same goddamn post, back-to-back, claim you want to lynch Org for not posting enough and Webadict for posting too much. Everybody should post like Webadict and me, that's what made the old days so good was that there was always a load of people ready to make WoT's. It's good for the game and good for the town since it provides a LOT of information for everyone else to use to read alignments. The only reasoning against WoT's I can think of is that it's too much work to read them. Tough shit. Read them. If you choose not to, don't complain when somebody bitches at you for not reading them since you shouldn't of. If you think Webadict is wasting space with his WoT's, accuse him of that. Do NOT cry that he's posting a lot because it hurts your precious baby eyes and takes effort to read and process. Man up or ask for a replacement, baby.

[spoiler=More webadict]
So far as I can tell, you're voting me for joking, policy lynch on Org, and answering questions for you.

For the first two, take the last 5 Paranormal games:
Paranormal 17 (town) - Policy lynch on Org, no joke
Paranormal 16 (town) - Policy lynch on Org, joke
Paranormal 15 (dopp) - Neither
Paranormal 14 (town) - Policy lynch on Org, joke
Paranormal 13 (dopp) - No policy lynch, joking tone

I've joked as town and as scum. I've not actually gone after an Org policy lynch as scum.

Answering you I already explained. However, you seem to be conveniently ignoring that fact despite bringing the 'answering' up (with the same quote no less) again and again.

Go ahead, ignore the dozens of times that Web points out you being passive. It won't make the go away or anything, but maybe if you ignore them Web will stop talking about them. Clever, I give you props for that. Too bad it failed.

Interesting. Toaster, webadict and Janus: what do you think of the viability of claiming Kook right away as a scum tactic? We went through this during Bastardnormal, and I still think it's a ballsy but viable possibility.
I wouldn't personally do it. Attacts too much attention (with the possibility of a Reporter or Warden blocking you). It is viable though for some people. Based on previous meta, I don't think either would have tried it without scumteam prodding.
Which ironically clashes with this:
Particularly Toaster being the third vote and already claiming Kook.
So, you don't think it's a scumtell, yet it is probably a scumtell. That is terrible logic, and a passive way of saying that he's scummy.
In the original context, I wanted to know why three people were voting Argembarger. Nowhere did I say that Toaster was particularly scummy, just that he was the most suspicious of the three. An impressive example of taking something out of context.

So Toaster is supicious but not scummy. Error, does not compute. In mafia, suspicious people ARE scummy BY DEFINITION! And in any case, even if he's not being "particularly scummy", he's still being scummy enough for you to call him out. So you've avoided the issue, which is that you claimed Toaster was the most scummy out of a group of three because he claimed kook then later claim that Toaster wouldn't do it as scum without scumteam prodding, which leads me to assume you think Toaster is town. If I'm mistaken, correct me, please, but I don't think Toaster had enough time before claiming to consult with a scumteam.

My answer was noncommittal because I'm not sure. My gut feeling says that he's scummy, but that's tempered both by the fact that I'm annoyed with him right now (thus not necessarily looking at it objectively) and that he always does this. Also he tends to either get nightkilled or attract inspections during the early nights, so he's usually better to deal with later in the game.

I think Day 1 (particularly in a role heavy game like Paranormal) is a time to basically feel out people's playstyle and learn a bit about new players. With 1 lynch and 1 nightkill, plus any nightactions there's a lot more information to go off during Day 2 and a lot more pertinent questions to ask.

If there's anyone being spectacularly scummy, then lynch them--with the annendum that new players should usually get a Day 1 excuse otherwise they're not likely to come back. Then, if there's not anyone jumping out as overly scummy and there's anyone being particularly annoying or unhelpful, lynch them. Right now, we have a few mislynches to spend. Later, we won't.

Passive.
Passive.
Passive.

Wow, you're a broken record, aren't you? No opinion on Webadict, no opinion on what we should do, and no opinion on who would be a good lynch. All of these are horrible.

You should have an opinion on Webadict. You don't, so you should be asking Webadict questions to figure out his alignment. You're not. The only reasons I can think of to not ask Webadict questions is that you already know his alignment (since you're scum) or you're active lurking (since you're scum). You just don't give a shit, do you? You're so transparent it's sad.

You also offer no opinion on what to do besides a genetic "ask questions". You don't offer anyone who needs more feeling out or anything like that, which implies you're happy with what's been said and don't need anymore... which makes no sense since you have no opinions. Only someone with strong opinions would ever be satisfied with the discussion ending. You don't, which means you don't care, so we're back to "already know everything" and "active lurking".

You offer no opinion on who to lynch, either, which means you don't know who's scum. This feeds back into the previous statements to mean "I'm happy with the current lynch and will do nothing to change it". The lynch at the time was Webadict, so nice try, but no, you have to play the game or get lynched as active lurking scum.

I'm iffy about Native's answer. It seems superficially acceptable but somehow inadequate.

How very passive of you.

webadict: hopy shit, walls of text. I would say his vote on Janus is really forced, except he seems to be building quite an impressive case on him... All in all, he comes off to me as rather neutral, although talkative web is certainly more useful web than quiet, somewhat snarky web. He took some time to respond to my question for him, though that isn't inherently scummy.

Because responding to questions is... scummy? What?

You're fairly passive and aren't asking as many questions as I'd really like. Still, you've got a strong opinion on Ottofar and are at least throwing a few good questions around, so that's worth something. Elaborate on Web vs. Janus, has Web nailed scum in Janus, is scum Webadict trying to get Janus lynched, is this a town vs town fight, or are we seeing honest-to-goodness scum bussing another scum? Or something else entirely?

blah blah blah some more

You must hate discussion, then. Good for you. What do you plan on doing, ignoring Webadict from now on? Plan on ignoring me? This is a VERY scummy move to make, by the way, since townies LOVE talking and all the information it reveals about oneself and you seem to hate talking since it incriminates you.

And Janus, avoiding the OMGUS is worse than doing it, frankly. You should make up your mind whether you think Wuba's scum.

This is bullshit since you're not questioning Webadict or trying to determine his alignment. In fact, you're going out of your way to NOT talk to him, so I fail to see how you plan on figuring out his alignment at all. You're just making crap up to avoid looking scummy at this point.

...Like I was what?  Don't leave me hanging, man.
Just as it says. You feel like you were

:)

More seriously, I think that your original RV on Argembarger was leading. It sounded like you were trying to trick him into saying he was scum which is, in itself, a scummy way to question.

Your only evidence against Leafsnail is that you dislike his RVS question? Why didn't you bring this up in RVS when it would of been useful? Why did you wait until much, much later to even attempt to mention this?

Serious overexplanation to a simple question, JTF.  Did these thoughts actually go through your head while writing the post you were asked about?  If so... why didn't you mention them?
I don't think it was overexplanation, my thoughts on webadict are complex. I needed all of it to get my point across.

Really? I see no thoughts at all whatsoever about Webadict. Well, I see no good ones since your only thought seems to be "I dislike reading that much, post less Webadict".

Lurk lurk lurk
k

You're active lurking. At least Jim has an excuse.

And really, that's just a punch-to-the-dick move there, pal.

Jim:

Did you expect him to vote me in response?

That's not something I thought about when I asked the question.

If that was on my mind when I did ask the question, I would have answered yes, I did expect it, but only because Ottofar is Ottofar.

Somehow, I don't believe you. It didn't even occur to you that Ottofar would probably vote Toaster? Were you shocked when he did? Why didn't you do more to Ottofar when he voted Toaster? You basically gave him a passive response (a free pass) rather than a hard Q&A session that would of helped out. Why didn't you grill Ottofar?

WUBA
MUST
ARGUE
EVERYTHING

Dear God, most of this is completely pointless, and not even all that well argued.

So, apparently you suspect JTF from a meta argument, Book because of how he talked about Toaster and the OMGUS, and then Argembarger for who knows what reason.

Welp, glad I spent all that time reading to get that pittance of information.

Would you rather Web posted like Org? I'll take WoT's over nothing, how about you?

I don't like your tepid take on Mr.Person. Do you think he's scum? I don't want to know if there's a decent chance of him being scum. I already know that. If you do think he's scum, what makes you think that?

And here's one of the reasons I think you're scum: lack of strong opinion on apparent suspicions, which is completely and totally unlike you.

The fact we agree here and elsewhere about Janus (and to a lesser extend about Book) is kinda scary, but I'll chock it up to *gasp* not all my scumpicks being scum. I'm betting Janus over you since I don't think Web is scum. I highly encourage you to drop your attack on me and lynch Janus, but as you might imagine I'm a bit biased about why you should do that.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40