Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124713 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:18:02 pm »

Jim: Bastanormal, mostly.  It was a big issue there D1, and I thought I'd go with a straight up first post claim over any sort of hidden claim or drawn out thing.

Ottofar:  Now that is interesting.  Do you really think me scummy over it or are you blue texting me on principle?

Leafsnail:  Fair enough.  Unvote.

Argembarger:  Which type of mad scientist would you rather be if you were town?  Scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »

Book, which alien do you think would be most interesting to play? (Also, I now think of Shepard Book anytime I see your name...)
Spore spreader, I think. I'd like to try that in principle, since I've never played a jester role. But I also like lasting through the end, so I don't think I'd like to be it more than once. And yes, the Shepherd is part of the charm of the name.

Booook, I got the impression in Supernatural 3 that the lessons you were going to take from the town loss were to be more irrationally paranoid about everything. If that's not the case, what did you take away from that game?
Certainly to up the paranoia, yes, but also to try and be less rigid/predictable. I found I tended to fall into common patterns, which could be abused by the scum and/or be detrimental to town, so I'll try to be a bit more experimental, and to question myself more.

Jim:  Sadly, Meph's script broke down and made me town this time.
However, it did make me a Kook, so that's something.
Interesting. Toaster, webadict and Janus: what do you think of the viability of claiming Kook right away as a scum tactic? We went through this during Bastardnormal, and I still think it's a ballsy but viable possibility.

Pandarsenic: What's your thought on third parties this game? We have 15 players and four dopps; do you think there's an Ext? Other aliens?

Org: If you were an Ext, who would you kill first?

MBP & Ottofar: If you were Kooks, would you claim on thread now, later in the game, on PM to someone, or not at all?
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 03:27:09 pm »

Toaster, I find two kooks unlikely.
Unless there's been a game with two before?

Zathras, I claimed already. I wouldn't have if Toaster hadn't. See above.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 03:30:02 pm »

Meph: I see Jim as voting me, not Toaster. Is it an error, or is there something funny going on with the voting?
The Whiteboard
Toaster: Jim Groovester

Book, as the exterminator, which techs would you pick?
I find the timing of your question interesting: are you an ext, looking for help in figuring out what to pick? I will leave your question unanswered, in case there is an Ext out there (whether it's you or not) I'd rather not assist with tech choices. Let him pick the lamest ones.

The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:31:53 pm »

The Whiteboard
Argembarger: Dariush, Leafsnail, Toaster
Book: Jim Groovester
Dariush: Jokerman-EXE
JanusTwoFace: webadict
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Ottofar
Org: JanusTwoFace
Toaster: Book

That should fix it.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

Why are there three people voting Argem?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 03:35:44 pm »

I find the timing of your question interesting: are you an ext, looking for help in figuring out what to pick? I will leave your question unanswered, in case there is an Ext out there (whether it's you or not) I'd rather not assist with tech choices. Let him pick the lamest ones.

Pfffft, this is lame. What's the point of asking RVS questions if you're just going to refuse to answer them?

If there is an Exterminator out there with half a brain he won't need your advice on it, and if he does need advice on tech choices he'll probably reveal himself in other ways. So just answer the question.

Ottofar, if you think two kooks are unlikely, why aren't you willing to vote Toaster over it?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 03:39:04 pm »

Book:  It's viable, but IMO it'd attract undue attention to you and put your base scumminess level up above most people, something I wouldn't want as scum.

Ottofar: Beware gambler's fallacy.  Para16 had two.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »

Because I'm not paying attention.

I'd blame that on Sleep Deprivation, having worked on a school project until 3am.

But yes,Unvote MBP
Vote Toaster

PPE: It did?

Ah well. My vote's on you for now.
Sleep tim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 03:49:03 pm »

Because I'm not paying attention.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, not buying it.

Not yet.

You paid enough attention to FoS him. You could've easily voted him instead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 03:51:05 pm »

Zathras, I claimed already. I wouldn't have if Toaster hadn't. See above.
So I see. Yes, gambler's fallacy notwithstanding, I find it suspicious of both of you, though I think Toaster would be better at getting away with it as scum strategy.

Toaster: yes, extra attention is garnered, but as we saw in earlier games, if it can be withstood it leaves the person almost confirmed-townie and won't be inspected, which is an ideal position for a crafty scum.

Pfffft, this is lame. What's the point of asking RVS questions if you're just going to refuse to answer them? If there is an Exterminator out there with half a brain he won't need your advice on it, and if he does need advice on tech choices he'll probably reveal himself in other ways. So just answer the question.
No. Or at least, not yet. I don't give free advice to the enemy. If people are still interested, I'll answer this in as much detail as you want D2. In the mean time, if you think not answering this question hampers RVS, ask more questions.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »

Who the fuck is going to care about what tech choices you would've taken by Day 2?

It's a decent RVS question. Your refusal is bullshit. You have a problem with people getting reads on you? Because that's more important than whatever inconsequential speculation you make up.

Seriously, get over yourself. If there is an Exterminator I doubt he's going to be hanging on to your every word.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 03:59:50 pm »

Bite me.

But for the purposes of moving on... I'd pick Intel, and the EMP pulse emitter. Yeah, those would be awesome choices. If there's an Ext out there, he should pick that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »

I'd vote you for your refusing to answer a question but I'm already voting you.

Everything worked out great!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 04:05:06 pm »

Ottofar:  You're voting me because I claimed Kook while you're already one, correct?  That's pretty flimsy reasoning.  I must say I find your "forgetting" to vote for me a lame excuse.

Zath:  Inspection can only go so far- that's what scum hunting is for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40