Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526257 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Are You Anything More Than A Murderer?
« Reply #8790 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:18 pm »

((Wow a turn within a week, colour me surprised, sorry for the cheek))

Do not leap just yet, attempt to figgure out whether or not Stormcrow Implants being active at the time would help if not see if I can crawl across the station ato another hatch or a shield emitter
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: June 08, 2014, 03:56:26 pm »

((Wow a turn within a week, colour me surprised, sorry for the cheek))

((One shouldn't apologize for what is deserved. I do have a brush handy, but I don't have a color in my paints that I know to accurately describe surprise. Pray tell me of this shade, because you may need to be colored with it again soontm. And by soontm I mean thirty seconds.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: June 08, 2014, 03:57:19 pm »

Ashley Fey

Do not leap just yet, attempt to figure out whether or not Stormcrow Implants being active at the time would help if not see if I can crawl across the station to another hatch or a shield emitter

You glance up at the faint distortion caused by the flickering shield, trying to work out a few quick calculations in your head. [Mechanics Roll Hidden] The implants... They're not meant to stop an incoming attack, simply to break up its focus and absorb a part of it. The good news is that a shield flicker is far from a focused attack, but the bad news is it also has a lot more energy going through it. Nobody has ever tried this before, not as far as you know, and you have no idea whether it will work or not.
     The shielding core for a vessel such as this will be inside the armor, heavily plated and protected. Even if you disable the exterior emitters, which might not even be possible without heavier equipment, all that would do is prevent the shield from being properly modulated and tuned for incoming threats. [Observation 8] You scan the surface of Teras station quickly, but, with the exception of the airlocks that need a ship to complete them, you don't see anything else. Doesn't mean it isn't there, but you don't see it if it is. Even if you did see something, you'd still have to cross the shield to get off the Technocrat ship. The only reason the boarding tube connecting the vessel and the station hasn't been fried by the shielding is that there is nearly no velocity difference between the tube and the ship itself.

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

---

Toomas Amk

"This system may be due a... de-waxing."

Clear up the wax troubles, and see if I can fix the issue quickly, quietly and efficiently.

[Mechanics 5+1+1] The trouble is that the electronics bank appears to be made of seamless metal. There are slots for different objects and interface devices, but no way appears to actually get the thing open. You could cut it open with your welding kit, but that risked further damage to the systems that you were trying to break through.
    "Well?" Rob asks from his perch, eyes expectant. "What the hell are you waiting for?"

Spoiler: Toomas Amk (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"I'll be ready once I have one of those experimental guns." Dom made a motion as if to say 'after you' and stood aside.

The Arbiter nods and leads you back into the area that Moore and his troops had claimed. Emphasis on had. The faint smell of recent and dirty skirmishing is in the air, odors of ozone and metal.  Red smears add splashes of color to the metal floor, drag marks leading away from bloody pools and ending at the feet of long black cases. Field coffins. Simple, more easily stackable than bags, and the can be hooked up to a refrigeration system in order to preserve the bodies. You shiver a little when you look at those boxes. There probably isn't an experienced maintenance worker alive who wouldn't.
    You force yourself to do a quick count of the boxes. They're stacked six wide, two high, and an extra box starts another rank. Just thirteen. From what Moore had said, about the group that had been transferred in with Fennec, you'd thought that the Arbiter's following would be smaller. [Observation 16+1] A quick headcount of the men who still stand, however, reveals a small discrepancy. Moore said he brought four squads of ten, but you only count twenty-one remaining soldiers and scientists, including both the arbiter and his cadet. That leaves six people unaccounted who aren't either with Fennec or in cases.
   The Arbiter has a word with Taiya before you approach, and the motions for the rest of the soldiers to form up. Taiya takes you aside respectfully and hands you a metal object the size of two clenched fists. "This, Harlequin, is the dart launcher." You're beginning to doubt that her voice has a tone other than quiet. She continues speaking in her quiet voice, showing you how to use the weapon. "Functionally identical to a G-148 Imp grenade launcher. First firing stud to launch a dart, second firing stud to drop the magazine, third firing stud to engage or disengage the weapon clamps. Three dart capacity per reload. This one is loaded and ready." She nods to you respectfully, handing you three additional dart cartridges. She walks back to where the soldiers are assembling after you take the objects, but you look up and catch a glimpse of her looking at you curiously over her shoulder. There's an odd look in her eyes that you can't quite read.
   Fennec addresses the assembled soldiers as soon as the cadet rejoins the group, leaving you standing a little apart from the group. "I know some of you have doubts about what you just did, not all among you came with me knowing the dual nature of this mission. For those of you who joined us, I welcome you. I cannot ease the pain of being forced to turn on your fellows, but can promise you that it was justice for their crimes of treason." Fennec is a decent speaker, able to be heard without being loud for the sake of being loud, and the conviction in his voice is unmistakably genuine. "Now that the mission of justice is complete, our next task is unchanged. We are still here to save lives. Our primary objective is to save this man, Malcolm Olson, but that should not prevent you from rescuing as many people as you can." A small holographic projector flares to life in Fennec's hand, displaying a three foot tall image of a dark haired, dark skinned man in a formal labcoat. He's plain, with a creased faced and protuberant nose, and looks to be in his later forties. That might be a completely inaccurate assessment though, considering that Fennec looks to be on the young side of his thirties and claims to have had his job for seventy years.
  "The thing you fought here before was a failed test subject,"  Fennec continues, "and the weapons you have been given have the ability to inhibit the regenerative abilities of his kind. The darts will not kill the test subjects outright, but it will allow mundane weapons to be effective. Work in groups by fireteam, have your designated marksmen dart targets, then kill them like you would any other man." He doesn't give any hint to the men that the darts are completely untested. "Intelligence indicates that our target is two levels down and one the far side of the complex." The hologram in his hand spins, depicting the facility in wireframe, highlighting paths as he speaks. "There are two main routes, through the off-duty and office sections, and through the laboratory and holding facilities. To maximize our chances of success, and to prevent the test subjects from swarming, we'll be breaking up into two teams. We should have enough relay spikes that the two groups will be able to remain in radio contact at all times. I will lead the team through the laboratory sections, Harlequin Aoibheann will lead the team through the offices. Each group will contain twelve soldiers. Nolan, Jerard, you're with Taiya and the Harlequin. Harley, Toka, you and the longteam are with me.  Any questions?"

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: June 08, 2014, 03:59:48 pm »

Well then, check for a route back on the inside, don't feel like getting fried, if there is no route, might have to do this the hard way
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: June 08, 2014, 04:03:34 pm »

Well then, check for a route back on the inside, don't feel like getting fried, if there is no route, might have to do this the hard way

((A route back on the inside? The only way to get through the ship to the station from the inside is to use the same boarding tube.))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: June 08, 2014, 04:25:55 pm »

Dom listened and practiced with the needle launcher to get an idea of how to drop a magazine and reload quickly, making sure not to fire it. "No questions."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: June 08, 2014, 05:21:08 pm »

"I suppose I have to cut it open, then. Opinion?"

If Rob has no better ideas, open this thing up with my welding kit and fix the issue. Be very careful.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: June 08, 2014, 05:25:18 pm »

Rob's face twists into sneer, and he mutters something [Observation 13] that you only barely catch. "Worthless" He turns back to his terminal and begins tapping keys, his screen flashing. "I can bypass, but it will take time."

((It will take roughly 3 rounds for him to bypass. Assuming you don't break anything, you can cut into it and start fixing things in 1))
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: June 08, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »

((Did'ja PM Zako Draig? :o))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: June 08, 2014, 05:56:40 pm »

((He was PM'd in the same burst with Powder and Wolf. I'll hit him again.))
---

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: June 09, 2014, 04:45:46 am »

"Time we had best use optimally, unfortunately."

Cut open and fix. All or nothing. I assume that's a Mechanics roll, so utilize Enhance Attribute and bring up my Intelligence enough for a +5 bonus (81 points, presumably, which costs 30 HP, yes?).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:49:54 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:25 am »

((Sorry for not replying, I've been distracted a lot lately. And I'm slightly panicking about what little I can do here against this powerhouse... We've got to disrupt his energy draining somehow. Maybe by draining the energy first, or with shatter mind to cripple him...))

Open up with a -2 Neural Feedback at +15 Stamina. Then open fire with the rifle!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: June 09, 2014, 09:30:42 am »

((Well I'm waiting on you because I need directive here ._.
On that note: His taunt works perfectly. I've no idea what I'm up against! D:
*demoralized*))

"So we put down our weapons and confirm the illusion of the technocrats actually having power and then die, or we fight and we die. That's a brilliant suggestion. I like that man's ego! It's like he's blaming us for the deaths of everyone else they killed!

"Bloody technocrats can't even aim correctly."

(Is there anyway to overcharge a weapon I have, seeing some sort of ammunition in my inventory? Lessening durability//lifespan but increasing 'firepower' for the time being?)
Fire with the Broadbeam.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »

(Is there anyway to overcharge a weapon I have, seeing some sort of ammunition in my inventory? Lessening durability//lifespan but increasing 'firepower' for the time being?)
Fire with the Broadbeam.

((You can attempt to increase your weapon yield with a full turn mechanics roll. The effects if you fail... Well, it might be unpleasant.

Sorry, at lunch.  Can't talk much.))
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:22 pm »

Fire with the Broadbeam.

((You can attempt to increase your weapon yield with a full turn mechanics roll. The effects if you fail... Well, it might be unpleasant.

Sorry, at lunch.  Can't talk much.))
((Happy lunch! :) But a full turn mechanics roll? D: I'll stick with normal fire for now.))
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 602