Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two questions on wrestling.  (Read 1007 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two questions on wrestling.
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

I have two questions. Both are about wrestling. The way they work seems to have been changed since last time I tried, and the wiki offers no help.

1. How do I gouge people eyes out?

2. How do I steal weapons/shields/etc. from still living combatants?

EDIT: Also, am I the only one who likes to cut people teeth out when they're unconscious?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:54:00 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions on wrestling.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »

I have two questions. Both are about wrestling. The way they work seems to have been changed since last time I tried, and the wiki offers no help.

Both of those need an empty hand.  To gouge eyes, you need to grab the person's head, then choose "gouge" from the list (near the end).  To steal items, you grab it with an empty hand, then go into your inventory with shift-I and choose the item (it should be red) to wrestle away.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »

Many people like to cut off teeth...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »

Both of those need an empty hand.  To gouge eyes, you need to grab the person's head, then choose "gouge" from the list (near the end).  To steal items, you grab it with an empty hand, then go into your inventory with shift-I and choose the item (it should be red) to wrestle away.

Gouging eyes won't work. I have nothing in either hand (except for the persons head), and I have no gouge eye option.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

Oh, and now I'm holding their weapon, but have no option to take it.

EDIT: And now I'm dead, because the wrestler I was strangling wouldn't get knocked out.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:13:07 pm by Aramco »

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 05:12:22 pm »

Doesn't look like you're holding his weapon to me. All my adventurers seem to have a copper dagger on them (and near the bottom of the list) when I start.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

Doesn't look like you're holding his weapon to me. All my adventurers seem to have a copper dagger on them (and near the bottom of the list) when I start.

I did grab his weapon, but it isn't on the list.

EDIT: And when I returned to the bandit camp to avenge my other adventurer, I was killed. In the exact same spot. By the same wrestler.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:24:25 pm by Aramco »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 05:33:38 pm »

Gouging eyes won't work. I have nothing in either hand (except for the persons head), and I have no gouge eye option.

Quote from: The image
Release grip of right upper arm on head.
right upper arm on head.
right upper arm
right upper arm

That's not your hand.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 05:49:12 pm »

Yes, I realized that just now. I thought that as long as one of your hands was open, you could. I didn't know you had to grab it with your hand.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »

It needs to be a hand to gain possession of their weapon as well.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »

Upper arms are good for strangling though

so are legs...

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »

It was my understanding that eyes are borderline invincible in this version? Like, they can be damaged and such, but outright removing one seems to be impossible for me.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 04:23:17 pm »

It was my understanding that eyes are borderline invincible in this version? Like, they can be damaged and such, but outright removing one seems to be impossible for me.

Yes, it is, but I still like gouging them.

charcharmunro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 08:17:51 pm »

They do still lose SOME vision permanently, due to scars.