The Mongols
- 0 (0%)
The Papal States (Oh god, don't do it.)
- 9 (64.3%)
Spain
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Medieval II: Total War LP  (Read 34188 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval II: Total War LP
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2011, 03:31:11 pm »

I've got a general that's 34 and has spent most of his time canped on Crete, he'll be carted off to Italy soon to pursue the Milan campaign. Also, the Byzantines managed to capture a crappy village on the Adriatic via some tank Generals bodyguards. Fortunately, my nearest settlement is my castle from which I'm recruiting my new, more powerful army. Time for a christening in battle.

EDIT: Forgot to add my plan for dealing with them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:36:51 pm by Zrk2 »
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2011, 03:50:39 pm »

I want to be some random dude that goes an kills shit, like a general, a good general!
I wann be the woman priest
fien inasinty you can be the wman priest, just call her Inse Blane.
nice name bro
thanks
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval II: Total War LP - Now With 100% More Treachery!!!
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2011, 05:40:52 pm »

***Update***

The Byzantines have learned how to fight. They have turned the tables and rallied a full stack army besieging my castle. Shit. I'll send the troops from Zagreb to help break it. I have three family members there to train up. When this battle begins I shall be sure to provide a good story for it.

The Hungarians besieged said city. Three units of dismounted feudal knights laid the siege. Seven units of spear militia and a chivalrous general sallied forth to break them. About 50 casualties later they were routed and almost half were captured. They were ransomed as a sign of my desire for peace and my explorer-diplomat is headed to Budapest to offer a cease-fire.

Now for the treachery I promised you.

Spoiler: The Siege of Genoa (click to show/hide)

Now there's a full stack army running about northern Italy. It can probably take whichever city it wants. Venice will have to wait to updgrade, all my cities are going to go into a fervour of troop building. Motherf*cking captains. All my good not completely shitty generals are in the east.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2011, 06:55:06 pm »

***Update Again (The Siege of Riggoto [Or something like that])***

Barbus and his father Selvio sat side by side upon their horses side by side. Antonio (from Irkalion) rode up. 'Are you ready for this battle?' he asked contemptuously.

'Yes, these fools can't fight! I've heard stories of your defence of Irkalion!' Barbus said eagerly.

'Well, this time they brought bastilla. We shall have to do something differently this time.'

'They're sending the bastilla forward!' yelled a spearman (Armoured Sergeants).

'Knights! With me!' The clamour of their agreement was deafening. 'You two as well, I guess.'

The gate clanked and rattled their way up and the knights charged forth. The bastilla fired once and then the operators were butchered.

Soon mounted archers (I forget they exact title, V something I think) came forward and harassed them. They charged after them, but the lighter archers stayed ahead of them. 'Get those archers!' yelled Antonio. The archers were summarily butchered and routed. The knights then wheeled and repeated the butchery for various other knots of resistance. They all blurred together in the mind of Barbus, charge, smash, hack kill, chase, repeat. Over and over again. Once he went against a man in plate armour, but he fell to a blow from behind.

'The general is dead!' yelled a Greek man with a large beard. Then Barbus stabbed him in the face.

A ram was moved to the gates. It began to batter, but the expert soldiers behind it were not cowed, at least not that they would admit. The gate was smashed open and the spearmen charged through at the Byzantines, driven on by a few knights. They promptly routed the militia who were already cowed by the thrashing the knights had given their support. They broke and ran.

A siege tower was being pushed towards the wall, but the routing militia took the men pushing them with them.

The route was complete. Soon every last Byzantine was running for his life. Over 300 prisoners were taken. Barbus took a savage joy in maiming the fleeing men, to better capture them. He claimed over 10 by himself.

They were ransomed because Venice was almost broke again. 'I would rather butcher the worthless dogs, but the higher ups say we need money. Hopefully the Byzantines are just as broke as us, then we won't have to rout them again.

With that the siege of Riggoto was broken and I am now preparing for a counter attack.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2011, 11:57:47 pm »

***The Siege (Suprise) of Genoa***

The audience chamber of Milan was cavernous. Fires flickered in the pits along the walls, casting the shadows of the pillars every which way. The pillars themselves were so large around that it took three men to wrap their arms around. They were engraved with designs of Milanese grandeur. Quite droll, at the moment. Now that we hold it, does that make them monuments to Venetian grandeur, since we crushed them? The stained glass windows cast the pictures of deceased dukes on the carpets. From Venice. Ha!

He had been summoned this morning by a personal messenger of the governor of Milan. 'Who's the best commander among the troops?' they had asked. Eventually he was pointed out. Leaving my in this crypt to a dead nation. He strode down the central isle, enjoying the view of a section of the city that didn't show signs of the sack that had ripped through it. Three days of rape, murder, arson and looting. And we're supposed to be the good guys. I think. He reached the end of the meeting hall and bowed to the Lord Governor. 'I am needed more here than babysitting a siege. My messengers say you are the best commander amongst the soldiers available to me. So, take the majority of the troops here and lay siege to Genoa.' he spoke as though he were the Duke of Venice, not a distant relation only kept here to prevent rebellion. 'Do not betray us as the last commander did, or you will die. That is not a threat, but instead it is a promise. DO not feel forced to assault, but should the chance present itself, well, the treasury could use enlivening.'

'Yes sir. Gather the troops, besiege Genoa, assault if it seems expedient.'

'Oh, we have a spy in Genoa, he shall give you what information he can about the defences. Do not fail me.' Us. Do not fail us you arrogant bastard.

'Yes sir, I shall depart within a week.'

Now he sat outside Genoa. 'Sir, the last of the ladders are ready,' said one of his assistants.

'Well, we shall begin the assault today then. Rouse the men!'

Four different troops with ladders charged towards the walls. A rams was sent towards the gate, and a second was wheeled in beside it. Just in case.

The spear militia swarmed up the ladders and began fighting a bloody battle on the walls. The many Pavise Crossbowmen he had began firing upon the walls. Damn useful bastards, them. The ram bashed away. A few minutes later the gate gave in. 'Crossbowmen, through the gate!' They rushed forward and started firing upon the defenders from inside the walls.

Battle was now joined on both sides of the gate. The Milanese militia on the left buckled first, fleeing. The crossbowmen cut them down as they ran. Soon a handful of Milanese crossbowmen made an appearance. But they were too few, and too late. Poor bastards, still better then fighting on the walls, though. We're all poor bastards, us soldiers. The crossbowmen fell back around a corner. 'Use plunging fire on the bastards! Don't be idiots!'

By now the Milanese on the right had been butchered completely. Hope my men didn't aim for their guts, horrible way to die, stomach wounds. I'd much rather a clean blow to the heart. Or no blow at all, if possible. 'Men, get down here!' The militia descended from the walls and charged around the corner, into a hail of bolts. Well, someone has to pay the butchers bill. They engaged and routed the crossbowmen.

'Rally! Form up!' he called. The men formed up and prepared to secure the central square. When they arrived the crossbowmen stood on the near edge and fought rabidly. Crazy fucks they are, surrender, and we might not kill you, it's better then the deal you get like this. When they fell some nobleman appeared with his retinue and charged the meager remnants of the army. In the melee that followed many Venetians were killed by the heavy weapons of the Milanese nobles.

Eventually the hail of bolts felled the Milanese nobleman, leaving no one to defend the city. Upon investigation he learned that the nobleman had been the Duke himself. At least he wasn't a coward. Don't know about ours. I can't remember the last time he fought, I think it was when Zagreb fell, well before my time.

And with that grim engagement Genoa is ours, and Milanese might lays in ruins. I wonder if I'll get any recognition for this, or just sent back into the ranks now that my work is done?

That's about how the battle went. This a turn after the Papacy ordered me to cease military action against Milan. Why? Aren't they too busy fighting the Sicilians? (Which, as we all know, is in direct violation of one of the first rules of warfare.) Then again, the Papacy specializes in stupid. Such as 'Let's call a crusade on a random village that requires marching or sailing through the entirety of the (very rude) Byzantine Empire. Oh, and if you don't do it, we'll get pissed off at you. Heathen!'

So, I suppose I should find out where whatever remains of Milan is, and then destroy them? Then I can turn around and campaign east!

For riches honour and glory!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 12:42:43 am »

Got FRAPS working, the OP now has a shot of all the campaign map, centred on our settlements.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 04:04:39 am »

If I may make a suggestion, putting up watch towers near your borders so you can see approaching armies is avery good idea at this stage so that you can recruit a few more units before the siege, or perhaps prevent the siege altogether.  Only generals/family members can build watch towers, but I find they are well worth the investment.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2011, 05:15:11 am »

Antioch is actuilly a damn valuable city to have and is a good Crusade target, I grab it as fast as possible everygame, it always ends up as a money powerhouse.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »

Shit, too late, I think the crusade succeeded. I have to clean up some rebels from a brief excommunication. Lost my best general and some of my best units. Now they sit outside Venice looking scary. Bastard.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »

Milan attacked Milan. Total failure, they were killed brutally, and I has screenshots now!

They tried to take the walls and totally ignored their ram.

I sortied to destroy their catapults and they managed to kill my family member. This left the field littered with corpses.

The assault on the battlements just left masses of corpses heaped on upon another.

Shit, eh? I've learned that thye hold Bern and Lyon, I think, I'm sure it was originally French, or at least it is in the modern world.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2011, 04:56:26 pm »

I just went for the crusade. Unfortunately the only army available was the one meant for Milan, so a mass of knights were shipped to the middle of nowhere. Sicily had very few troops defending Tunis and when I assaulted (due to overwhelming numbers) I learned they had both their faction leader and faction heir there. Both were executed. This left Tunis at my feet. Therefore I sacked it, per usual.

This left a family member who had been dicking around through my lands because prior to the crusade we were good friends. He was engaged by one of the old armies I had retraining in Bologna. His forces were routed completely. He escaped capture:

(Those horsemen in the middle fleeing)

But he was so scared that he has vanished into the countryside leaving Sicily without a ruler. The nation has now fallen into what I assume is constant internal war. I'll start moving armies in to crush them, I happen to have one near the coast that was intended for the Byzantines, but will now be sent over to clean up Sicily and hopefully lead to me consolidating Italy, with the exception of the Papal States. What exactly happens to a nation when all its' family members are killed?

Also, reports indicate Portugal has been destroyed.

Nothing big, but I wanted to update this so I wouldn't forget. Now what? Also those rebels I mentioned are dead.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »

Well, taking Sicily is obviously a priority. Once this is done, you should take on the Byzantine. The adriatic sea should bring good trade revenue.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2011, 02:07:18 am »

Update will be up the day after tomorrow, I've done a lot of playing, but I'm going to bed soon and I'll be away tomorrow. I moved a quality full stack army into Sicily, and all thye got to do was learn that the Papal States had taken it all. All of it. All I got was the fortress I captured in the crusade, and 281 florins the cheap ass gave me. Then various shenanigans attacked Milan (again).

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2011, 05:15:34 pm »

***Update***

Spoiler: The Defence of Milan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Siege of Zagreb (click to show/hide)

Irkalion was also attacked, but nothing happened.

I think I used the same picture twice, but you get the idea. God that took a long time to put together.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:28 pm »

Shit has now hit the fan. I think that downside I joked about earlier has come. Damn pope wouldn't let me finish killing Milan.

I just said 'damn pope' am I going to hell?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18