Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30724 times)

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »

Right now I'm working on creating as much of a resource revenue as possible.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:52 pm »

No worries, take your time. I'm still figuring out what to do, though I'm guessing that maxing out the university is a damn good idea.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2011, 03:37:00 pm »

yeah... if I'd upgraded my university past level 6 this whole alliance thing would be a lot easier.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

Is there anyway to redeploy a probe? I accidentally sent the one I got from the tutorial to my own system. Anyway working towards getting a short ranged colony ship which brings the question, has anyone else had issues with attacks?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »

Yeah, are probes one shot only?
It makes sense but it kinda sucks at the same time, anyway will have my first colony soonish, just need to find a decent system, damn my only 6 colonization restriction :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »

I am the United Nations Space Command, in zone 0|1. I'm still getting set up, got a nice system all to myself. My planet is pretty average, but there's a habitable planet nearby...with Gold.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 05:12:42 pm »

So i sent a probe to two nearby systems, one has a gas giant in orbit 6 and the other one has no planet in orbit 6, woohoo for wasted resources
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:01 pm »

Whee free essentia! Oh I can complete buildings with that, can't I? Hmm... this upgrading may speed up considerably.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »

I'm hoping I can find some other newbie empires nearby to have fun times with. Maybe we could team up and zergrush a larger empire.

Nom.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2011, 06:22:57 pm »

Alright, went through most of my essentia, but I have 4 more invites going out now. Unfortunately there are 6 people on the list.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2011, 06:48:07 pm »

Tip for newbies:

Don't sacrifice your resource production ability...

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »

Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:52 pm »

Sign me up for the alliance whenever there is space.

Name: Squirhells
Race: Look like squirrels but with funny hats.

2 planets so far, getting a third one soonish..

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »

Another neighbor scouted out, this one named "Stickybudz" slightly more advanced then me (according to achievments) In addition he's part of a 9 member alliance.

Also I traded 200 Gold for 200 Trona in the alliance stores so I could get my Waste Treatment Center up to 8.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:10:26 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2011, 10:19:47 pm »

Donating a bunch of resources to the stash as i can't use them and would rather them be used than wasted.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33