Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30720 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

I just colonized a 46 plot orbit 3 planet.

I should send some sulfer there later so I can make the different foods there and send them back to my starting planet.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2011, 02:50:51 pm »

Sending a short range colony ship to a local size 51 planet in another star system. ETA is 1 day and 12 hours; not too bad compared to the time I'd have to wait to develop terraforming technology.

This planet seems to be abundant on resources:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note the name: Eskariot Was Here. This would normally be alarming but I've recently discovered that in the nearby stars there's an empire named Eskariot. I've talked with the guy in some of the chatrooms and he seems friendly enough; he explains that he abandoned the planet because it's not max size and didn't have the resources he was looking for.

EDIT: A probe I sent recently to another nearby star revealed another Empire. This guy has just started out as far as I can tell, so I'm sending him a message letting him know I see him and possibly provide support in the future.

EDIT 2: Turns out this guy registered January 25, and last logged in January 25. I don't think I will receive a response. :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:31:04 pm by Duelmaster409 »
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:23 pm »

EDIT 2: Turns out this guy registered January 25, and last logged in January 25. I don't think I will receive a response. :(
Some people do that, they start the game, find out it's not their cup of tea, and immediately quit. Others, it seems, multiaccount and use the Subspace Supply Depot to push a high-level university for free Essentia(which I believe is against the rules). The individual I have in my system seems to be one of the latter, judging from the medals.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:16 pm »

The empire to the left is the guy who I mentioned previously. The one to the right is slightly more active, but still hasn't logged in for two days. I've acquainted myself with them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »

Any estimate on when more invites for our alliance will be going out?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »

There are 3 people who haven't accepted invites yet (SaLem Empire, The Remnants, and ChicagoLand) and I have one to send out, so that'll be going out shortly. I could withdraw the unaccepted invites and send them to active people (especially ChicagoLand since they haven't logged in since the 10th, an hour and a half after they founded), probably. Otherwise it'll probably be sometime tomorrow when I get my embassy upgraded for 2 more invites. It's a bit of a resource drain to keep this up and try and get a colony running, but I should be able to handle it.

Another option would be for the new people to found a second alliance. It's MUCH easier to get the embassy up and running when you have access to the 5 free days of time and free resources.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:36:58 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »

I would really prefer to keep us all in one alliance. Perhaps we should have monthly dues in resources or just donations to keep it all going. I'd be happy to donate some ore when I get in. I currently pull 1500/hour which is far more than I need.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »

Spoiler: Current Empire (click to show/hide)
My current plans are this-Build up uni, colonize a gas giant and use it as a capitol. The way I'll be doing this is every 2-5 systems I expand, I establish a infrastructure colony(preferably on a gas giant) which is supported by nearby Resource Colonys and asteroids, and it is used for shipbuilding, archeology, etc. etc.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »

Alright, I withdrew invites from those that hadn't accepted yet and invited Spathiwa, Yaxlon Kleptocracy, Linear League, and reinvited taemandor. I'm just going in the order that I saw people ask for invites and you're the next up forsaken. I think you're actually the only one not yet in, so hopefully I can remedy that soon (if that's not true and there are other people waiting for invites then I missed you, please post again!). I may grab some resources out of the stash to upgrade my university overnight so I can get the embassy up earlier tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently you can't just take from the stash, you have to exchange. That's... less useful.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:04:22 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:36 pm »

Accepted the invite. Hooray!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »

Edit: Apparently you can't just take from the stash, you have to exchange. That's... less useful.
It does ensure the stash will always grow and never be suddenly emptied by someone deciding to leave or something. It allows you to exchange something you have in abundance for something you need at the time.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »

I started playing yesterday, but I wanted to make sure I actually planned to stay before joining an alliance. Please add Asyrius to the list for B12 alliance.

My homeworld isn't too bad, except for a limitation in ore variety

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2011, 09:55:12 pm »

You're pretty much set for using fission plants and burning hydrocarbons for power!

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

You're pretty much set for using fission plants and burning hydrocarbons for power!

Yeah, I am not complaining, I have easy access to some of the most useful ore types. Also, the planet right next to mine got some other useful ore types (sulfur, gypsum, etc.). I already have everything needed to colonize it, but I want to finish exploring the few nearby star systems before moving out of isolation.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2011, 10:17:49 pm »

Alright, so much progress has been made. I figured out someone from the clan is right next door to me, I finally have my colony ship in space on its way to a new planet with much Kerogen, and a nice fellow got me a good deal on 2 glyph buildings for 15 essentia. So, once I build them, I will have 6k Food/Ore income. Sexy stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33