Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526139 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: The Scientist dies first.
« Reply #8865 on: July 12, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

Of course, you could just have the Presbyter punch our characters hard enough in the face to make them into a fine red mist.
Problem Solved.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:29 am »

((Say, that's interesting stuff right there. And here I was, subconsciously suspecting that calculus had no practical use in an RTD.

A bit silly, I know, considering that all such games are rooted in functions and statistics, but still. Creative work, Draignean. I tip my sun hat to you.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: July 12, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

-snip-

On one hand, that's an complicated way to work the mechanic of damage for the average joe (at least from the standpoint of a game where the equations aren't taken care of via program and thus aren't really seen/dealt with on a player or GM basis), but on the other hand I'm impressed at the level of detail going into the mechanics and how they can really add variability and the choice of efficiency (which in part grants greater differences between separate abilities, which is always nice).

You don't really see that much of anywhere in games.

Well, I do have that useful little VBA program that I fully intend to incorporate all of this into. Some of the equation forms can get slightly complicated though.

(20x^2-(x^3)/3)*(8+1.5*DIFFICULTY)*10^-3   [Blade]

It's derived from my base equation of  [HALFMAX*x^2 - (x^3)/3]*LEVELER), which describes a damage profile that deals well with mid-range power levels, in a get-what-you-pay-for sense, but has a definite max stamina input and efficiency tapering at either extreme of input. This makes it much more aggressive than slam. Even knockback included, slam does exceptionally well as a safe, low stamina attack, but it's damage type is terrible against armor and it doesn't charge well. Blade gambles higher stamina costs for an efficiency profile that doesn't have the velocity problems of logarithmic functions.

Spoiler: Blade Tests (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:37:45 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: July 13, 2014, 12:11:54 am »

*Notices lots of new replies recently. Looks at thread. Promptly dies from brain being overloaded by Draignean's insane ruleset.*

EDIT: Also love this RTD, great work Draignean :)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: July 13, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

*Notices lots of new replies recently. Looks at thread. Promptly dies from brain being overloaded by Draignean's insane ruleset.*

R'lyeh, it's a perfectly sensible and logical system if you look at the right way.

Anyway, I've made the necessary psionics more power balanced, so I can get back to turning people into fine red mist as has been suggested. I'll work on the others later, but right now it seems somewhat more balanced*.

*He wrote, knowing full well that he'd tinker with it again in a month or two.

EDIT: Turn is written, but it's midnight and I work tomorrow. I WILL finish the maps and stats up tomorrow, and get everything posted with fewer grammatical errors than if I gave it to you now. To give you the short version of what happened: Some people became much closer to dying, some people much less close, and some people about the same close. That about sums it up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:44:11 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:29 pm »

Dominique Wakeman

Dom attempts to use Heavy Manipulation to take the Cellburner's shield away. "Get ready to open fire!"

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Alonso and Basilio remain impassive in the face of monsters and blood. They obey you unquestioningly, waiting to open fire until after you've done whatever you're going to do.
   The marksman squad reacts to the creature's appearance rapidly, [Morale 6-2] and fail to wait for you to remove the scientist before they open fire. [Luck 5,14,20] The marksman and one of the marines use their dart launchers, but the remaining soldier opens fire with his rifle.  [Marine 1 Quickshot 20+1-2, E/O 0] (Scientist Armor -1. 1 negated) [Marine 2 Quickshot [Stability 21, no effect] (Scientist armor -6, HP -6 1 negated) (Spine Freak HP -10, -14, -14) [Marksman Quickshot 11+1-1] [Luck 1] The first marine's aim is good, and the dart he fires would have hit the freak if the scientist hadn't thrashed into the projectile's path. The steel needle scratches across the scientist's facemask, making a groove but glancing away without effect. The second marine fires a spray of bullets at the joined scientist and cellburner. He strikes both, but manages to deal the brunt of the damage to the Cellburner. The marksman attempts to time his shot for an opening, trying to avoid striking the scientist. He succeeds, but shoots just wide of the freak in the process.   
    You [Heavy manipulation 14+2-1] elicit another pained yell from the scientist as you pull her free of the freak's spined pseudopods. The spines don't appear to have been heavily barbed, and, though the scientists is bleeding pretty badly, it doesn't look as though her wounds are fatal. Assuming she doesn't get any more.
    The freak reacts to your taking its prize with expected fury.  It lunges forward almost as soon as the scientist pulls away, not aiming at you exactly, but at the woman you just freed. [Enhance Attribute: 15. Str +2, Dex +2] (HP -30) [Melee 13+2, 15+2 Vs Scientist Dodge 14+1, 22] [Scientist Reflex 15+1]  Those twin pseudopods lengthen and lance down as the Cellburner lunges, but, through a small miracle, the wounded scientist manages to roll out of the way of both spines.
   Alonso and Basilio both open fire as soon as the scientist isn't providing a meatshield. [Alonso Quickshot] (Spine Freak HP -22, -18, -24) [Basilio Quickshot] [Finesse 7 Vs Soak 4, Critical Confirmed] (Spine Freak HP -112. Limb Lost [2], Psuedopod) Both immortals prove their worth. Alonso puts three rounds straight into the Cellburner's chest, staggering the creature with the sheer mass of metal.  Basilio follows with a barrage at the base of one the creature's pseudopods. Two out of three rounds miss, but the third blows tears the limb apart and severs the soft tissue. The spined pseudopod drops wetly to the wax covered floor, dissolving almost immediately into grey ooze.
    The scientist [soak 16, no poison effect] struggles to keep her feet and flee to the safety of the soldiers. [Mobility 4+1] Disoriented and bloodied, she only manages to put a few strides of distance between herself and the Cellburner.
    The gunnery squad's opens fire without hesitation when the scientist is free, with the nearest marine [mobility 4] pulling the scientist a little further out of the fray while the other marine attempts to dart the Cellburner. [Quickshot 2-1] The dart misses miserably, forcing the gunner to try to use the launcher attached to his LMG. [Quickshot 13-2] [Luck 9] The heavy weapon wasn't designed for snap precision work, and the dart sails just to the left of the freak's head.
    The engineers [Morale 21-1], surprisingly, surge forwards to join the fray. [Mobility 14, 4] Only one engineer gets within a comfortable distance to use his shotgun, [Quickshot 3+1, 2-2] and even his attack is more a gesture of defiance than an effective assault.
    Taiya takes calm aim with her pistol [Quickshot 19-1] and finally manages to put a dart straight into the Freak's neck. (Freak HP -3, Bacteriostasis)
    The cellburner looks almost surprised to have been attacked with such a tiny weapon, and Alonso and Basilio take advantage of the moment to shoot the creature again. [Alonso Quickshot] (Spine Freak HP -18) [Basilio Quickshot] (Spine Freak HP -27,-27 )

The cellburner tries to make another growling lunge, but it staggers suddenly, and its melted face looks confused. The wounds that cover it, wounds that had been regenerating rapidly up until Taiya shot the creature, begin to take their toll. Regeneration slows to a crawl, and then stops, leaving the Spine Freak frightfully mortal. Bright red blood gushes from the stump of its severed pseudopod, and the creature collapses mid stride, the sudden and massive trauma your group inflicted catching up to it in a rush.
    Everyone keeps their guns pointed at it for a long while, until blood stops pulsing out the stump in the creature's shoulder, until its skin develops the odd and waxy pallor of the truly dead. Then Taiya shoots the corpse in the head with an explosive round. The soldiers start relaxing only after the last of the skull shards settle.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Allies (click to show/hide)

---

Toomas Amk

"Abomination coming our way," Amk says to Rob. "Have any countermeasures? Opinion on success of violence?"

What kind of door am I looking out of? An automatic one? And the woman's body is on the ground inside of our cozy little nook, right?

Also, consider my portable welding kit - is there any way to overload it explosively? Plasma should do a number on a creature like this, should it not?

Rob curses at the mention of the abomination, but doesn't leave his seat. "My countermeasure is holed and dead! You can't kill the fucking thing, just get me enough time to finish!" [Intuition 12+1] Finish what? Transfer has to be completed after the reboot finishes, but he should still have plenty of time to help you slow this thing down in the meantime.
    Setting that thought aside, you take a quick stock of what you have. The door into this room can be shut, but the abomination is quite capable of ripping it apart or bashing it down if it's sure of prey. The dead scientist is on the inside of the room, and her corpse might prove useful in slowing the creature down to feed. [Intuition 22] Even if you ditch her, she's seeping enough blood that the trail into this room would be too tempting for the Abomination to pass up. Of course, she'd leave a pretty convincing trail wherever you dragged her...
    When it comes to killing the creature, Rob isn't, technically, correct. It should be possible to kill an abomination. You've just never seen it done, or, for that matter, heard of it being done. It repurposes its own damaged tissues like any cellburner, but the sheer size of an abomination typically allows it absorb impacts and catch its own spatter. Worse, they have the disturbing tendency to adapt. They grow thick carapace systems when exposed to fire, low density layers of sloughable flesh when exposed to extreme cold, and myriad other rapidly evolved defenses when attacked. If that alone didn't make them stunningly difficult to kill, Abominations also had the ability to split freely, and paring off more than a tenth of the creature would cause the removed piece to become an independent organism. Unfortunately, though they kill and eat everything else in sight, Abominations ignore their own kind completely and two split organisms have never been seen to attack one another.
    [Mechanics 22] (Free action if you decide to do it) The torch you have is a high-power but cheaply made maintenance kit, and it already has a build history of killing welders who don't keep a careful eye on the temperature. Making it explode on purpose won't be difficult, but even that kind of explosion won't do more than slow this creature down.

Time Until Abomination Reaches Entrance: 1-2 rounds
Time Until System Resets: 1-4 rounds

Spoiler: Toomas Amk (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin Laveros, Anna Witheld, James Evan

Use Energy Drain on the disintegration field and unleash the all energy on the technocrat in the form of a -2 blank that's focused on his Active Empathetics. Stay in cover as much as possible!

"C'mon Anna, you can do this." Tyrin whispered as he controlled his breathing. With one steady shot, this would be a disrupting show of force.

Fire.

Attempt to disarm Jeremiah, and if I can, subdue him. This involves using my bare fists, mainly.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Wigs [intuition 13] doesn't miss the sudden transformation in Jeremiah, and he dashes forward. [Psychic Chain 7+2-1] [Control 17, cost -25%]  (-4 Stamina)   The kineticist attempts to charge something as he moves, but can't quite bring the energy together and dash at the same time.  [Melee 5 Vs Dodge 8] Wigs lunges for the controlled man, but Jeremiah deftly blocks with his empty assault rifle.
   The presbyter turns towards the marshal and draws in energy from the surrounding fires. [Energy Drain 16+6] (+67 stamina) The fires wink out instantly, and a cloud of thin mist forms around the presbyter as the air temperature plunges. The presbyter doesn't bother trying to strike the marshal down with a precision attack. To do so would invite an element of uncertainty and provide a chance for the rebel to survive the encounter.  Much more efficient to simply destroy everything in the marshal's vicinity. [Razor Bloom 12+5-4-1] (-60 stamina, 7 stamina wasted) [Kinetic Parry: N/A (Direct hit). Instinctive shield: 42, activated] [Marshal P.K 3+3, 30 HP shield] Invisible wires of force rend the area around the marshal, flinging fungal earth into the air, burning faint lines in Feuer's instinctual shielding, and plunging through the man's weakened armor to draw out brighter lines of blood.  (Feuer Shield -6,  Armor -6 (AP I), Health -89   2 points negated) [Feuer Soak 18+1, no maladies] Despite the bloody lacerations crisscrossing his body, the marshal appears as solid as ever was. If the fact that the Presbyter very nearly killed him with a single blow evokes any sort of fear in the man, he doesn't show it.
   Anna attempts to glean a little more energy from the fading disintegration field, [Energy Drain 10] and succeeds in taking all of the kinetic energy that remains. What little that is. (7 stamina) [Blank 14-2+2] (-7, Presbyter A.E -2) The resulting attack, despite it being everything Anna has, is almost pitiful. Anna succeeds, barely, in penetrating the presbyter's defenses, but only shaves off the most specialized memories of empathetics that the presbyter carries.
   Jeremiah, against his own will, turns his abilities against wigs. [Slam 1-2 (bonus negated] [Control 2, +33% cost] (-40 Stamina, -20 health) Enough of Jeremiah is still fighting to sabotage the proxy efforts of the presbyter, and though unfocused pulses of psionic energy surge inside the ruined building, no harm comes of them. At least, not directly. A good eye would notice the sudden frost burns appearing on Jeremiah's extremities, spiraling up from the thinnest and most vulnerable tissues. The presbyter's link is abusive, and it appears quite capable of forcing Jeremiah to destroy himself even as it forces him to destroy his companions.
  The Marshal [mobility 7] ducks back as far as his injuries allow him, and dumps the rest of his suit's charge into the laser cannon, supplementing it with the last of his energy cells to fully recharge the heavy weapon.
  Tiruin aligns his shot through the frosty fog that the Presbyter has been raised, take only a moment to compensate before he fires. [Marksman 18+1+2-1] The rail spike slams into the presbyter's shield, lingering there for a curiously long time as the shield piercing round screams against the psionic barrier. (Presbyter Shield -69 [Shield Piercing III, Hard Barrier]) It too is flicked aside in the end, joining the metallic pile of previous attempts on the presbyter's life.
   Hickie groans at the shattered mess that used to be the stim and crawls across the roof towards Anna. [Mobility 4] He doesn't get far from the lip, but he gets far enough to hopefully keep him out of the Presbyter's direct fury. [Telekinesis 18-3] (-10 stamina [complex manipulation]) The medic squints, and a ripple forms on the roof behind Anna. The ripple takes shape, a pinky sized blob of amorphous and somewhat dusty fluid rises from the roof and looms up behind the exhausted Anna. The blob hangs suspended for only a moment before driving down like an arrow, straight into one of Anna's more open wounds. (Anna Stamina +24, Anna health -3. Anna is now regenerating stamina) Hickie rolls back onto his better side after completing the small task, fishing for one of his medical kits.
  James [mobility 13] is able to slide down from the roof, despite his injuries, and throw himself at Jeremiah. [Melee 20 Vs Dodge 6] [Enhanced strength 20, triggered] [Brawl 19+2+8] [Jeremiah Soak 4, REALLY Unconscious] The resulting altercation is a landslide in James' favor. The presbyter's control of Jeremiah serves poorly, the Technocrat too used to psionic methods to respond to physical confrontation with alacrity. The Presbyter's control hesitates for a moment when James charges, clearly expecting some more nuanced attack. That hesitation costs the presbyter his tool. James doesn't slow down as he approaches Jeremiah, and he collides with the psionic, grabbing the lighter man by the front of the head and slamming his skull into the metal wall of the building repeatedly.  It isn't pretty, but Jeremiah's eyes roll up into his head on the third slam. The man may need some stitches in the back of his scalp, but his skull feels like it's in one piece and he isn't the Technocrat's marionette anymore. 

Total Damage Dealt to Presbyter's Shield: 571
Total Stamina Lost by Presbyter: 161

Spoiler: James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anna Withheld (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Check the crate, cautiously and with a weapon ready
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom pointed at the wounded scientist. "We need to check her wounds. Get on that." She nodded to her Immortals in recognition of a job very well done, then turned her gaze to Taiya. "Nice shot." She kept her weapon up but away from her allies, staying ready just in case another of those freaks rushed out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hm. Time to act. Keep calm and do your thing," Amk tells Rob. "I am only minimally needed at the moment, yes?"

Okay. Turn the welding kit into an impromptu explosive, then head out into the hallway and hurl it explosively into the abomination. Enhance Strength 72 points for that extra kick to the throw. Grab the dead lady and drag her along with me, by the by.

Once the explosive is thrown and presumably connects, begin moving away from the abomination along the hallway, making sure to leave a proper blood trail along the hallway for it to follow. Its attention presumably will have been gotten now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Anna turned to look at Tyrin after nodding at the medic for his help.

"Tyrin. Link with me. We're going big, all or nothing. I just hope we've got enough between us..."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dominique Wakeman

Dom pointed at the wounded scientist. "We need to check her wounds. Get on that." She nodded to her Immortals in recognition of a job very well done, then turned her gaze to Taiya. "Nice shot." She kept her weapon up but away from her allies, staying ready just in case another of those freaks rushed out.

Taiya accepts your praise as mutely as Alonso and Basilio, radioing back to Fennec that the darts are effective when paired with ordinarily fatal injuries. There is noticeable static in the Arbiter's reply, despite the comm spikes both teams' engineers have been setting down.
     The injured whitecoat is taken back behind the soldiers and inspected thoroughly by the healthy scientist. [Scientist Soak 14] The trauma from the puncture wounds in her back, and the smaller trauma of the bullet graze, are both non-fatal and non-degenerative injuries. Aside from the obvious holes, she seems unharmed by the Cellburner's attack. Either the fluid that had covered the freak's spines had been harmless -something that you consider about as likely as Basilio taking an interest in knitting- or the scientist got very lucky. Medical care is administered swiftly to the injured scientist while some of the marines quickly but carefully inspect the remaining wax mounds. The engineers, being of little use in either endeavor, use the time to make sure that the door ahead is unlocked.
    The scientist is patched up in short order, given a combination of painkillers and speed healers that won't impede focus to supplement a treatment of standard stitches, bandages, and minimal ORS. (Scientist 2 +25 HP, MHD +25) The marines open the remaining wax blisters without incident, finding nothing but corpses in those that remain. One contains a preserved corpse like the first blister you cracked open, but the other two contain nothing but perfectly clean, but wholly clothed, skeletons. The engineers verify that the door ahead is unlocked, and even still functioning on a trickle of station power.
   [Failed Roll not Shown] The back of your neck still prickles, a vague sense of danger that makes you want to check over your shoulder constantly. Your kinetics, however, detect no movement in the immediate vicinity besides those of your soldiers and a faint humming vibration coming off the wax.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Allies (click to show/hide)

---

Ashley Fey

Check the crate, cautiously and with a weapon ready

You edge up to the crate you heard the scratching from, staying ready to shoot if anything horrible happens. Which, considering that you're investigated noises from a crate that's supposed to contain a corpse, seems likely. You disengage the clasps on the lid and sweep the crate open with one swift move, pointing the leanashe at the body inside. The tall officer, the one that prevented the other soldiers from shooting you when you ran to Dom's aid, looks back at you. Gaping holes dot her stomach and side, the edges torn upwards. Explosive rounds, unless you miss your guess. Blood saturates the woman's armor, thickly coating the bottom of the crate. It's difficult to believe that she's had anything to with the scraping noise you heard- her eyes are filmed and any two of the wounds she carries would be fatal without immediate and massive medical intervention, but you're sure this is the crate you heard the scratching from.
   You almost put a burst in the woman's chest when her hand scrapes against the side of the box again. The motion isn't the involuntary twitch of the newly dead, but a staccato rolling action that seems designed to create as much noise as is possible with a minimum of movement.  You lean a little closer, trying to see if there's anything else that could be causing the action, but then the officer's mouth opens. Her chest expands to breathe with a horrible sucking sound, drawing in a slow breath as if she slept. "If you a-," she exhales, her lips forming words, but only the first few syllables escape before blood rises to her lips and her chest deflates completely, the air leaking in bloody bubbles from one of the holes in her side.
   You watch, in mixed fascination and horror, as the process repeats. The woman, or the corpse, is trying to say something, and it seems like it's the same message each time. Unfortunately, the officer's body is too damaged to speak that message. Her lungs leak air too quickly for her to clear the blood from her throat, and the action of inhaling keeps pulling even more blood into her lungs.

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

---

Toomas Amk

"Hm. Time to act. Keep calm and do your thing," Amk tells Rob. "I am only minimally needed at the moment, yes?"

Okay. Turn the welding kit into an impromptu explosive, then head out into the hallway and hurl it explosively into the abomination. Enhance Strength 72 points for that extra kick to the throw. Grab the dead lady and drag her along with me, by the by.

Once the explosive is thrown and presumably connects, begin moving away from the abomination along the hallway, making sure to leave a proper blood trail along the hallway for it to follow. Its attention presumably will have been gotten now.

You quickly crosswire the welding kit into a nightmare of short circuits, letting your mind slip into a meditative state as you work. You think of yourself as bigger, heavier, stronger, and your body complies. In the fraction of a minute it takes you to utterly destroy the welding kit, your body develops a network of complementary musculature and hardened bones that would be the envy of any development enthusiast. It's always a curious feeling, becoming larger while feeling lighter. The raw biomass you carry ensures that your natural form heavier than it should be, but the addition of the temporary muscle makes you feel light even with its saturating dead weight. You pick up the overloading welding kit as though it were a toy, stepping out wholly into the hallway to face the abomination.
    It's closer than it was before, its masses of discordant flesh pulling it along the hallway with ungainly speed. Its myriad of unstable eyes catch a glimpse of you, and it shudders and lurches as it focuses it's attention on you. [Quikshot N/A, (size, environment) [Brawl 20+4] It doesn't react as the heavy kit strikes it, the metal box blowing apart several eyeballs and breaking a spindly leg with nothing but impact velocity. The welding supplies sink into the creature as it tests the edibility of the substance. The abomination slows slightly as it tests the strange meal, and you use the moment to grab the dead scientist by the collar, dragging her out of the room and up the hallway opposite to the abomination.
   You don't make it far before the welding kit begins to emit a high pitched whine, audible even through the insulating layers of the creature's flesh. You glance back in time to see the abomination light up from the inside, the bones of dozens silhouetted against the glowing red of the less dense tissue. The explosion bursts free, electricity and superheated gas crackling through the air in a blinding flash of plasma and atomizing flesh. Anything but a cellburner would have been killed by swallowing such an object, but the creature before you simply wobbles to a momentary silent pause. Torn flesh quivers and pulls itself together, burned and dead tissue is dissolved and replaced with pristine skin, shattered bones are pulled back inside the creature and knit back. After the regeneration is complete, the only thing left to ever indicate that you wounded the creature will be a thicker layer of wax on the floor it shambles over. (Abomination -237 HP)
   The creature's reaction to being injured is... surprising. Mouths form all over the abomination's body, splitting its now unmarked flesh without regard for location or apparent recognition of scale. Half of them, seemingly at random, begin sucking in breath.
   Then the other half start screaming. 
   The noise is almost beyond imagining. Half a hundred voices, women and men, young and old, all seem to be screaming together. The screams have no specific emotion, animal rage mixing with ecstasy that discordantly shrieks alongside howls of fear, pain, and savage joy. Every voice is deafening, operating at a volume that would have shredded a human's throat raw in seconds. The wax around the the abomination glows from the sheer kinetic power of the sound the creature is generating, and that sound is unceasing. The creature keeps screaming endlessly, half its mouths shrieking and half inhaling at any one moment.
    You start dragging the dead scientist faster.

Spoiler: Toomas Amk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:03:47 pm by Draignean »
---

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

I just started reading through this. It is probably the most complicated rtd I have ever seen, and likely one of the best. Could you put me on the waitlist please?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just started reading through this. It is probably the most complicated rtd I have ever seen, and likely one of the best. Could you put me on the waitlist please?

Thanks, she's been a labor of love in which I discovered many ways not to run an RTD. You're on the waitlist, but the waitlist isn't first come, first served, so you'll need a sheet if you want to get considered for a player death opening.
---

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep up my enhanced strength and drag the scientist away down the hall as rapidly as I can - turn the corner and move further away. Keep an eye out for vents along the way.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Dammit, James didn't have any real firepower on him and if he didn't have something serious, the bleakman here was just going to punch another hole in him. ...Well, on second thought, James did have something...
Get into cover and create 8 Shrike blades.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:56:53 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 602