Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30715 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

...Yes, so you invited him to try and apply.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2011, 01:41:04 pm »

Not precisely.

He asked to join. I told him to take it up with robin in the forum thread.

There was no invitation anywhere. Just information :P

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »

Is an isolationist that logs in for a few minutes a day of any use to the alliance? The wiki says alliances like isolationists since they can't be attacked.

No idea if I'll be playing for long, but I'm trying it out for a bit to see if it's interesting.

Apparently Isolationists are useful because they can pump out resources and give them to the alliance without having to spend any of that resources on their own defense.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2011, 07:02:58 pm »

well im fucked then :P

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2011, 07:15:42 pm »

I'm playing isolationist on us2, I plan to start the bay12 clan us2 branch as soon as I get my embassy running.
So sometime in the near future.
Saint's Landing is my empire on us2 if anyone here is on us2.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »

Alright I might actually be able to contribute back some of the energy I drained from the stash now that my energy income's almost 9k :P
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2011, 11:21:49 am »

So whats good for defense? I've got one SAW up right now but I know I'm probably gonna be needing more than just that.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:25 am »

I hope everyone that's joining up to get into the Bay12 Alliance is going through Bluerobin's referral link. The essentia he gets makes upping his University and Embassy alot easier.

Userpay: Drones. Lots of drones. Are you Isolationist? Given that you're asking about defense, I'm gonna guess not. If you're not, then dedicating a single planet in the system to SAW buildings is also a decent defensive measure I hear.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:38 pm »

Yeah the essentia's been helping a lot. My water production's almost up to where I want it, then I'm going to make sure I have enough production for another university upgrade. I still have two invites and the one I sent to Empire of Moenwor hasn't been accepted (looks like they haven't been active since the 17th, though). I need to update the alliance roster at some point, too...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:33:11 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:38 pm »

Userpay: Drones. Lots of drones. Are you Isolationist? Given that you're asking about defense, I'm gonna guess not. If you're not, then dedicating a single planet in the system to SAW buildings is also a decent defensive measure I hear.

Okay building Security Ministry pronto... So you mean system as in star or zone? I recently sent out a short ranged colony ship to another star thats next to mine.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:38 pm »

SAWs will defend all of your/your allies' planets in the same star.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »

wtf, all of the planets next to me are marked habitable i get the no go.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:59:54 pm by Stany »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2011, 03:05:08 pm »

1st colony ship finally under construction. Hopefully I can reach that size 60 world in time.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2011, 04:44:31 pm »

Sigh I think I am gonna restart... I am just in a downward spiral of loss right now...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33