Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My companion just regrew her thumb...Nevermind  (Read 906 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My companion just regrew her thumb...Nevermind
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:29 am »

Edit: Just so you know if you don't read a few posts down, it actually seems to be just not showing up in her wounds screen anymore even though it did appear in there after the kobold ambush.  Still shows she lost her thumb under descriptions though.

Alright, I haven't played in quite a while and searched around with no luck with finding anything about it, so I wanted to see what you guys think about this.  I also already reported it under Mantis if it actually is a bug and it was under 0.31.18.

I was just returning from killing a bandit for a quest with my two living human companions and my dead companion in my backpack when I get into a fight with some kobolds that ended up with my meat shield, Ithra Radithad, getting her left hand's thumb cut off.  So I decided to pick it up and bring it back with the dead human just for the heck of returning them back to the town after fast traviling back there.  After I made it back, I rechecked their wounds to see if they healed completely and see that Ithra had grew her thumb back since I don't see grey text for her missing thumb.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wondering if somehow the thumb in my backpack regrew onto her hand, I double checked to find that it still is actually in the backpack.  I don't know if Ithra is the one human to discover the ability to regrow limbs or if its just hidden because it was only a thumb, but it still just confuses me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:48:22 am by Luckk »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: My companion just regrew her thumb...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:28:42 am »

check to see if she's actually wolverine.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 06:00:54 am »

u should check her discription for the purple thumb text...if its not there then you got some oddness.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My companion just regrew her thumb...Nevermind
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:18:59 am »

Just checked and it does look like it actually recorded her thumb being removed.  I still don't get why the wounds screen shows nothing, but ah well, my mistake I guess.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »

Aw, I hoped she was a time lord...

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »

Pirates!, Mount&Blade, Plants vs Zombies, Maple Story, Galactic Civilisations? I really like your choice of games  :D
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 02:15:58 am »

Yeah I've seen the same happen with teeth. Minor parts seem to regrow.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:54 am »

??? A thumb a minor part?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 02:39:15 am »

There are actually recorded cases in RL of humans re-growing lost thumbs. Not many though.