Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30700 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »

Playing as Linear League - "Your species cannot survive on that planet." message in planet's unavailable tab/colony ship desc  means that i don't have enough happiness or i'm lucky enough to have no habitable planet in the system ?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »

Do you remember when you were defining your species and it had a bar thing which was two points which you can spread. 1 - 8.
The numbers on which is between the two tabs represent where your nation can live. In other words. If you had the tabs readingin 1 -------- 8 then you could colonize any planet that isn't a gas. But if it was 3--4 then you could only colonize any planets that are in the orbit zone of 3 or 4 (Earth and Mars)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2011, 07:57:38 pm »

Standard paranoia. I'm not sure how hard it is to track down all colonies owned by a player/alliance, and I generally dislike having enemy intel officers able to pin down our locations with just a quick Google search.

Although I suppose that the increase centralization, making it easier to defend each other, would likely make up for it.

You can go into the stats tab, search for any players name, and it will give you an exact location of their planet under "Known Colonies", even if you have not seen that player before.

This, or our clan has somehow found all twenty people I tested this on.

So yeah, most games, telling your location is asking for someone to kill you, but in Lacuna, its not a big deal. Once we get our Average Population up, our clan will be soaring through the ranks. We have a good 8-9x more players then other alliances around our rank, we just are all small players. So, yeah, keep working on it! I have 80k happyness, hoping to colonize a planet in the same star system that has much needed Kerogen when I get that last 20k :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »

The nearby Empire (He has 3 known colonies on the 3rd Orbit Planets in the local systems) sent me something as a congratulations on expanding. I don't know what it is, because he sent it to my new colony which has no star port... 5mins left...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »

The nearby Empire (He has 3 known colonies on the 3rd Orbit Planets in the local systems) sent me something as a congratulations on expanding. I don't know what it is, because he sent it to my new colony which has no star port... 5mins left...

My probes have yet to find any other empires in the neighboring stars...

It's just me...

Alone...
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »

It was a Supply Pod. Gave me a few thousand of each resource and also boosted the storage of each resource while its there... Quite handy...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:06 am »

Well, by heavily exploiting the starter bonuses from the Subspace Supply Depot I have my facilities upgraded and have started construction on a short range colony ship. I plan to colonize a nearby planet and exploit its gold deposits... I hope. Maybe. See below.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:37:30 am by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2011, 12:37:57 am »

Actually I decided to reboot knowing a few things that I did wrong.

Also: Which is really better? Water production or water purification?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2011, 12:43:38 am »

So, is this worth getting into? I'm not big on the concept of another browser game, but if the Bay12 is picking up steam with this, I'd probably hop aboard myself.

So, in any case: Is it worth playing?

Well I've been playing quite a bit, it takes some time to get into but when you're sending probes to other star systems and exploring space as well as managing everything in your own planet things can start getting both fun and Fun, if you know what I mean. When you start off you're on your own except for the tutorial's guidance, and you have to actually do a lot of stuff before you can join the existing alliance.

It's a worthwhile browser game that doesn't force you to only play for five minutes then not be able to do anything else for another day.

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:30 am »

Wheee, restarted. taemandor again. Having another invite whenever one's available would be great.

Still in -1|0, though.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 02:51:51 am »

Why hello Spathi Duelmaster! We Umgah will perhaps be nearby you (when created, sometime tomorrow)! Har har har!

Be friendly neighbors, yes? Har har har. Maybe send you some presents. Lots of fun. Good times. Har har har!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 02:55:38 am »

Big mean alien blobbie thing!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:25 am »

By the way, when more room is available in the alliance please invite me. "House Kairon"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 09:24:51 am »

Also: Which is really better? Water production or water purification?
Production. Water purification gives very little water in comparison(on a world with 5500-ish water, which seems average), so you'll need to use up so many plots to have enough water. Water production gets expensive, but by then you should be able to transition to water reclaimation(less water, but consumes waste).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Argon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 12:35:08 pm »

I'm ready to set up my colony on a nearby 60plot planet (i bought a lv5 luxury house with essentia, it brought my productions to negative and it was a lot of trouble). But i haven't got enough resources to send off my short-range colony ship.

How are everyone else doing? I feel kinda empty not chatting with allies when i'm in an alliance.

Are allies placed in a different box in the list of people online?
I wish i dont have to drag(or be dragged) online allies into a private chat room everytime i come online.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33