Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124715 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

JTF, it bugs me slightly that you're hitting up on all the things you do every single game. And I don't think it's because you have any specific problem with Org, you just want to be able to say you do all the things you normally do.
Nope. I really do have a specific problem with Org.

Why, in Sup 3 and Bastanormal, I think you even went against what people think you normally do. Why the return here?
I wanted to give him a chance to see if he'd do anything different without the initial pressure. He didn't.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »

Haha, whatever.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 09:17:09 pm »

Oh , this tripe again.

Whatever Org may be, consistent attack on him for being Org is lazy. This tripe is getting old.

To Web, leeway or not you cause hard situation for some town roles. Guardians should never claim, since they are(in my opinion) the most powerfull town role. Claiming is idiotic ( at least until late game) since you basically sacrifice yourself. Not claiming is the same, youll get myslinched or the scum will catch on to it and NK.  Scum is hardly that impared. Sure thing like reporter or scan can invalidate the claim, but again they know who to target. You could protect guardians and scans by using pm etc, but again why massclaim in the first place ?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:22 pm »

All he has to do is scumhunt. Same of you. I seem to recall you getting lynched for not scumhunting last game...

To Web, leeway or not you cause hard situation for some town roles. Guardians should never claim, since they are(in my opinion) the most powerfull town role. Claiming is idiotic ( at least until late game) since you basically sacrifice yourself. Not claiming is the same, youll get myslinched or the scum will catch on to it and NK.  Scum is hardly that impared. Sure thing like reporter or scan can invalidate the claim, but again they know who to target. You could protect guardians and scans by using pm etc, but again why massclaim in the first place ?
In defense of claiming, you do have several options. Perhaps you have multiple Guardians. They can protect each other. Perhaps you have a Reporter, they can see who goes to kill the Guardian. There's always options, especially in a powerrole heavy game.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »

Yet again, that would necessitate 2 guardians in the game ( Guardians, since the 3 other types basically sacrifice themselves to protect someone). That's higly unlikely, especially since it would make scum wins incredibly hard barring unblockable kill. Reporter is fine and dandy, but you don't always have them.

Also, with the propensity of available 1 shots ( assasin bots, plasma bomb and the likes) they could simply eliminate all scan and cops, then coast to victory.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:05 pm »

They could coast to victory, but only if no-one scum hunted. Which is *exactly* why I want you to. Why do you refuse to do so?

Regarding the not the other types, the Observant Guard would also be great because you're trading one town for one scum. 99% of the time, it's worth it.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 10:05:02 pm »

That's lazy of you JTF. I could go with a NO YOU but that aint my style. Of course scum-hunting could make the town get a win, but with most power roles out town got almost no breathing room. Worst if there also Sk, aliens, etc.

I'm against Webadict idea of a massclaim, thus voted him. Currently explaining the reasons why that massclaim idea would be more nuisible to town more than to scum. Again, he said it was only a strategy option, but i find the idea would be weird coming from town, and so here we are.

Yes observant guard is also a good thing, but again not present all the time, and assasin bot/bombs etc would make that useless.

Finally, to get back to scumhunting; I'm reading everyone post intently, and looking for clues. I'm not asking much question day 1, since nothing much happened yet. You'll see later on

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »

What about Toaster and Ottofar both claiming Kook?

That's something that's happened. What's your opinion on that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »

Janus/Ottofar:
Why are there three people voting Argem?
That's actually a good point... Dariush, Leafsnail, Toaster? Care to elaborate? Particularly Toaster being the third vote and already claiming Kook.

I voted him because I asked him a question.  I didn't bother to look at who voted him first.

Unvote Argembarger:
Argembarger:  Which type of mad scientist would you rather be if you were town?  Scum?

I would want to be a Cutting Edge scientist with a body double as town, and a Military Scientist with an Assassin bot as scum.

Body double would be most useful as town, for that invaluable second chance at scumhunting, and it wastes a scum nightkill. It wouldn't be so good for scum because they'd be alive as confirmed scum after the body double is killed (I think, unless dead body double doesn't reveal alignment. I'm not too sure)

Assassin bot is better for scum because it's effectively an extra kill when it counts. It could turn lylo into surprise instant-lose for town. It's not so good for town because there is very rarely confirmed scum that is still alive, and the risks of misfiring assassin bot are (in my opinion) not worth the chance of hitting scum.

Interesting.  I am 70% sure that a body double death (even lynch) doesn't confirm alignment.  Meph, is there any sort of role flip if a body double dies?

MBP:
Finally, to get back to scumhunting; I'm reading everyone post intently, and looking for clues. I'm not asking much question day 1, since nothing much happened yet. You'll see later on

What if everyone takes the "wait and see" approach?  If no one jumps out and takes the initiative, how will you find scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »

I believe that one of them is lying. My first guess would be that toaster is the one lying, and want to use it as a cover (like Zath never stop talking about). I have trouble believing that scum would claim to be the second Kook.

Toaster, wait and see is not what i do all game. Theres not much information around, and so, i simply keep reading. When i see something interesting I ask about it

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:59 pm »

Unvote.

What if everyone takes the "wait and see" approach?  If no one jumps out and takes the initiative, how will you find scum?

Someone always jumps out; someone like you, Toaster. For one thing, I'm a big proponent of the "wait and see" approach, and your attack on it is the same level of bullshit that it's been every time you've used it on me: it works for me, I know what I'm doing, and it's never been a tool I've used as scum because, guess what, scum has better things to do, like painting town to be the bad guy for doing something else. Like what you're doing here.

I also don't like the way you moved your vote as soon as someone pointed it out. That's just bad in general. If you felt like your question was enough to vote for him, why didn't you pursue it at all? In fact, you just dropped it and asked Meph a question. What's the deal with that?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 10:55:50 pm »

MBP:  Why do you say one of us is lying?

So nothing so far is interesting besides Web's massclaim mention?

Jokerman:  I bug you about the "wait and see" move because I don't like it.  I don't like it when anyone does it, hence me going after MBP for doing it.  What makes you say MBP is town?

I moved my vote off Argem because he answered my question, much like I moved my vote onto Argem when Leafsnail answered my question.  He answered my question sufficiently, and I had nothing further for him.  At this early stage of the game, I use it to get attention, much like everyone else does in RV. RV's drawing to a close IMO, so I'll get firmer with it very soon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »

Wow, just started and already so many posts...

I'll fully catch up tomorrow after work, but for now, Toaster. It seems unlikely, though not impossible, that there would be two Kooks in this game. But your insta-claim and Ottofar's counter-claim doesn't look very good for you. Do you regret insta-"claiming" or do you stand by your decision?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:12 pm »

Umm... There can be two Kooks. Yeeeah...

So, everyone should step off the Kook claiming thing. Let whoever wants to claim Kook claim Kook. There's nothing scummy about it.

But, we'll assume anyone who hasn't claimed Kook is now scum. There. Feel free to freak out about that.

MBP, way to read. I'll just say a few things: Guardians suck. Stop caring about them. They are nowhere near the best roles in the game. Even if they were gods, claiming doesn't stop them from actioning. Even if there's one, one Reporter causes anyone targeting them to be shown. Dur.

JanusTwoface, you basically entered the game by claiming we were all scum. It was a joke. I don't like it. I'm voting you. You're going to stay voted, especially since you defended massclaiming in a question to me. Not really pleased with any of that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:05 pm »

Native:  Why do you say it'd be unlikely?

I don't regret it at all.  I saw Kook, and my first thought was "Claim it."  I'll do it again next time I roll up Kook.  The best time to claim it is the first post of the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40