Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: You see an elf child...  (Read 11080 times)

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You see an elf child...
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2011, 11:39:09 pm »

I just checked. You can't even select a creature in the menu. Aw.

RAGEFIT

I just thought, though

What about a sword made from a sword

It stays a sword, but the quality modifier can change, either better or worse. I just turned some jewelry or something from a shop into a Rose Gold Short Sword as part of this experiment, by the way. It seems like you can't change sand into anything either.

I turned a shale rock into a shale coffer and a mule leather backpack into a mule leather bag, so maybe, just maybe, it might still be possible to make bags out of elves.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »

Oh I know! Recruit her and then abandon her in the middle of wildness at night.... Hehehe BoogeyMen and wild animals
Desu

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »

You should post this mod in the modding section.

IT IS CREDIT TO TEAM

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:55 am »

IT IS CREDIT TO TEAM

I could, but I don't think this is anything special to modding vets. There are two mods I know of which sound much better: The Wandering Tinker and Wanderer's Friend. Some of the major mods might do something similar too.

I'm a simple person with simple dreams. All I really wanted were elf skin bags.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:52 am »

IT IS CREDIT TO TEAM

I could, but I don't think this is anything special to modding vets. There are two mods I know of which sound much better: The Wandering Tinker and Wanderer's Friend. Some of the major mods might do something similar too.

I'm a simple person with simple dreams. All I really wanted were elf skin bags.

I just ran around attempting to slaughter a town with a sword made of a heart, and one made of leather

I am so happy.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2011, 12:33:23 am »

I want to see weapons with body parts inside of them.
I want a BFS with an eye inside it, so I can call myself Nightmare.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2011, 02:00:57 am »

A little elven girl who doesn't fear a cut up, vomit/blood-covered goblin swordswoman who likes to brag about her achievements?

Obviously this child is destined for greatness, and as such will be taken on piggyback rides to various locales and take part in the slaughter therein. I'll try to get her a decent weapon too, I know that flower took the head off that one maceman, but that had to be a fluke, right?

Alternatively I gut her by accident. Don't look at me like that, it's happened before. Wanted to slip under a drunk who was blocking a doorway once, but I ended up chopping his arm off instead. In my defense, chopping arms off is sort of like trying to crawl beneath them.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2011, 02:36:15 am »

Alternatively I gut her by accident. Don't look at me like that, it's happened before. Wanted to slip under a drunk who was blocking a doorway once, but I ended up chopping his arm off instead. In my defense, chopping arms off is sort of like trying to crawl beneath them.

You know that by removing [LOCAL_BANDITRY] from the Goblin raws you could avoid accidents like that? You should probably do that. Like, now.

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2011, 03:46:58 am »

I've done so. It's good to know that I will never accidentally murder people anymore.

Unless I forget that they're not trying to kill me. I've forgotten that there was a copper spear embedded in my arm once, so it's possible, maybe.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2011, 04:13:43 am »

Flee from her and 'S'neak away. If the elves let me within a mile of one of their soft-minded little children, they want me there for whatever reason, and that reason would more than likely be to shoot me from behind with a neurotoxin-covered arrowhead.

They also don't really like that child, putting her in harm's way like that. Probably a little heretic that plays with the human kids.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:23 pm »

If the other elves think she's evil, does that not make her our BEST FRIEND FOREVER? And thus she shall be renamed Jill.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:42 pm »

Hm....
Did anyone mention that to take the flower you have to rip it from her grasp?
So there is no peaceful way.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

Hm....
Did anyone mention that to take the flower you have to rip it from her grasp?
So there is no peaceful way.

You could politely rip it from her grasp.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »

I'd say hello and go on my way. Unnecessary violence is pointless, and this young lass could have a promising life in front of her. I have no right to take it away.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:49 pm »

I'd say hello and go on my way. Unnecessary violence is pointless, and this young lass could have a promising life in front of her. I have no right to take it away.
That is the funniest joke I have ever heard.
Only a true dwarf could come up with something as outrageously hilarious as this.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8