Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dual-Wield Shield  (Read 1344 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual-Wield Shield
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 04:10:05 pm »

In Adventure Mode, the only limit to the number of objects you can carry and use in your hands is your imagination. Dare to dream! I don't see why this should be different in Fort Mode.

That said, does carrying multiple shields increase blocking ability? I've heard conflicting things.

I remember it used to in adventure mode, alot of people used to do it. If you got a billion shields you'd lie down in the middle of  fight and watch you shield skill rocket.

You can only use one weapon at a time though. Five thousand shields? Choose one to shield bash with. Two hundred flails? Pick your favourite.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual-Wield Shield
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »

In Adventure Mode, the only limit to the number of objects you can carry and use in your hands is your imagination. Dare to dream! I don't see why this should be different in Fort Mode.

That said, does carrying multiple shields increase blocking ability? I've heard conflicting things.

I remember it used to in adventure mode, alot of people used to do it. If you got a billion shields you'd lie down in the middle of  fight and watch you shield skill rocket.

You can only use one weapon at a time though. Five thousand shields? Choose one to shield bash with. Two hundred flails? Pick your favourite.

Yeah, the only advantage I see in having multiple weapons out is that you don't have to take the time to switch them. Maybe opportunity attacks or parries are affected, but I don't exploit this feature enough to notice much difference.

I still hear people saying they load up on eight shields, but I also hear people say it doesn't affect blocking chance. I've also heard effectiveness has shifted from shields to armor, but I don't know since my dodge skill tends to be much higher than shield skill anyway (dodging seems to train Armor User too, so if an attack isn't dodged, it seems to be deflected by armor).
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.
Pages: 1 [2]