Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526696 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Killing brain cells and giving guns to Teenagers
« Reply #8655 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »

"We can't think of that right now, we need to focus on staying alive as much as possible for however long we've got!" Anna replies before turning to the rest of the group.

"Right. Who here has explosives? Of any kind?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »

Tyrin looked at the ammunition they scavenged. "I doubt any of us have grenades or those sorts, but can't we improvise with what our extra ammunition has? I think I could try that bit. Being a...connoisseur in these sorts."

In truth, he wasn't, but he knew more about the general field of knowledge to get the idea that these items they carried had quite the amount of potential force within them.

"Why do you ask?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: March 03, 2014, 11:52:10 pm »

"I've got no explosives --besides a flechette rifle-- but I do know some kinetics."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: March 04, 2014, 10:12:32 am »

"I'm asking because if we have any, then we need to use them real soon." Anna replies tersely before turning to the Marshal. "Sir, do you think cover will help with what's coming? Or that we can somehow hide from him? If we can disguise ourselves somehow, we can play dead in these ruins. Maybe. What do you think?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37:47 am »

"I'm almost sure the bleakman --whatever it is-- is a psionic, given the... feeling he exudes, and if that is the case... wouldn't he just be able to detect our minds?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: March 04, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »

Tyrin pointed at the door (where the colonists went through for their tunnel), "Is it just me or did someone break in there?"

Hickie looks at the door appraisingly, then up at what's left of the sagging ceiling. "I would have guessed secondary damage from structural collapse. Not a lot worth breaking down in this place, and even less that's safe to break down."

"We can't think of that right now, we need to focus on staying alive as much as possible for however long we've got!" Anna replies before turning to the rest of the group.

"Right. Who here has explosives? Of any kind?"

[Luck 14] "One grenade," Feuer says, holding a small steel canister. "Concussion, from the prison's riot control armory. It's my very last one." Feuer shrugs and tucks the canister back. "Of course, Wigs and I can make things blow up with a bit of effort, and Wigs has a talent for making the explosions a bit delayed."
   [Feuer Intuition 12] Feuer heaves the heavy pulse laser up to his shoulder. "I'm also pretty sure these," Feuer grunts, gesturing to a trio of buttons on the side of the cannon. "Are fire selectors." The currently selected button depicts a large number of horizontal lines. The second button depicts a single thick line, ending in a sphere. The third button depicts a single line striking the ground, a second line coming down from above, and the ground erupting where the two lines meet.

(Both Wigs and Feuer have Detonate, Wigs also has Infuse)

"I'm asking because if we have any, then we need to use them real soon." Anna replies tersely before turning to the Marshal. "Sir, do you think cover will help with what's coming? Or that we can somehow hide from him? If we can disguise ourselves somehow, we can play dead in these ruins. Maybe. What do you think?"

"James is  right. If the Presbyter is looking for us, he'll find us," Feuer says. He starts to shake his head to cut the rest of the idea off, but then he stops, expression intent. "Although, If he isn't actively looking, we might be able to work something out. If all of us played dead, he'd run a thought over us and blow the cover as easy as breathing. If only a couple of us played dead, well, he might not bother looking to close at anything else while we're shooting at them. It's not perfect, but it would give a couple people the advantage of surprise."   

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: March 04, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

Anna hummed in thought. "What if we could hide our minds somehow so he passes over us? Like a modified mindbar or something? Reckon that could work?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: March 04, 2014, 02:52:21 pm »

Feuer grimaces. "Not much difference. If he isn't looking, he won't be able to pick much up. If he is looking... he can break through anything we have. What can be done by one can be undone by another, and that's not an escalation game we can afford to play. A modified bar might mean he has to be a little closer, but this is a man dispatched specifically to root out groups like ours. Hunting and killing those who attempt to hide is his job." The marshall looks up from the three buttons on the pulse laser. "Why, you have something specific in mind?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: March 04, 2014, 03:02:06 pm »

"This guy sounds like a psionic master... how protected is he against heavy weapons?" James hefts his flechette launcher to punctuate this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:25 pm »

"James is  right. If the Presbyter is looking for us, he'll find us," Feuer says. He starts to shake his head to cut the rest of the idea off, but then he stops, expression intent. "Although, If he isn't actively looking, we might be able to work something out. If all of us played dead, he'd run a thought over us and blow the cover as easy as breathing. If only a couple of us played dead, well, he might not bother looking to close at anything else while we're shooting at them. It's not perfect, but it would give a couple people the advantage of surprise."   

"Can we get all the help we can? Like, the colonists?" Tyrin gestured subtly towards that doorway-tunnel.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:03 pm »

"I was thinking that if we can manage to hide somehow so he passes over us, we can hit him in the rear when he engages another group and catch him by surprise. Might be able to overwhelm him that way."

Anna glances at the others.

"He's as protected as he wants to be and I don't think the colonists will be much help here. They'll only get themselves killed against this." A thought suddenly pops into Anna's mind as she looks back to the marshal.

"Say... How good do you think his endurance is? Can he withstand weapons fire for a long time with a shield or is he about the same as us?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:30 pm »

"I was thinking that if we can manage to hide somehow so he passes over us, we can hit him in the rear when he engages another group and catch him by surprise. Might be able to overwhelm him that way."

Anna glances at the others.

"He's as protected as he wants to be and I don't think the colonists will be much help here. They'll only get themselves killed against this." A thought suddenly pops into Anna's mind as she looks back to the marshal.

"Say... How good do you think his endurance is? Can he withstand weapons fire for a long time with a shield or is he about the same as us?"

"Tricky. He's strong enough that he can force his own blood to flow if you put one through his heart, splint shattered bones, and turn himself into a meat puppet if need be. He's still human, so a lucky shot will weaken him, and a shot to the head will put him out same as anyone. He'll be able to intercept and disrupt pain signals at will, so just putting him in an armlock won't do much good." The Marshal pauses for a moment, considering. "If he's already wrapped himself in a shield, he'll take a lot of weapons fire to bring down. If he isn't... Well, he'll still be tough bastard, but much more manageable."

"Can we get all the help we can? Like, the colonists?" Tyrin gestured subtly towards that doorway-tunnel.

Feuer's expression darkens. "No. All they'd be good for is becoming meat-puppets and working against us. I'm not in the mood to shoot through a bunch of mind-controlled civilians today. Listen to your captain; unless you're willing to consider a forced link, they're better off out of the way." Feuer shakes his head after he finishes, emphasizing the last comment. "We have to draw the line somewhere, and that's mine. I'll put a gun in the hands of every colonist and march them into a 'crat army for a last charge if I think it will buy us one more day, but I will not steal their minds."
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: March 05, 2014, 02:58:05 am »

"Disrupt his own pain signals? I didn't know we could do that... Definitely something to learn later. How much endurance has he got psionic wise though? If we can, we could do hit and runs on him to wear him down and strike hard when he's weak from holding up those shields, doing attacks and managing his injuries at the same time."

Anna looked down at the laser that the marshal is carrying for a moment.

"I have a feeling that thing you're carrying, any explosives we have, surprise attacks, concentrated fire and quick thinking are going to be how we could win this. We need to hit him hard and with overwhelming power, so that he has to divide his attention between attacking us, defending himself and fixing any damage. He may be powerful but he still has a human mind, which means he won't be able to multitask perfectly and he'll slip up eventually if we keep the pressure on. What do you think sir?"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: March 05, 2014, 07:19:40 am »

Evan listens intensely to the conversation, saying nothing at first. When Feuer mentions playing dead, however, a small smirk finds it's way onto his face. This is just getting too perfect. The smile dies instantly when he thinks that, and Evan frowns. Whenever things start to go well, it means that the shit is only going to hit the fan that much harder. After a few moments, he shrugs. If that's what's going to happen, that's what will happen, and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. "Hey, I could be one of the ones playing dead. He smiles grimly. "In fact, I think that's what they were hoping for when they sent me here.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:51 am »

James makes some uncomfortable noises for a few seconds.
Try to find out why I'm so itchy
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 602