Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30653 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #435 on: March 08, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »

Glyphs can be combined to make some kickass structures, but those buildings are fine if you lack food diversity or production
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:53 pm »

It says:

* Dairy Farm  * 1    * 2
    * Oversight Ministry    * 5    * 0
    * Oversight Ministry    * 5    * 0
    * Trade Ministry    * 6    * 0

Dairy farm is the only one that shows up at all, but I can't build it here anyways. I didn't have an oversight ministry though.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:23 pm »

I don't really know the entirety of how plans work, but do you need the tech to build the base building before you can use a plan? I feel like that shouldn't be the case, but it might?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 08, 2011, 07:01:15 pm »

I actually built an oversight ministry just to see if it would be instant and free and level 5, but it was not. I have no idea.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »

Well you can't build it if your orbit doesn't support it, but plans give you free building and upgrades up to the level shown, they still take time, and i'm not sure if you need the uni level for them to be high enough
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2011, 01:19:16 am »

I'm working on a simple "custom client": a build-queue monitor.

It's very rough ATM, I've been hacking on it off-and-on for 6 hours or so now, and I've got it retrieving the build queues from every planet in my empire (I just have one, but it should loop through all planets).

No nice UI yet though: for now it just dumps some raw data to the console. But it should be easy from here, I'm much more familiar with UI design than wrangling JSON.

I'm thinking a drop-down list of planets either on the top or bottom with the queue data filing the rest of the window.

Should have something worth uploading tomorrow afternoon (i.e. now + 14-15 hours).
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2011, 02:14:55 am »

Nekojian Leggate sent an excavator at me, shot that bugger down. Not quite sure what to make of it quite yet, I suppose we'll see in the morning.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2011, 09:32:12 am »

Excavator's aren't hostile dude, it would've just gotten him some cool stuff and no harm to you.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2011, 03:42:34 pm »

Nekojian Leggate sent an excavator at me, shot that bugger down. Not quite sure what to make of it quite yet, I suppose we'll see in the morning.

When I logged in just now, I had a message that my forces had shot down an excavator (from cxreg). Must've been my SAW...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

Yea. Don't worry about that. It's not like you had a choice. Excavs are extremely cheap, and if your sending them out, you are prepared to lose quite a few. You wont get attacked or anything, its no problem.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »

I'm working on a simple "custom client": a build-queue monitor.

It's very rough ATM, I've been hacking on it off-and-on for 6 hours or so now, and I've got it retrieving the build queues from every planet in my empire (I just have one, but it should loop through all planets).

No nice UI yet though: for now it just dumps some raw data to the console. But it should be easy from here, I'm much more familiar with UI design than wrangling JSON.

I'm thinking a drop-down list of planets either on the top or bottom with the queue data filing the rest of the window.

Should have something worth uploading tomorrow afternoon (i.e. now + 14-15 hours).

This's been delayed (obviously).

I've done some thinking and looking at my code from last night, and it's going to take some considerable re-factoring to get it to where I want to go... and I really don't feel like doing it right now.

Maybe I'll have something by monday evening...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »

Got nailed by alot of thuds and apparently theres a new wave thats presumably from Diab. Theres also one incoming ship that I've got a feeling may not be Diab...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 12, 2011, 02:14:12 am »

Bluerobin, you might want to go through the alliance and remove inactive members. We seem to have a few. Anyone who has not been on since February should be removed to free up slots and improve alliance ranking. As soon as you kick them, reinvite them, so they can be added back to the clan when they start playing once more.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 12, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

Sounds like a plan, done and done.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 12, 2011, 07:51:43 pm »

Gotten more and more Distracted from the game so hit self destruct.. heh. Browser games like this unfortunately don't last long for me. =/
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33