Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CANDY!!!!!  (Read 1488 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CANDY!!!!!
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:31:06 am »

i have explored pretty much all of the caverns (except a few spots here and there and the semi molten rock)  where the hell is my candy!

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
Re: CANDY!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:32:27 am »

In the magma, send your dwarf with the highest observation skill down.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:45:40 am »

If your embark is smaller than 4x4 there is a chance of having no candy on it. Just run dfhack's dfprospector so you know if you're wasting your time.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:13:48 am »

Every 2x2 square has at least 1 vein on it so any embark equal to or larger than 3x3 is garunteed at least 1 vein.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:58:39 am »

It's usually ends in your 3d cavern or between the 3d cavern and the magma sea, so you'll have to dig deeper (at least, in my forts they tend to be that deep)

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 09:06:35 am »

I had one map where there were 2, just 2, layers of candy before the circus. And this was 94 layers down. *sigh*
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »

im on a decent sized map 4X4  i think and im close to the magma sea and have explored all three caverns

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »

Have you explored the magma sea?

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »

They're in the magma sea, not the caverns.  The caverns are the first 3 levels of underground area.  The 4th level is possible magma vents and the 5th and final level is the magma sea.  Only when you get that far down does one normally find adamantine.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:14:39 am »

I have actually found adamantium in my 3rd level caverns. Is this normal, since I have found it in both of my fortresses that have dug that deep?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:23 am »

No.  Adamantine higher than the magma sea is quite uncommon.  Adamantine any higher up is so rare that it's considered to probably be a bug when it does happen.  Surface deposits have been reported.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:16:06 am »

It's actually not uncommon to find adamantine poking up 1-2 levels in the 3rd cavern. I guess it has something to do with regional magma average.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 10:27:55 am »

As a follow-up question, is it in any way possible (or, more importantly, feasible) to get those blue veins that line the walls of the magma sea?  As in, the ones holding back the countless 7/7's of fiery death?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 12:58:25 pm »

You could cast obsidian around them.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »

No.  Adamantine higher than the magma sea is quite uncommon.  Adamantine any higher up is so rare that it's considered to probably be a bug when it does happen.  Surface deposits have been reported.
Actually, in my cavern openness vs cavern passage density experiment, I noticed that candy veins breaching the third cavern to be about as common as magma tubes and giant pits. While it's not common, it's definitely not rare for a breach into the third cavern. Anything higher than that, though, is.
Pages: [1] 2