Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Die2Nite Mega Town - Third Time's A Charm - Game On  (Read 13658 times)

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite Mega Town - Third Time's A Charm - Starts Tuesday Feb. 22
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »

Got my invite, thanks stoney!

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:12 pm »

It looks like things are coming together. I want to point out that we do have people who are brand new to Die2Nite playing with us. It does not take much to transform a newbie into a knowledgeable player in this game - so long as you ask questions, and get good answers.

Here are a few things that are relevant brand new players:

1) You won't get more AP by eating/drinking more than once.
2) If you are trapped in a zone with too many zombies, NEVER run away. Post in the forums for help and someone will come to save you (their presence will add control points to the zone).
3) When you first login for the day, go to the Watchtower and "estimate the attack".
4) Vote for projects on your last login of the day, once the town has decided what project we're voting for. This should be quite straightforward as we have an Upgrade Path decided on.
5) Use autosearch! You can just sit there every 2 hours and potentially find something new!
6) Do Not Try to fight the zombies with your bare hands. Unless you are very lucky, you will just waste AP.
7) Don't repair or build any items without asking first. Perfect example: Shopping Trolley. It sounds useful, but it requires a copper pipe to repair, and we may need the copper pipe for something important. Always ask!
8. Don't start any new constructions without proposing the idea first. It will be very clear what you should build by looking at the Construction Sites thread.

And for people new to Bay 12 towns:

1) Most of our planning is done through IRC. It is a democratic and open process, and we encourage everyone to get involved.
2) Expeditions are organized through IRC as well. In the first few days of the game expeditions are very important until we get Plumbing or other advanced weapons. After that, we use IRC to coordinate zombie killing duties.
3) Map markers. The ONLY map markers we use are "Nothing" "Depleted Zone" and "Likely Campsite". "Nothing" is for when a zone is not depleted. "Depleted Zone" is self-explanatory. "Likely Campsite" is for when you are auto-searching an undepleted zone... be sure to change the marker before you leave or if it gets depleted.

The Die2Nite wiki is very good (although it's down as I'm typing this):
http://www.die2nitewiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

We use the External Map heavily. It is important that everyone keep the map updated accurately. BTW, the Firefox plugin is really easy to install now. I had trouble with the past version, but now it works perfectly. The plugin will update the data of a zone for you with a couple mouselicks and keystrokes. (I don't see a link to the plugin on the front page, but once we have a town map you will be able to get it.)
http://die2nite.gamerz.org.uk/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:40:26 pm by Datgum »

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »

Possible to post the upgrade/construction paths? Things change, but what's the rough idea of how things are planned out?

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2011, 06:30:35 pm »

The plan that your arch-nemesis GlyphGryph posted in reply #31 of this thread is what we will do if things go well.

"Things go well" meaning we find an electronic component on day one, find enough defensive objects on Day 1-3 to not need any defensive buildings, find an engine by day four, etc.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:55 pm »

If that is our plan, you should probably move it to the first post so people can review it without having to dig for it. Though it becomes a moot point in 24 hours when it gets posted on the forum and we get an opportunity to start screwing it up. :P

ao13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:36 pm »

when is join time? i'm in datgum's coalition

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

It's at the bottom of the first post.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2011, 09:27:17 pm »

Day 1 Plan:
Build: Watchtower, Searchtower
These two constructions will require 54 AP, so therefore we only need a few builders on day one.

Everyone scavenges today! Auto-scavenge an undepleted square until it is depleted!

No more than 2 people per square, unless it's needed to overcome zombies.

Don't scavenge the squares just outside of town - in fact, go as far away as reasonably possible, and then autoscavenge your way back in - the squares outside of town will become depleted by people heading out anyways.

We need three heroes to use the Brothers in Arms ability on three residents. The residents will choose the Scout class, and use all their AP to scout a section of the map. Then they will use Heroic Return to get back to town. You can use Heroic Return even if you are trapped by zombies. These Resident-Scouts should wait in town for 30 minutes or so while the rest of the town spreads out. Then, head to where a Hero is auto-searching, who will give you BiA and make you a Scout. Feel free to volunteer in this thread if you can do this job as a resident.

Using IRC on day one will be helpful to coordinate rescue missions and the Hero-Scout gameplan.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:32:32 pm by Datgum »

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2011, 10:24:53 pm »

ITs only the 21st right...? Is it too late to get an invite to a coalition?
Name is halfman on die2nite.

Edit: Never mind. I see that My 22nd is not good enough. *gets huffy and walks away*
Good luck everyone knock their brains out.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »

We haven't started yet if thats what you mean. There's even still time to die yet!

We start in 20 hours or so.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »

oh. I just need an invite then please.  :-[

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:43 pm »

Make sure you're not in a coalition already, as the last time someone tried, you were.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2011, 10:51:00 pm »

I have since remedied that problem. Hadn't logged in a while so I had forgotten where I was when I left.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »

Jar of Jam and Zigzom, I need your exact Die2Nite name to add to the player list.

You guys are going to need to be in IRC when we launch (6pm EST tomorrow) to get in the town though. What will happen is that the coalitions will join, then we'll kick people from our coalitions, and quickly invite you. Once you accept you will be dragged into the town. We will need to be quick.

There is still a chance stoney can create a coalition, but those spots will go to people who signed up first.

Wait wait wait, what IRC channel, what network, do you have a link to a Webchat site that can connect to that network, and 6PM in what GMT?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:33 pm »

All the details you seek are in the first post :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13