Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30754 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »

Nice map! It's good to know there's a few other alliance members nearby.

I'm planning to start my third colony tomorrow or saturday. I'll probably head west, or whatever 'left' is in space  ???, depending on what my probes find over there. I'm hoping to find a nice orbit 3 planet. Every one I found so far are either inhabited or rather uninteresting (or both).

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2011, 10:26:25 pm »

We just lost contact with our probe in the Iotch Pissee system. Just before it went dark, our probe transmitted an image of an incoming ship. We've determined it was a Detonator sent by ventilado. We must assume the probe has been destroyed.

I think it's time I invest in some defense systems now.
I think you are ok. He blew up mine too, I don't think it is an act of aggression as much as a show of how he doesn't like being spied upon.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:16 pm »

There are 5 ships coming to the embassy HQ. They're supposed to get here in 2 days. I think they're from Diablotin, who I've heard are just an annoyance, but there's literally zero defense there. I can build up SAW batteries on my colony where I've got some spare conductive resources, but I don't know how strong the incoming ships are. Does anyone know what I need to be able to see what ships are coming and who's sending them?

Edit: Hmm so apparently you just need a sufficiently high-level starport, but it only works if you have it before they're incoming. It looks like they send thuds and placebos, so there's a chance that all 5 of those ships are just placebos that will scuttle themselves when they get to me. Oh and here's a link to the wiki page about the Diablotin: http://community.lacunaexpanse.com/wiki/diablotin. They're kind of cute sounding.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:03:04 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2011, 12:01:31 am »

Well, my advice would be to start producing drones en masse just to be safe. The SAWs will help, but they can only really fire once before they need to cool down. If you can, build fighters, too.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2011, 12:13:58 am »

Yeah drones are up next. Fighters are a couple four university levels away, still.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:33 pm »

I am awaiting an invite when you get a chance blue. Planet Express.

Any advice on using the SRC ship for a local star  that is MEH vs waiting a bit longer for a regular colony ship and a decent orbit 3 planet?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »

Well, using a SRC ship will take 8 hours just to go from neighboring planets, while a colony ship takes a little over one hour to go to another star.

Then again, colony ships take 30k of every resource and about 18 hours of build time.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2011, 02:29:22 pm »

I am awaiting an invite when you get a chance blue. Planet Express.

Any advice on using the SRC ship for a local star  that is MEH vs waiting a bit longer for a regular colony ship and a decent orbit 3 planet?
Withdrew the invite to an inactive House Harkonnen and sent it to you. I'm currently upgrading my university so two more invites should be going one within a day (which will, I think, go to House Jameira and Empire of Moenwor, catching me up again).

The description of how ship speed affects travel time is actually in the wiki article for Space Ports:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2011, 02:39:24 pm »

I just realized I needed to build my embassy. It will be done in a couple of hours.

I think I'll wait to colonize my second planet until I can build a real colony ship. The orbit 3 one here is pretty lame. Also, I want to make sure I have some defenses before I lose my newb status.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »

I have more than enough happiness to obtain my second colony but I don't think I'm ready to build a long-range colonizer just yet.

Edit: it appears that a single ship is headed for me in about 15 minutes. I'll keep you guys posted.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:42:35 pm by Duelmaster409 »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2011, 12:03:54 am »

Well, I am being scowed and maybe attacked in 20 mins. Its Ventilado. I dont doubt he will try and take my new colony.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2011, 12:05:34 am »

I can confirm that Ventilado is inserting spies into my main colony. I am already taking countermeasures and assigning spies to counter-espionage duties.

We need more defenses pretty soon.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2011, 12:06:02 am »

Embassy upgrading, finished in a little over 10 hours. I'll send out two invites tomorrow then I'm going to spend a day or two boosting my economy again.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2011, 07:09:09 am »

Heh, xfiles helped me out with Ventilado.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2011, 08:32:43 am »

Err... what does that even mean?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33