Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124840 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 3 darkens
« Reply #435 on: February 25, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

See inline in purple.

Case:

1. Failure to claim fully. Bullshit. I did, and then did it again. But up to you.
2. Inspecting someone (who just happened to have claimed just before you) who you didn't think was scum. As I said, I stand by my reasons: I scanned a good player on whom I had no reads to see if I could glean something about his alignment.
3. Trying to lynch a vigilante in an environment where a doppelganger vigilante obviously COULD NOT BE LYNCHED. You assume I buy your claim. I don't. I know you are not town, so should hang, but yes, if you are dopp vig your buddies would stand against it. Like Person and Jim are doing. Or you could be an Ext, in which case you're out of luck, because no one will help you (unless you have an op). In any case, you have an anti-town kill, so you should hang so you can't use it tonight.
4. Suddenly trying to shorten the day along with your partner, at a time when, conveniently, the only thing standing between the doppelgangers and victory is about to be lynched.  Add to this "Asking Mephansteras whether you and your scumbuddies voting for shorten will make it happen". 5. Withdrawing your shorten request even though you apparently still want a shortening.  In other words, removing the vote purely to try and make yourself look less scummy.Bah. As I said, I will not shorten unless everyone has spoken, for the same reasons I objected to Person's cowardly idea of quicklynching you while you were away. But in principle, yes, if people's minds are made up, I prefer to things to happen now instead of having a lurky weekend. Unless mind-changing seems probable, if people still want to shorten, I'll support it regardless of what I think about their alignments.

PPE: Jim: I targeted Dariush because I thought he was scummy and wanted to learn more about him. And thank you for deciding not to waste your time at the same time you've decided to waste the weekend...
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 25, 2011, 06:14:56 pm »

You didn't claim properly, then I told you to claim, then you didn't claim again, then you eventually woke up and added another part to your falseclaim (I'd like to point out that the reasoning you provided for your night one inspection completely invalidates your reasoning for the night 2 inspection).

Incidentally, I think you may have forgotten that we all know you have 3 partners.  In other words, when you lynch me, there won't even be a "tonight", just a "game over".  And that you completely control the vote, so any lynch that does go through today will be on a townie.

You "will not shorten unless everyone has spoken".  So why did you... shorten before everyone had spoken?  It was blatantly obvious that noone had made up their mind, and that half of the players haven't even posted since my return.  And yet, even though they'd said nothing at all about it, they'd be fine with having me lynched?  There's no chance of anyone changing their mind, huh?

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 25, 2011, 06:19:52 pm »

Seriously, what the hell makes you think he's town? If both of you were town you could've been happily shooting up scum before now, but nope, neither of you actually hit anything. Some vigs you are, whichever one of you is town.

What makes you think one of them is town? I doubt they're both dopps, but I think it's entirely possible one of them is an Ext with camo, isn't it? Or do you think Pandar's killing of Janus, or Leafsnail's killing of Jokerman is soooooo townlike to eliminate that possibility?

PPE: Leaf: yeah, because one always uses the same reasoning for all one's actions, yes? Bullshit. Changing circumstances demand a flexible strategy, and you know far less D1 than you know D2. As to the other point, I hadn't noticed Native hadn't voted, I thought Arg's was the last missing person to chime in, but I was wrong, so I withdrew it.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 25, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

PPE: Jim: I targeted Dariush because I thought he was scummy and wanted to learn more about him.

Ooh, blanket scummy statement. Very convincing.

And do you think I want to spend my whole weekend arguing with you?

No.

So shut up about it.

You're scum anyway. I've made my points; I'm right, you're full of shit. See? Nothing to argue about.

Seriously, what the hell makes you think he's town? If both of you were town you could've been happily shooting up scum before now, but nope, neither of you actually hit anything. Some vigs you are, whichever one of you is town.

What makes you think one of them is town? I doubt they're both dopps, but I think it's entirely possible one of them is an Ext with camo, isn't it? Or do you think Pandar's killing of Janus, or Leafsnail's killing of Jokerman is soooooo townlike to eliminate that possibility?

The thought had crossed my mind.

But it's still the only way the town can win. If Leafsnail's a town vigilante or an Exterminator, keeping him alive for crossfire is the only chance the town can win.

The only way Pandarsenic's lynch would go through is if he were town.  Again, the best thing that could result from voting him is a no lynch, if he actually is a dopp vig, in which case it's game over anyway.  If he's a town vig, then... it's also game over because the scum would let us mislynch him.  There's no situation where trying to lynch Pandarsenic would help anything for the town.  For this reason, I will treat him as town in my reasoning.  If he isn't town, then, well, thinking like that didn't make the game any more lost than it already was.

Now, let me make this clear.  This no lynch idea is not passive.  It's the only chance we have of winning.

Heaven help me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

You're making a critically stupid assumption here, that Pandarsenic is town, because if he's scum there's nothing we can do about it.

Fuck that. Get rid of it, right fucking now. You're going to lose us this game because you've got your head stuck up your ass.

In case you haven't noticed, NativeForeigner hasn't voted yet. Seems like there might be a chance there, don't you think?

Dariush, what the hell are you doing voting Mr.Person?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »

It's nothing to do with "whether everyone had voted".  Some people had voted, but only before anything had actually happened in the day.  It was blatantly, blatantly obvious that at least Pandarsenic, Mr.Person and Dariush would want to reconsider their vote.

And yeah, ext with camo!  Wooh!  Let's play up that possibility!  I'm sure that lynching an Exterminator who's had some sort of brain aneurysm and picked that tech will be a huge comfort before the "game over" text that will immediately follow it due to the four doppelgangers currently alive.

And if Pandarsenic is a doppelganger, WE CANNOT LYNCH HIM BECAUSE THERE ARE FOUR DOPPELGANGERS AND HE'D BE A WIN BUTTON.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 25, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »

And do you think I want to spend my whole weekend arguing with you? No. So shut up about it.
You're scum anyway. I've made my points; I'm right, you're full of shit. See? Nothing to argue about.

Whatever, have a fun weekend.

Heaven help me, I'm surrounded by idiots.
I'll have you know, sir, that if anyone here is surrounded by idiots, it's you!

So there!   8-P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 25, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »

Sure.

If I hadn't already spent the better part of the day arguing with you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 25, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »

If I hadn't already spent the better part of the day arguing with you.

You say that like it was a bad thing...

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »

NativeForeigner's 100% scum, because night 1 ended pretty quickly, in less than 48 hours.  I don't think Mephansteras would end the night early unless he's got actions from everyone.  NativeForeigner was probably performing a different action.

Uh, you ARE aware that assigning the tracking devices is a day action, right? I effectively have no night action other than gathering the results. So your arguement makes zero sense. Please try harder next time.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:23 pm »

How about who you suspect.

And who you're going to vote.

That would be nice.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2011, 07:42:22 pm »

I've already realised and corrected my mistake.  Now please get onto the matter of hand.

Namely, if you're scum, please start voting me along with your buddies.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2011, 07:45:07 pm »

I've already realised and corrected my mistake.  Now please get onto the matter of hand.

Namely, if you're scum, please start voting me along with your buddies.

Yes, yes. I was at Best Buys and playing with a tablet when I made that post. So that means I only really read that one post.

However, now that I've caught up... Leafsnail. You're a danger to town, a no lynch helps nobody.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 25, 2011, 07:46:45 pm »

Ok, so, you're also scum.  Good to know.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »

Ok, so, you're also scum.  Good to know.

Yup, totally scum. Just like every other time I play with you. Oh, wait...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 25, 2011, 07:49:31 pm »

Wow.  So... you STILL have a grudge from me beating you at Supernatural 3, and you're gonna use that as your excuse to ruin another game?

Great.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40