Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30645 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #450 on: March 12, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »

Gotten more and more Distracted from the game so hit self destruct.. heh. Browser games like this unfortunately don't last long for me. =/
Yeah, I might be heading down that road myself.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:53:09 pm by Stany »

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »

Circumstances have arisen, so I have to unfortunately self destruct my empire. Good luck to those who still play.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2011, 07:50:37 pm »

Annnddd there goes half the alliance ;P

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 14, 2011, 10:50:35 am »

I'm still playing :)
Going a fair bit slower now that my essentia boosts have run out, but I've finally got a second colony, with a 3rd ship en-route.

Hope to have my build queue tracker finished later today.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:59:10 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 14, 2011, 10:48:19 pm »

Yes, double-post
8) deal with it

Build-queue tracker thing done... ish...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wj6rqn6sne4lbaq/LacunaExpanse_DevMinTracker.jar

It kinda sucks at the moment, primarily because it doesn't update the timers until you click refresh (which pulls info from the server again, which it shouldn't have to do just to redraw the timers).

Thinking about putting it up on Github, if nothing else it'll be easier to distribute from there.

EDIT: D'oh, forgot instructions:
  • create "login.txt" in the same folder as the JAR (if you run the JAR it will create it for you)
  • edit login.txt: empire name on the first line; password on the second
  • run the JAR, it'll might take a couple seconds to load, especially on a slow computer/connection
  • drop-down list has planet names and the levels of the Development Ministries on them
    select one to display the build queue for that planet
  • main list shows building, level it's being upgraded to, and time remaining (as of last refresh)
  • click the refresh button to reload all data from the server and update the timers, try not to do this too often
    (i'll fix the timers in the next update, hopefully soon)
  • the program creates "sessionID.txt" in the same folder as itself to keep track of some data. it can be safely deleted, and should be if the program seems to crash

Pros: I've got a good framework underneath now, tracking more info should be fairly simple.

Cons: IU is ugly as hell, and only half works as intended
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:59:19 pm by SolarShado »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2011, 03:28:38 am »

Ah, great, I'll be downloading this. Really hoping you get it to redraw the timers automatically, though. A simple refresh button is still a lot better then going on to lacuna itself, however.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

I self destructed also, not because I don't want to play any more, but because I need to do things differently in my empire. Plus I built probes instead of drones so that was a big waste.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »

Plus I built probes instead of drones so that was a big waste.

How do you mean? They serve rather different functions... AFAIK drones can't even be sent off-planet... if it's possible i haven't seen the option anywhere

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:26 pm »

I built them to combat the random ships coming at me meaning to build drones instead so for that purpose they are useless. But that is just the last straw in my beguiled empire.

I think the biggest problem I have is how baddly I organized my planets. Building all over the place and hard as hell to keep track of. I also wasted a ton of free resources building 4 of each type of resource building. There are a lot of things I want to do differently so I have no tears over restarting.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

I built them to combat the random ships coming at me meaning to build drones instead so for that purpose they are useless. But that is just the last straw in my beguiled empire.

I think the biggest problem I have is how baddly I organized my planets. Building all over the place and hard as hell to keep track of. I also wasted a ton of free resources building 4 of each type of resource building. There are a lot of things I want to do differently so I have no tears over restarting.

Ah, that makes sense. I'd definitely do things differently if I were to start over... but nothing's really messed up enough to warrant such drastic action.

Ah, great, I'll be downloading this. Really hoping you get it to redraw the timers automatically, though. A simple refresh button is still a lot better then going on to lacuna itself, however.

Thanks for the interest, I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to work on it more. Tracking the time isn't really a problem: it's updating the GUI...
Spoiler: Java programing stuff (click to show/hide)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »

Sorry to drag this to the top. But I have no idea who is the leader in the game, if you can send an invite to catalystysm, thanks. See ya round.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 24, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

Invite sent. Dunno how active people are, though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 24, 2011, 10:25:37 pm »

I'm on pretty regular, don't do much that's really interesting though tbh :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2011, 07:21:46 am »

I'm still playing. I recently upgraded a Planetary Command Center to level 15, allowing me to send out supply pod IIs to anyone who is no longer isolationist. I don't have much else to use my resources on, and they tend to get wasted; I'd be happy to launch some to anyone who wants them.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33