Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526378 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Are You Anything More Than A Murderer?
« Reply #8730 on: April 15, 2014, 01:25:55 pm »

"I honestly don't know what your scientist could be talking about, and I'm prepared to swear on anything you'd like me to that I'm telling you the truth." Dom thought about it for a moment. "You should keep a close eye on him. How well do you know Dr. Fennec?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: April 15, 2014, 01:39:22 pm »

"I honestly don't know what your scientist could be talking about, and I'm prepared to swear on anything you'd like me to that I'm telling you the truth." Dom thought about it for a moment. "You should keep a close eye on him. How well do you know Dr. Fennec?"

[Hidden Roll] Moore grunts. "Fair enough, not that I can think of anything to swear on at the moment. Dr. Fennec was part of a forced unit exchange two months ago. It's a good story for a round of drinks, but the short version is that my unit burned down a colony governor's rather opulent home in order to solve a... situation. Dispatch decided that my discipline had grown to lax due to familiarity and swapped my troops around. I lost some of my best men, and they added three scientists, three engineers and five soldiers to my team. Fennec was one of the scientists."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: April 15, 2014, 01:47:48 pm »

"I see." Dom shifted her weight. "What do you propose we do, then?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: April 15, 2014, 07:17:07 pm »

"I see." Dom shifted her weight. "What do you propose we do, then?"

"That," The lieutenant says slowly, "is a bit of a problem. I always believed Fennec was set to watch me, but now I can't really trust him or you. On one hand, you're telling the truth. In that case, Fennec delivered a message to the wrong person. Maybe the message was mundane, maybe not. However, if you're lying... Fennec delivered a message to you, and the you're working together with a sub-directive that I never received." Moore sighs and finishes his glass. "For now, there's very little I can do besides give up to paranoia and blow this place to hell or continue on blind. Of the two, I'm not yet willing to-"
   Moore cuts off when the ships lighting flickers momentarily. He squints at the ceiling, unsnapping his pistol. "What the hell was that?"
   Then the lights shut off completely.

Emergency lighting cuts on almost instantaneously, but it begins to flicker fitfully moments after it turns on. [Observation 7] You can hear the sound of multiple faint thumps coming from outside the room.
    Moore grabs his helmet and presses against the inside, simulating a neck. "White! Report!" Nothing happens. "Argyle! Goddamnit, anyone!"

Your own helmet mic chirps conspicuously. "Dominique," Emily's voice comes through, bright and clear, "there are some very unusual readings we're getting. Did you introduce a virus into the power control substructure of docking station?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:02 pm »

(...Was that loud enough for Nathaniel to hear?)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: April 15, 2014, 07:27:47 pm »

(...Was that loud enough for Nathaniel to hear?)

Doubtful, considering that he's a couple planets away. For Moore it depends on whether you took your helmet off. If you did, yes. If you still have your helmet on, no. He might have heard a faint sound, but not much.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: April 15, 2014, 08:39:20 pm »

James' head snaps to the side as he looks at the technocrat getting his brains oh-so-suddenly blown out. "What the hell?! Oh, no time! He's over there!"
Point out the direction of the bleakman, look for some sort of cover, attempt to reach Iscariot and warn him of potential empathetic attack-- see if the nullification field, in fact, stops that from happening.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: April 16, 2014, 11:14:41 am »

(I thought Moore's name was Nathaniel. >.> Maybe I just misremembered.)

"Something's wrong. Get your armor on and let's go check." Dom looked at the door. "...I think your good doctor may have made his move. We need to find him and question him."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: April 16, 2014, 02:03:27 pm »

((Nathan, actually.

I can see how that might be confusing.))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: April 16, 2014, 02:10:13 pm »

(Oh yeah, Hoke is Nathaniel. Derp. :P)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: April 16, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

((perhaps trying to talk to my inner me is not the best use of my time in this situation
nonetheless, OH WELL))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: April 16, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

((Eh, well. The only reason there's a break between last turn and the actual ambush is to give Tiruin a chance to react to what he just witnessed. I've got big plans for that young man!))
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:02 pm »

((Aww, thanks :D
But I'm not James ;_;))

"What the hell?! Oh, no time! He's over there!"
Focus empathetics towards the general area of 'there' and try to scope out where the general problem is, there.

Unload suppressing fire with any automatic or burst-fire weapon I have available (even if it means the pistol) towards said area.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: April 16, 2014, 10:03:24 pm »

((Aww, thanks :D
But I'm not James ;_;))

((What? I never said you were. Granted, my pronouns could use clarity. I should have said,

"The only reason there's a break between last turn and the actual ambush is to give Tiruin a chance to react to what [Tyrin] just witnessed. I've got big plans for that young man!"

But I haven't directly referred to James yet. I don't think.))
---

Nunzillor

« Reply #8744 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:25 am »

(Tyrin saw Evans get liberated of half his jaw too)
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 602