Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game  (Read 7522 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

Can I get signed up for this?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's what is at the beginning, since I didn't see the marker for where their civilization is I'm assuming they died off. That mountain is where their civilization should be though, and if they are living they are incredibly small. Did I mention those 9 extra dwarfs came in two waves?

Ya sure, I'll add everyone. It's Jusman's turn now at Y4.

Edit: I've had swimming FB's that could fly and breath fire.

And the dwarven civilization is on the other end of our little island.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:36:45 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »

Thanks for the pic tolkafox.

We really are in dwarf Antarctica, except if the Antarctic were the Sahara. If we're the only dwarven civ left in the world then this game just got about twenty times more interesting than it already was.

We still received a mountainhomes caravan once right? That means somebody is out there unless that liason came home to a Boatmurdered.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »

15 Felsite
Four waves of goblins, probably nothing Plissken and Fath couldn't handle.

Wait what's going on?

It looks like someone has come to help! Four people in fact, two swordsman, a bowman and a hammerdwarf. Perhaps wandering adventurers that saw the goblins approaching our fortress and decided to help. Except... they're not doing so well. The bowman is struck down nearly instantly by a couple of goblin lashers while the hammerdwarf loses his hand as soon as the battle starts.

The swordsmen are doing well so far though, already killing a couple of goblins and-

Good grief more of them, they show up in the south next to the hammerdwarf. That makes two squads in the south, two squads southwest (currently fighting with the swordsmen) and a squad to the west with the deceased bowman. Their numbers are starting to add up, I decide to keep our soldiers inside and order the bridges to be raised.

It looks like the hammerdwarf is having trouble breathing now, I try to focus on the humans instead.

Another ambush now, more goblin bowmen have arrived to fight the two humans.

I think I'm gonna be sick, it must be this sunlight, I should get back inside and check on those bridges.

Now what the hell is happening?

Did one of the adventurers slip on a disguise? Whoever this guy is seems to be rescuing the hammerdwarf, I doubt it's going to end well though.

Well the goblin traitor has been killed, the dwarf died a slow painful death and the last human swordsman ran off out of view with two goblins in hot pursuit. I guess I'll send the military out now since no one bothered to raise any of the bridges yet.

Plissken is first out of the gate and charges at the two goblin swordsmen to the south, blocking an attack as they jump down from the hill they were on.

He's toying with the goblins while he waits for Fath to catch up, I just hope he doesn't get too cocky.
One of the gobbos slams into him, stunning him, luckily his armor is deflecting their petty copper weapons.

Phew, finally... not that I was worried or anything.  ::)

What a wuss, the goblin is running away! Now it's just one-on-one, anyone want to place a bet? Actually they seem to be pretty evenly matched, they're both parrying each others shots. The battle looks to be won when Plissken stabs his enemy in the arm until

Uh oh, you guys know I wasn't serious about that bet thing right? Here Tolka you can have your socks back.

Yes somehow the goblin got a hit on Plissken's upper body, I think he's damaged his lung. Dammit Fath what's taking so long?
The goblin tries tackling Plissken to the ground but our hero pushes him back and takes advantage of him being stunned by mangling his upper body, twice. It attempts to retreat to the north and runs right into Fath, who's finally caught up. Plissken gets the kill, and it looks like his lung has already been healed, so I send them off to round two: two goblin bowmen.

The two of them charge towards them, blocking arrows as they go when one hits Fath the in the leg. He continues forward, and Plissken runs up and roundhouses the goblin that did it.

Man he's really giving it to this guy, while the other one can do nothing but fail miserably at hitting one of them.

Finished with that one, Plissken runs up and stabs the other bowman in head, chalk up two more kills. Now finally round three: two goblin lashers.

I order them forward but Fath retreats back to the fort to rest his mangled leg. I'm hesitant to send in Plissken by himself but before I can tell him to retreat he's cut off one of the lasher's arms! It runs away crying leaving only one invader left. Plissken punches him in the lip, it turns to run away and gets his leg chopped off. FINISH HIM... or bite his leg and shake him around until he dies of blood loss, either way is good.

Finally the battle is over...

Wait what?
An ambush containing a total of one goblin has appeared right behind Plissken, killing a war dog. He runs at the thing slices it's hand off and the gobbo just runs away.

So finally the battle is ov- uh oh who's that on the horizon?

Oh it's just the elves.  :P

I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:01 pm »

*Knock knock*
*Who's there?*
*Goblin ambush*
*Goblin ambush wh-*
*-Tolka cancels knock knock joke: Interrupted by goblin lasher*

It looks like one of the goblins were impressed by plissken's awesome roundhouse skills, and decided to turn on his own.

We got a caravan from the mountainhomes? I didn't get one in Y1, and don't recall hearing about any caravans outside of the humans and tree-lovers. If there are any surviving dwarfs, they are bunking with the elves and their roast prickleberries.

That hammerdwarf wasn't ours?

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 10:29:18 pm »

Nope, he came with the goblins, maybe the goblins invaded the mountainhome, took some prisoners and killed the rest?
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »

That level of detail is fine. Looks like you came across a loyalty cascade. Basically the humans etc were kidnapped, became part of the gobbo civilisation, then when part of the raiding party get attacked by a different goblin squad, which triggers their squadmates to come on their side, and so escalates the carnage. But hey, extra plunder for us!

I've heard that when you embark with no viable dwarf civilisation (for whatever reason) that you get by default two small migration waves and that's it, forever. No further migrations, no dwarf caravans. I could be wrong of course (as the information I got second hand) but we shouldn't count on getting any further migrants.

On a side note, you may want to customise the uniforms of our two troops and if possible set them to wearing / carrying their stuff at all times (so they don't have to wander off to go grab things).

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:34 am »

So, it's 16 dwarves against the world this time. Oh won't somebody please think of the children.

I found your descriptions delightful. I'll probably overdo my narration; you're not at risk of seeming too wordy.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »

So, it's 16 dwarves against the world this time. Oh won't somebody please think of the children.
So now we just hafta find a way to make em breed! Its Dwarf farming time boys!
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 03:07:58 am »

22 Felsite
With the battle over I check the wounds of the soldiers, remarkably Plissken's broken bones healed before he even stepped back into the fortress. Fath isn't doing so well on the other hand.

:-\ I guess Plissken will have to train by himself for awhile, someone should probably tell him though...

While I wait for Sindain to get off his ass and finish his break so he can trade with the elves I give an order to make some rock slabs for the two humans who gave their lives trying to help our fort, I'll be engraving them personally. I feel it's only right to give our dwarf brother an actual burial though.

6 Hematite
Guuh, Sindain won't go to trade with the elves and no one will even bring any bins to the depot either.

9 Hematite
I think someone may be reading this journal, after that last entry everyone started hauling bins to the depot. Now let's see what they have.

They didn't have a lot of useful stuff, though I wasn't expecting much. I took some wood, alcohol, a cougar  8) and some berries, the rest of it was just shitty crafts.

17 Hematite
There's not much to report on, though Fath's leg is getting better.

19 Hematite
Sindain's just informed me that our fortress's wealth has nearly doubled already since last year.

This is sure to get the attention of... someone

1 Malachite
Well I just risked the life of our entire fort.

And won.

Since the ambush I've been craving blood, I watched Plissken kill our two goblin prisoners, but it just didn't do it for me. I tried to think of something else to kill... camels? No, although there's plenty of those. Then I heard the rumbling. Since we arrived that beast has been moving around in the caverns below, and we've all pretty much have gotten used to the sounds, but this time the sound seemed to rise from over 100 levels straight to my ears at full volume. I told Plissken about my idea, he seemed hesitant at first but since he doesn't have a training partner anymore the promise of excitement was unbearable. I station Plissken next to a wall in the cavern where I last heard the beast and ordered a miner down to breach it. Of course walking down 100 levels of steps takes awhile so when the miner and I finally reach the wall and break it open I look around and am surprised to see... no Plissken?!?

Yeah Plissken decided he had enough time for a nap before he faces the monster. So I hide behind a wall making sure the thing doesn't emerge from the caverns and begin tearing down the whole fortress. Sure enough though a few hours later and it comes out smashing down a door and starts walking up the stairs. It's just a good thing it didn't decide to go down, because to levels below were all our magma workshops, with people working in them at the time. I follow the thing up the stairs and luckily it decides it's in no rush to get to our main levels and stops off at the cavern we had breached for trees and just stands around. So finally Plissken shows up and I point him into the cavern.

Immediately I hear the beast scream out as Plissken stabs at his body, mangling it into a bloody pulp. It falls over from this one attack, and spits some kind of frozen extract, blocked expertly by Plissken. Plissken spent the next 30 minutes slashing at it, cutting a wing off in the process, and finally finished it off with a stab to the brain. That thing was so big I think it's satiated my thirst for blood for awhile, at least until the next goblin siege.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 08:13:24 am »

You think a broken foot is an excuse for missing shield training, Fath? A shield was all that stood between us and oblivion! Walk it off!
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:36 pm »

2 Malachite

I really hope Fath gets better soon, Plissken's starting to act weird, yesterday I saw him whispering something into the pommel of his sword.

4 Malachite
The fortress went wild over the death of Os, everyone sang drinking songs in Plissken's honour and he's even been giving a nickname by some.

...I don't really get it though so I just call him by his name.

15 Malachite
More weirdness from Plissken.

I told him that no one was going to come teach him about combat and to snap out of it, but the way he looked at me was really creepy so I'll just leave him alone.

21 Malachite
I think I know why Plissken's been acting so weird lately, you see I might have forgotten to give his dog a burial...

In other news Plissken is a woman.

25 Malachite
We have two new animals of war.

Once we got that cougar I finally got around to editing the raws taming the giant eagle we had caged up. I just recently had them both trained for battle.

28 Malachite
I just found out one of our dwarves got himself stuck when he replaced the wall of a cavern while standing on the wrong side. Luckily I found him before he suffered anything more than a mild hunger and thirst.

15 Galena

I see a human caravan in the distance, though I really can't think of much that we need, unless they're selling slaves.

18 Galena

Well it looks like Fath is finally better, I was thinking that there might be something between him and Plissken since they spend so much time together, but I did some snooping around and it turns out that Fath doesn't even know Plissken's name!

24 Galena
I built some more cage traps.

26 Galena
We finally traded with the humans, they didn't have anything we really needed, but we bought their food. You wouldn't believe how much jellyfish they had, where do they catch jellyfish out here? How far away do these people live?

15 Limestone
Nothing of importance to note other than that I'm working on a little project.

25 Sandstone
Finally it's complete!

It's barely legible but it's good enough a tomb for me.  :D
Note that the walls are all made of orthoclase, however my coffin and statues were crafted from solid gold.

Now that this is done adamantine production will resume as normal.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »

That's it. We're alone. Rush rocks and we're all alone in this cruel world.

At least I have a fancy title.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2011, 12:22:37 am »

If any leader can have pity on a crazy old dwarf, I request that my coffin be placed in a room -100 Z levels underground and submerged in lava.
After I'm buried in it, of course.
After I die to be buried in it, of course.
             ^ Of naturalish causes

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 12:52:28 am »

1 Timber
Must breed dwarves...

Successssss

Now let's take a moment to worship everyone's favourite deity, Dan!

Harumph, just while things were going well.

Seven goblins in total, these ones don't wait around like the others and charge for the fort immediately. Since everyone was just standing around doing nothing the bridges got pulled quickly. Let's see how the goblins fare against our traps. Well first they stop to beat the hell out of some of our chained up dogs.

Well the three goblins coming from the west got captured by cage traps I didn't even know existed.

While the four in the east see this and suddenly turn around and run away... that was... pretty pathetic. It's a good thing they did leave though because after they left I realized that I forgot to activate burrows so some dwarves went out to collect the cages.

15 Timber
Well I guess back to lounging about in the garden, I hope to have one kid out before the year's up. Children are this fort's only hope...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9