Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plump helmet man? Giant olm? Cave swallow?  (Read 2460 times)

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmet man? Giant olm? Cave swallow?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 01:20:55 pm »

Okay, screw this, LEROOOOY JENKINZ

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 01:36:28 pm »

Boy, I'm certainly glad that hasn't gotten old.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »

Certainly not.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »

Well I got a idea , wall the entrances of your fortress.... time to go underground with the survivors , underground you can get both trees , food and plants , oh wait nvm , just wall off the entrance to underground before the clown reach you , they can't go throught a floor or a wall -.- ffs , make sure they are in a cavern when they exit , they can fly o.o. And do NOT ever open that wall , you can't beat hell -.-
Desu

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:34:30 pm »

I've heard about camels pathing through your fort, through the caverns, up the other side, and to the other edge of the map, because there's a river on the map and your fort is the only way to get to the other side.

That's when you construct a floor over the river to let people across and build cage traps on top of it :)

(I'd call that a "bridge" but that only gets confusing, because you can't build anything on a proper bridge or road, you have to construct a plain old floor... that acts as a bridge.)
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

you can't beat hell -.-

A number of people on the forums have made threads about conquering hell. Its actually pretty simple if you have a 100 man military in full steel/adamantine, or just an enormous hallway of repeating menacing steel spikes. Demons are immune to traps, but not to upright spikes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 04:47:16 pm »

You can certainly defend against hell.  You can snake a path with hundreds of adamantine spikes on a repeater, slaughtering anything that attempts to get in.  You can take the fight down with enough trained military, and if you're good you can wall it off.  You can build walls on the edge of the map, preventing any demons from spawning there, there issue is getting your workers down there, keeping them alive, and keeping them from running away.  It can be done, but every meter of wall will be paved in the blood of soldier, mason, and demon alike.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 05:39:07 pm »

My last attempt to conquer the circus ended with my 50 or so legendary, adamantine clad soldiers melting from the syndromes they love to spread about.
Pages: 1 [2]