Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30745 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2011, 10:20:50 pm »

I found a size 60 world the next star system over on my orbit with every single resource in the game. Now I just need that 100,000 happiness.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2011, 10:21:21 pm »

I am in the game as Planet Express. When ever there is room shoot me an invite.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2011, 11:46:42 pm »

I found a size 60 world the next star system over on my orbit with every single resource in the game. Now I just need that 100,000 happiness.
What star is that???
I have this Colony Ship just sitting there, waiting to be used... ^_^ (JKing. Haven't even gotten around to getting another Colony Ship, though have 200k Happiness at Homeplanet)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:55 pm »

What star is that???
I have this Colony Ship just sitting there, waiting to be used... ^_^ (JKing. Haven't even gotten around to getting another Colony Ship, though have 200k Happiness at Homeplanet)
I'll let you know where it is when I colonize it. :P

Edit: Actually, this size 60 orbit 7 world is a carbon copy of my homeworld except size 60 instead of 40. Same water number, and all the same abundant resources.

Argon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2011, 12:57:01 am »

QUESTION:

Will the lack of trona affect my dairy farm production?

Or is the amount of trona simply a requirement for the upgrade of the building?

I have been holding back the upgrade because of the concern. =_="

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:31 am »

Upgrading uses trona, but thats it. It doesnt consume it over time. Even if you run out of trona, you will be fine, as long as you had enough when it was upgraded.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2011, 04:56:29 am »

As far as power goes, what do you guys prefer?
I was mostly using Geothermal with a waste burner thingy for power, now that i've got most of the powerplants unlocked i built a Fusion reactor, and this thing is just pumping out power like crazy.
Also, any way of spending ore, i have almost 2k of hourly income and my storage is almost always full -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2011, 05:09:27 am »

As far as power goes, what do you guys prefer?
I was mostly using Geothermal with a waste burner thingy for power, now that i've got most of the powerplants unlocked i built a Fusion reactor, and this thing is just pumping out power like crazy.
Also, any way of spending ore, i have almost 2k of hourly income and my storage is almost always full -.-
I use the hydrocarbon power plant. not only does it pump out power, it provides essential waste production for my 8 water reclamation facilities

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2011, 05:13:50 am »

Why do you need 8?
I have 3 purification plant, one low level production (because it's expensive as hell to maintain) and a reclamation facility, all this gives me some 700-ish water.And what happenes when you run out of trash, i currently using more than i am producing XD
AS - IG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2011, 05:19:45 am »

Why do you need 8?
I have 3 purification plant, one low level production (because it's expensive as hell to maintain) and a reclamation facility, all this gives me some 700-ish water.And what happenes when you run out of trash, i currently using more than i am producing XD
Even with 8 running I have positive waste production, that isn't a problem. If I upgraded them I could probably drop a few, right now they're all level 4 and I only have 329/hour water income. I don't have any other water producing buildings though.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2011, 05:20:55 am »

Your workers get mad and trash the building, and you will have to repair it for some resources. Not a huge deal.

Also, get less buildings, but level them up. You cant be building a ton of low level buildings; it is less efficient.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:51 am »

Yeah, i couldn't spam that much even if i wanted, have 2 free spaces left on my planet, sure i can clear out some stuff but it's still a very tiny planet :(
AS - IG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:50 am »

Your workers get mad and trash the building, and you will have to repair it for some resources. Not a huge deal.

Also, get less buildings, but level them up. You cant be building a ton of low level buildings; it is less efficient.
I plan to do this over time. It was quicker and cheaper to build a few new ones at first than to upgrade.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2011, 12:48:05 pm »

Okay, I finished the tutorial and got a building that needs Essentia that I don't have.

Now what?
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »

You also have a Subspace Supply Depot. It has 5 days of time on it, this time can be used to finish all construction instantly at a one-to-one trade, or traded for resources at an hour each. Try to avoid wasting time on it.

Aim to get production buildings up to level 7 or so, followed by the university to 7. You might be able to get some to level 8, depending on how many you have, which is even better, but don't break your economy by upgrading the university too high.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33