Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do Dwarves Ride?  (Read 5705 times)

Masterspartacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Dwarves Ride?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:53:38 pm »

This got derailed fast.
This thread is now about the most dorfy Awesome mounts you can think of.
Somehow this thread went from making dwarves rip their bones straight from their bodies to the calming blood mist generated by dozens of babies hitting the ground at once.

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

...Like, horses or elephants or anything? I know that siegers sometimes do, but do dwarves?

Dwarves don't even ride other dwarves.
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »

War Chuck Norris.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:41 pm »

...Like, horses or elephants or anything? I know that siegers sometimes do, but do dwarves?

Dwarves don't even ride other dwarves.
Indubitably, as dwarves reproduce via spores.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »

War T-Rex.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Masterspartacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »

War T-Rex.

...there is a sauropod type in the raws... T-rex not much more of a stretch?
Somehow this thread went from making dwarves rip their bones straight from their bodies to the calming blood mist generated by dozens of babies hitting the ground at once.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 12:52:46 am »

Combat Report: The <weapon>sdwarf vomits.
The spinning vomit hits the Speargoblin in the head, shattering the bone and tearing apart the brain through his <<iron helmet>>.
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
Bad luck. Falling items dont damage things.

Offtopic: Years ago I played a contra-like game. In that game, the first boss stand on top of a wall and simply tried to drown the player with his vomit. Both me and my mate couldnt figure out how to shoot up. We failed to ever hit him and despite our best efforts, half the screen eventually went green and our jumps weren't enough for us catch breath and we lost. Ragequitted and scarred for life.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 01:01:54 am »

I had an odd thought sort of along these lines but more of a vehicle.  Really though, if there are rideable animals then I would expect vehicles wouldn't be too far of a stretch afterwards.

My idea was admittedly a demented version of the screwpump with additional oscillating serrated discs on the side moved by pedal power and fueled by a tank of booze on the back.

Materials needed for construction, one corkscrew, a throne, two mechanisms, a barrel, a pipe, and a mess of discs.  The barrel to hold the booze.

Definitely not an animal, but it'd be fun.

On animals, war giant olms.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 06:19:15 am »

Disappointed no one has posted this yet!

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 07:10:28 am »

I had an odd thought sort of along these lines but more of a vehicle.  Really though, if there are rideable animals then I would expect vehicles wouldn't be too far of a stretch afterwards.

My idea was admittedly a demented version of the screwpump with additional oscillating serrated discs on the side moved by pedal power and fueled by a tank of booze on the back.

Materials needed for construction, one corkscrew, a throne, two mechanisms, a barrel, a pipe, and a mess of discs.  The barrel to hold the booze.

Sounds like some kind of drilling machine...holy eff, that would make mining AWESOME. Just build two of those and you'll never need anymore miners...

Better yet, make that same machine, but with iron plating (new item?), stick axes on the front...now it's a lumber machine! Or a dwarven goblin-kill-o-matic, depending on when you deploy it.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 07:59:50 am »

I rapidly since the approach of dwarven steam engineering.  Tanks, here we come!  As soon as mounts and multi-square (wagon-esque) creatures come out...

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 08:06:38 am »

War babys.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:49 pm »

Sounds like some kind of drilling machine...holy eff, that would make mining AWESOME. Just build two of those and you'll never need anymore miners...

Better yet, make that same machine, but with iron plating (new item?), stick axes on the front...now it's a lumber machine! Or a dwarven goblin-kill-o-matic, depending on when you deploy it.

I was thinking along the lines of high speed but very poor turning radius somehow.  Giving the goblinite a chance to not be harvested by the insane booze fueled dwarf peddling madly.

That and having the speed (and potential lethality) drop dramatically when the booze ran out.

War babys?.  Well it's already been shown the little suckers are dangerous.  Out of the womb and able to punch hard enough to bruise a lung.

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

Combat Report:

Goblin 1 swings his <iron dagger> at Urist McRider!
Urist McMount gets in the way! Urist McMount Has his beard cut off!
Urist McMount has committed suicide!
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 03:03:27 pm »

Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4