Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game  (Read 7532 times)

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2011, 02:27:28 am »

Ah, those traps I set up as I figured every possible entry route into the fortress needed some cage traps covering it before the close off points (and also afterwards if possible) as it'd provide snatcher catching capability. Although I didn't deploy as much as I would have liked due to resource shortages.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:22 pm »

16 Timber
Sweet we have another couple, Tolka and our chief medical dwarf.

21 Timber
We've got yet another guest...

Made of puke? I'll bet that thing reeks!
It's name is Avi Smallbad the Unholy Fins, and fittingly it's come in swimming through the first cavern. Umm I hope this thing can't destroy floodgates, and I'm walling off those two caverns I breached earlier this year.

28 Moonstone
I started a new bedroom plan, this way everyone is going to have their own rooms, I figure since we have so few citizens it won't take very long.

9 Opal
Oh god the forgotten beast can destroy floodgates, he's entered our well area, except I think it's ok because I think I walled off the only way into our fort from the well area.

Shit never mind the staircase blended in with all the rocks around, I'm going to have to send in the troops. *gulps*

Ahhhh Fath decides to go to sleep, I swear he wasn't sleeping when I gave the orders.

Alright let's see the first move of battle

Plissken is punching this thing made of vomit? What a trooper, I don't know how he managed to fracture vomit either.
Next he cuts off one of the thing's tails. This thing's wimpier than the last one, look at this.

He's fallen over and is gravely wounded.

And for the final blow Plissken cuts him clean in half!

Exciting stuff, once again the fort celebrates, and Fath finally wakes up  ::)

25 Opal
Most of the bedrooms are finished by now, just putting the finishing touches on the rest.

I've also stopped farming, as no one usually harvests the crops anyway.

1 Obsidian
A giant eagle flew through our entrance today but our stone fall traps pelted it with rocks and flew away pretty fast.

7 Obsidian
An ambush? These goblins must have some kind of pain fetish. For some reason a cat was way over at the edge of the map, I hope his owner doesn't take it too hard.

I'm gonna send the military.
Plissken is out first as always, he completely massacres two of the three invaders before Fath catches up. And even though they were both together Plissken runs at the last goblin first and kills him before Fath even starts to move towards them. Fun ambush.

12 Obsidian
Another ambush, this one has an unarmed goblin recruit, I feel kind of bad for him.
Whoah more waves, there's a whole page of invaders now, it's starting to look like a serious ambush now, or at least it would if the goblins weren't killing each other.

Alright traps work your magic

Well it has them all on the run. Or should I say crawl? Those traps have them all in horrible shape.

1 Granite
Spring has arrived! Rejuvenation, rebirth, everything's blooming, all that crap!
As empowering as it is to be the overseer, I think I oughta switch out jobs with someone else, I don't want any mutiny or anything. So ends my reign, the bedrooms are just about completely engraved, all loose ends seemed to have been tied up. So I guess uh... so long journal!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:26 am »

That'd be Asahver.

I'm glad we managed to get ourselves outfitted quickly enough to bunker down. Most forts playing it safe is bawwwwwring but this one we're actually fighting for the survival of our race, and just a wayward armed goblin rampaging through a fort can easily maim a dozen dwarves before you get everything under control.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Ahasver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »

Alrighty. This final week before spring break is looking a bit hairy, but I should be able to sneak a few updates in before the weekend. This sounds like the most exciting fort that I've taken the reigns of so far, but I'm excited.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2011, 07:50:09 pm »

Hey I just thought of something, what's with the lack of strange moods?
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:08 pm »

Very good question, I didn't get any during my time. Is there a minimum pop requirement for artifact making?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2011, 11:11:06 am »

It might be 20, which means we need to hurry up and spit out 4 kids if we want artifacts.

So many goblins, so much death. I haven't had this much goblin death since I embarked on a strange map with a masterwork sword. :)
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2011, 04:50:50 pm »

THOSE. FUCKING. ELVES.

Yeah that's right, in two years the elves single-handedly took down our entire nation. None of our forts had been destroyed before this.  :'(
Ahasver, you know what to do. As for me, it's time to do a little... adventuring.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

If any elves show up during my turn they're not making it home.

thisisanoutrage.jpg
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2011, 11:36:33 pm »

Oh my....did I forget to include that? O.o I guess everyone assumed by 'sieges' I meant 'goblin sieges'

Can our mighty fortress of 16 finish what our ancestors could not accomplish? Will plissken ever find a recruit worthy of fighting alongside him? (her?) Will Tolka's dream of being buried in magma ever not become true?

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2011, 11:48:29 pm »

Death to the elves! May I suggest trapping their traders in the depot area and flooding them out? Or perhaps instead having a series of giant wooden spikes that are on repeat that they have to walk through (making nature a part of them, so to say).

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2011, 10:26:55 am »

Death to the elves! May I suggest trapping their traders in the depot area and flooding them out? Or perhaps instead having a series of giant wooden spikes that are on repeat that they have to walk through (making nature a part of them, so to say).

Cave in traps made of soap. :D
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:55 am »

I propose that we give a week for forumites to show up for their turn before skipping, lest we fall victim to the RP-destroying "shrug of god."
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2011, 11:04:43 am »

I see no reason why not. Has Ahasver started the save? I would say his week starts now if anyone insists on it, but if there are no complaints he can have more time.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2011, 12:15:56 pm »

I see no reason why not. Has Ahasver started the save? I would say his week starts now if anyone insists on it, but if there are no complaints he can have more time.

Sounds good. No reason to rush.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9