Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still no mayor?  (Read 574 times)

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
Still no mayor?
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:25:22 am »

According to the wiki, when your population goes above 50, the Expedition Leader turns into a Mayor. My current population is 73 dwarves, yet he still an Expedition Leader.

I have yet to receive a baron or any noble at all, in fact. I have a created wealth of 677K, Exported 15K and Imported 75K.

Someone care enough to help?
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Still no mayor?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 09:29:17 am »

Have you let some time pass?  If you did this very quickly, it may be delayed a bit.

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:34:03 am »

I think I saw on the wiki that when you have 20k exported, the liason will approach you about becoming a barony.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:34:10 am »

Mayors don't get elected until halfway through Hematite, the first month of summer.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:53 pm »

And you won't get offered a barony until 1) you have met the wealth and population conditions, and 2) done the following:

When the caravan comes in the autumn, you must find someway to forestall talking to the liaison (AT ALL) until after EVERY part of the caravan has left the map.  Lock your official away or something.  Don't even let the liaison greet you.  THEN, once all of the caravan has left, THEN you can talk to him and you'll be offered the barony.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Peaceful Slugman

• Bay Watcher
  • dont axe me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:31:09 am »

While that is the safe thing to do, today I was offered the barony by surprise, and the caravan was still traveling to the depot. I got a dwarf to be a baron without a hitch.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 12:47:16 am »

And you won't get offered a barony until 1) you have met the wealth and population conditions, and 2) done the following:

When the caravan comes in the autumn, you must find someway to forestall talking to the liaison (AT ALL) until after EVERY part of the caravan has left the map.  Lock your official away or something.  Don't even let the liaison greet you.  THEN, once all of the caravan has left, THEN you can talk to him and you'll be offered the barony.

I think that's been fixed in 0.31.18; I had it work normally.  Of course, nobody else shows up still but at least the workaround doesn't appear to be necessary anymore.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.