The Mongols
- 0 (0%)
The Papal States (Oh god, don't do it.)
- 9 (64.3%)
Spain
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Medieval II: Total War LP  (Read 34171 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval II: Total War LP
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »

***Update***

Installed.

As Venice I have captured Zagreb and some rebel village south of my castle. UNfortunately the screenshots I took didn't work, I'll look into getting FRAPS or something tomorrow. Milan was sieged but the assault failed after my ram was destroyed. Then army retreated to Venice, and I've marshaled another to siege it.

On the bright side, their faction leader lead a relieving force, and I captured him as well as some other family member, after Milan failed to pay for them I had them executed. Too bad I didn't have a character leading that army, or his dread would have gotten bolstered.

However, I am eternally short of cash, and most of my armies consist of Italian Spear Militias with a few peasant archers are mailed knight to back them up. What do I need to build to unlock those Venetian Heavy Infantry?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »

You'll need to wait until your cities advance enough, so that you can build the facilities needed to create the heavy infantry. Spear Militia will have to hold you for now.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:59 pm »

VHI come from Castles with good Barricks upgrades, they are a long way off at the start though, I recomend makeing ports in cities for trade income, and sending a diplomat to get trade rights and map info with everyone, I assume you didn't since you mentioned nothing about it.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »

Conquer west if you are playing as Venice. Taking out the Byzantines will help immensely with your money issues, because they are all already rich port cities, and IIRC conquering Constantinople unlocks some stuff building wise.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »

***Update***

I've captured Bologna after a long (6 turn) siege. The relieving army the HRE cobbled together was slaughtered my my much smaller army, and the city was sacked. The money will be used to build up a navy, and to improve my towns. Finally I will retrain my army and expand it with some Mailed Knights for the invasion of Milan.

Irkalion has been assaulted, but the Byzantine invaders were fended off, I'm leaving them to fight with my allies the Turks as I march my troops north to fight Hungary and the HRE because Hungary randomly went to war with me.

Is Thessalonica worth sending a large army to crush it? I need more money, but I think Northern Italy will be the best place to earn it.

Now I'll go try and figure out how to get working screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 11:12:46 pm »

***Update Mk2***

I'm trying to write a better update this time, I think the last one was rather lacklustre.

Spoiler: Oliviero the Corrupt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Siege of Milan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Siege of Budapest (click to show/hide)

So, success on two fronts, failure on the third. However, I now have access to some higher quality spearmen, and can recruit pavise crossbowmen from Venice. These will likely be used to strengthen the force that will attack Genoa and whatever other Milanese settlements are left. Fortunately the Pope like me more then he likes Milan, but I'm about to fail his demand that I go on a crusade to Antioch-right through the entire Byzantine Empire, which is currently trying to kill me.

I also have a priest who is secretly a woman. If anyone wants to claim a family member or agent give me an idea of your interests and I'll see if there's anyone that sounds like it.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 03:12:20 am »

but I'm about to fail his demand that I go on a crusade to Antioch-right through the entire Byzantine Empire, which is currently trying to kill me.

Urist McMayor demands 3 glass windows!
... and then it explodes!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 03:15:17 am »

I'll take a Chivalrious, Intelligent general.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:16 am »

Er, how about giving me a dreadful general? You don't actually have to change his name, just say that he's a highly-respected officer in the USEC (Whatever that is)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2011, 10:31:04 am »

I would like your most pious general. Let us prepare for the crusades, and amass an expeditionary force and secure funds for mercenary forces. Pillage and sack our enemies and destroy structures for money, while we build farmland and road improvements in our territory.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 10:33:18 am »

I would also like a dreadful general to go on crusade, for the pure enjoyment of slaughtering heretics. I advise takeing a boat on your way to the crusade, or use your new army with your lovely crusadeing units to kill byzantine cities along the way.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 11:02:10 am »

I think I have one of those kicking around northern Italy.

Er, how about giving me a dreadful general? You don't actually have to change his name, just say that he's a highly-respected officer in the USEC (Whatever that is)

The most dreadful general I have is 'more concerned with surviving than fighting fair.' Most of my family members are sitting in cities allowing me to recruit troops.

I would like your most pious general. Let us prepare for the crusades, and amass an expeditionary force and secure funds for mercenary forces. Pillage and sack our enemies and destroy structures for money, while we build farmland and road improvements in our territory.

How about a corrupt Bishop that I'll send to Thessalonica to convert it. Most of my armies end up lead by random captains. Also, I think I could pull off a small crusade if my fleet isn't vanquished on the way.

My faction leader is named COuncillor Bartolomeo, isn't there one of those in Assasins' Creed II?

How about a general that isn't dead? I have more of those than anything else. Most just sit in cities governing them. No one wants the priest that's secretly a woman?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2011, 11:05:15 am »

Why'd I get quoted twice?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2011, 11:22:04 am »

You can make one of your generals who's just sitting around a high dread general if you try. Please give me one who is atleast youngish, thus likely to survive awhile, and send him on crusade to slaughter enemies en mass. Crusadeing armies don't pay upkeep and can recruit Crusade mercenaries, damn good units in my opinion. Fill 8 army slots with crap or arrow fodder, fill the rest with crusade mercs, march.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

Most of my armies end up lead by random captains.

You do know that a having your troops commanded by a general gives them a moral bonus, even if it's just a zero-star one. (I don't know if they get any other bonuses though. Still worth it.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18