Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30670 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #420 on: March 06, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »

I *think* it's that I'm on their border (A strangely shaped border), and it's a poorly-worded threat not to come any closer. (It came from my inquiry about why my mining platforms were destroyed with no warning.) We really, really can't hurt them in a straight-up fight.

For now, I'll sit tight and increase defenses. If, in three days, the fleet that hits my capitol is one of theirs instead of an AI's, I'll call them out on flattening a newbie's capitol in an unprovoked act of aggression, and win the moral victory over chat.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »

If Bay12 goes to war, we will have allies in higher places. Now, what is the name of said alliance.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2011, 08:16:00 pm »

Thank you for your show of support, it helps convince me not to quit if things go south and my capital is decimated.

I appreciate what you might do for me, but please, let me handle this one myself. I believe I can settle this through diplomacy by acting alone, and declaring war on me purely for existing here for a month would look rather bad for them. I really don't like how things would go if it's escalated, and I'd rather not find out.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2011, 08:51:21 pm »

The random planet newbie choosing script put me here.
"WRAWRWARA IT'S IN OUR BORDAR! WAR WAR WAR!"
THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 07, 2011, 05:20:13 am »

I would like an invite to the alliance. My empire's name is Datgum. I've been playing for about four days and think I will stick with it for awhile. I've got my Embassy up, plus a Level 9 University, and I'm about 12 hours from landing on my second colony. I'm in Robin's neighborhood.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 07, 2011, 10:51:36 am »

Invites sent to the two who asked. I'm less active than I have been, but I should still be around at least once a day if anyone needs invites.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 07, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »

I could use more energy if anyone has spare to dump in the stash.

What should I be doing with my other planets? I have 3 now and my second one has great resource production (including all orbit 3 foods) but doesn't really do much else. I am considering building a space port there, but since all ships are one use and I'd have to build up the supporting buildings, I am kind of leaning against it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 07, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

I would set your first two-three planets as resource giants, having really high trade min levels in order to have them supply your other planets. Your fourth should be a industrious planet with lots of extra spaceports/shipyards. Fifth can be a happyness world, with tons of luxury houses and such. Rinse and repeat. My opinion only :P Of course, every one of your planets need massive storage.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 07, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »

I would set your first two-three planets as resource giants, having really high trade min levels in order to have them supply your other planets. Your fourth should be a industrious planet with lots of extra spaceports/shipyards. Fifth can be a happyness world, with tons of luxury houses and such. Rinse and repeat. My opinion only :P Of course, every one of your planets need massive storage.

What's the use of having multiple high level trade ministries? Don't you mean embassies?

You only need level 1 for planets to send stuff from with cargo ships.

And only need a high level trade ministry on your ship building planet.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2011, 12:06:38 am »

Ah, you caught me. Wasn't thinking, however...

Trade Min lets you trade 1 extra time per level. Not that that helps pushing, but resource colonies can get some e for your stocks, as long as you have enough trades to support it.

Not only that, but you'll be forced to create cargo ships all on one planet if you stick to only one high-level trade min.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2011, 02:27:11 am »

Ah, you caught me. Wasn't thinking, however...

Trade Min lets you trade 1 extra time per level. Not that that helps pushing, but resource colonies can get some e for your stocks, as long as you have enough trades to support it.

Not only that, but you'll be forced to create cargo ships all on one planet if you stick to only one high-level trade min.

Ah yeah that might be true.
but my trade skills are too low to really be of use anyway.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:21 pm »

So I just got a mission that was supposed to give me a couple of plans, but the plans don't show up anywhere. What is up with that? Am I missing something?

I don't remember any of the specifics other than I traded a scanner for it (no big deal).

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2011, 05:26:16 pm »

Plans? Hmm. Try to build it, and check all the tabs, "Now" "Soon" and "Later". If its not there, make sure you did the mission on that planet. Or, perhaps it was a glyph you got instead?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 08, 2011, 05:57:27 pm »

Where do glpyhs go? I Archeology ministry doesn't show any. If I complete this mission, I should get all of these right?

1. Amalgus Bean Plantation (1+4) plan
   2. Beeldeban Protein Shake Factory (1+4) plan
   3. Denton Root Chip Frier (1+4) plan
   4. Lapis Pie Bakery (1+4) plan

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 08, 2011, 06:11:33 pm »

Where do glpyhs go? I Archeology ministry doesn't show any. If I complete this mission, I should get all of these right?

1. Amalgus Bean Plantation (1+4) plan
   2. Beeldeban Protein Shake Factory (1+4) plan
   3. Denton Root Chip Frier (1+4) plan
   4. Lapis Pie Bakery (1+4) plan

Check your command center.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33