Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526942 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Death of a Thousand Cuts
« Reply #8595 on: February 02, 2014, 10:26:48 pm »

((Fun fact, I completely and totally forgot to update Alonso and Basilio's positions over the last two turns, so they were stranded somewhere in Hammerspace until about five minutes ago.

Oops.

3/5 people's turns are done.

))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:15:18 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: February 02, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »

((Actually, I have already posted my action. Look back further in the thread. Tiruin, you still need to post a second action.))

"Right. Then let's be god damn heroes." Anna replied, determination showing clearly on her face. "We need to prepare as much as we can for the presbyter, which means finding as many unchained and useful equipment as possible, and then getting to a good ambush site. Maybe the colonist knows where we could get something useful, like where we could get explosives, weapons or at least somewhere where we can hammer the incoming bastard?

In any case, right now we need to patch ourselves up quickly, then move to a better position. I'll try to get my breath back as quickly as possible, then change into a better suit of armor. We can divide up the weapons and ammo as we move. Sound good?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: February 02, 2014, 11:25:20 pm »

((Actually, I have already posted my action. Look back further in the thread. Tiruin, you still need to post a second action.))

"Right. Then let's be god big damn heroes." Anna replied, determination showing clearly on her face.

FTFY
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:32 am »

((But I'm waiting on Frosty! D: It isn't a full action when I've to guess the benevolent intentions of our friend..))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: February 03, 2014, 04:57:28 am »

((I think you're waiting on each other to do something first... Maybe you should do something and make an adjustment to it by adding 'keep an eye on Damien' to it.))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: February 03, 2014, 06:46:40 am »

((Curses didn't see this))
Damien clears his throat. It's not particularly loud, but it is very clear. "Umm... Excuse me." He looks around at the gathered Unchained. "Now, I realize that y'all are have a bit of a moment right now, but I don't particularly appreciate being ignored." He sighs softly and pauses, as if unsure how to continue from this point. "I guess we should start with names. Mine's Swanson. Evan Swanson." Damien reached into his pack and brought out his field surgery kit. "Now, who here needs help?"
Evan, huh? ...
I do like how we all talked and didn't say each other's name-well, except for the Marshall. That's my mistake. Anyway.

"I'm Tin. Tin Levrs." ...Nice. My one opportunity to bluff. And it has to be intentional. Woohoo. Bah, honesty is the best way. "And given that my friend said you're a telepath or whatever-those-are, you do know we're quite...lacking any much time, right? Minutes? Like, not enough to perform any surgery?"

Dear goodness I do not want to be backstabbed by a needle.

"Anyway, we need all the help we can get-do you know any places we can run to for help? Armored cars? Any vehicle inbound?" Tyrin said, still pointing his gun at the man.
There's no way he can pick that up while my allies are busy...recovering.
"Also...you're a technocrat, right? How'd you know how to operate that rifle?"

Me and Fr0stByt3 need to act soon, along with Zako. :P

"Evan" shakes his head almost sadly. "Nope, nothing of the sort. My only support was that gunship, and well," He chuckles mirthlessly, "they kinda suffered from an unexpected complication. Namely, a mid-air collision. As for knowing how to use that rifle," Evan scowled deeply just then. "I apparently don't." He smiles at Tin. "As for time, let them come and I'll introduce them to a friend of mine. His name is Death." At that he shrugs noncommittally and sits cross-legged on the ground, waiting for what may come.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:13 am »

"You are one strange man, Evan. Thanks for that, though."

Tyrin tried to...extend his intuition towards where the colonists fled--he remembered Cid..or probably someone else(?) note a tunnel, and to 'not open it for anyone, even me'.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:35 am »

"Hey, wait!" Evan calls out to Tin. "Take this!" He tosses the Field Surgery Kit to him with an underhanded throw.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: February 03, 2014, 10:05:26 am »

((I can't resist xD

That must be a bomb. IT MUST BE.
Otherwise: I am SO confused. Why do you confuse both me and my character.  :'(
Darn you're good at this.))

Addendum: Return thankful gesture

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: February 03, 2014, 10:07:07 am »

[Nope. Genuine FSK. I promise. Trust me, you'll know when I stab you in the back. When we fight, you will be awake and you will be armed.]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: February 06, 2014, 12:42:19 am »

Dominique Wakeman

Dom grimaced and fired the shotgun at the man; not aiming anywhere specifically, just going for a general torso shot in the hopes of stunning or downing him. If this guy could do that, she had no idea what he was capable of.

Should've killed the fucker the second I had the chance. Damn it.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Gunfire blazes in the wake of the Gibbering man's scream. The entire squad of HazRec marines opens fire; four assault rifles opening up at almost point blank range. (Gibbering Man HP -10, -13, -10, -17, -7, -12, -16, -8, -8, -12, -16, -7, -13, -18. -19, -14, -8, -10, -16.) Near misses send shockwaves of light through the walls, and direct hits paint over them with blood.
   The engineer flees to the safety of the squad in the opposite corridor. [Soak 7] [Mobility 6-3] Completely destabilized by the scream,  the engineer is able to do little more than make it to correct side of the hallway and hold on.
   The Scientist follows, [Soak 17. Two more saves necessary.] shaking through the effects surprisingly well. [mobility 9] He manages, if only just, to make it into the more protected corridor.
   Moore [Soak 1] falls to his knees, still clutching his helmet and yelling incoherently into his mic.
   The barrage from the HazRec marines has reduced the Gibbering man to a perforated parody of a human being, but, somehow, impossibly, he's still standing. [Soak 19. One more save necessary] You power through your disorientation and fire the Cerico. This bastard was probably already dead, but it didn't hurt to sweep both feet into the grave. [Quickshot 20+1, 8-1] (Gibbering Man Hp -12, -8, -13, -13) You misjudge the kickback slightly, and only the first shell hits, but that's still enough to annihilate a chunk of the unarmored man's chest.
    The torn flesh-doll that is all that's left of the Gibbering man shouldn't have been capable of standing- it shouldn't have been capable of living. Yet, it refuses to fall. Its flesh writhes, and you watch in horror as it sheds the first bullet from its skin. [Failed roll not shown] Even as it lunges for the mostly incapacitated lieutenant, the Gibbering man's flesh regenerates. Spent bullets and shotgun pellets fall like rain, and in the space of a breath the Gibbering man is restored from completely shattered to whole. His clothing is tattered, but there isn't even a splash of blood remaining on his skin. [Melee 14+1 Vs Dodge 5-3] The regenerated gibbering man grabs the lieutenant by the shoulders and hauls, running straight back into Dominique. [Growth 12, -97 Health] Massive, painfully misshapen muscles ripple across the gibbering man's body a split second before impact, and he smashes into Dominique with the strength of a young god, [Enhanced Strength 97, no activation] [Brawl 15+7 Vs Soak 2+1] knocking her aside as he flees from the HazRec squad. 
    Alonso and Basilio both move up to defend you, but are unable to make take a clear shot at the gibbering man from behind the HazRec marines.

(Total Damage dealt to Gibbering man: 427)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Ashley Fey

Check the supplies, and Comm Dominique

"I'm having trouble getting through, can you help in any way?"

[Observation 8+1] You appear to have exactly what you thought you had, nothing more.  Unfortunate, considering that what you have isn't anything to write home about. If you had some way to contact Dominique, you might be able to convince her to help get you through... [Intuition 20+1] You call up Dom's I.S and ask her to monitor all communications coming on detectable channels, then use that to attempt to get a lock on Dominique.
   The I.S replies by telling you that she has been doing this for some time now, and has already isolated Dominique's frequency. "I was designed in part for surveillance," Emily says apologetically. "I cannot help Dominique if I cannot watch her. Dominique is currently holding position, multiple other receivers are near her position. She can receive on both a general and command frequency, but neither frequency is secure."
    Your mouth is open to reply when sounds of staccato gunfire reach your ears. The sound is muffled and curiously echoed, but you'd recognize the sounds of a firefight anywhere.
   "I'm reading stressed voices, inarticulate screaming, and a great deal of vulgar language and profanity on the general channel," Emily says a moment after you identify the sound. "Dominique appears to in combat. She may be busy, would you still like to send a message?"

Spoiler:  Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

Oh God. Something else was approaching, another psionic... and, if this impression were to judge, a psionic far worse than the machine of speed he had just fought. James was horribly wounded. Tarran was unconscious and doing God only knows how badly. They couldn't fight, there was no chance of it- James'd get slaughtered, and then probably Tarran too. James could only hope he could run. And maybe if he couldn't possibly run the way the bleakman was heading, maybe... he could run in a totally different direction. After all, if he could escape the psionic's attention and radius, maybe he could escape. As such, James slung Tarran over his shoulder and tried to get moving.
Pick up Tarran, get him to the top of the ship, move out of the ship, grab him again, and run perpendicular to the path of the bleakman.

[Enhanced Strength 49, activated] [Strength 9+1+5] You drag Tarran up and out of the Virtue with no small amount of effort, slinging the wounded man over your shoulder as carefully as possible. You have a feeling medical personnel would object to your use of the word 'sling' and 'careful' in the same thought. [Stamina 11, no regen this round] You know the bleakness is coming from the north and heading south, and you know there's a pissed off synthetic to the east, so good reason and sound logic dictate that you should be heading west.  Heading west, a simple action entailing dismounting a burning ship with a mostly dead rebel officer slung over your shoulder.
   You half slide and half jump off the west side of the ship, [Mobility 10-1][Passive kinetics 14+1] landing solidly, if clumsily, on the other side and start moving at the fastest jog that you can sustain. [Mobility 21] Which, as it turns out, is a pretty decent clip. The proper motivation can work wonders.
   You run is halted prematurely, however, by the presence of a colonist structure. There are no doors or windows on your side, and it's made from the same scrapped cruiser components as most of the other colony buildings. The building forces you to either turn to the north; parallel and opposite to the direction of the bleakman, or south; parallel and with the direction of the bleakman. You might find a door to enter the building on either side, and the closest corner is to the south.

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Anna Witheld

Rest as best as possible. Think over what we could do to stand up to such a threat.

[Stamina 15+1] (+16 Stamina) You catch your breath while the marshal fills you in, recovering a little of your equilibrium. Even if the presbyter has been wounded to a mere quarter of his capacity, you're going to need every reserve of strength to hold your own.
   [Intuition 3] You have a few interesting ideas on how to utilize the presbyter's weaknesses, but you're unable to build off of them. You hope that a few good ideas are enough to even the odds, because that's all you have at the moment.

Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin Laveros

Tyrin tried to...extend his intuition towards where the colonists fled--he remembered Cid..or probably someone else(?) note a tunnel, and to 'not open it for anyone, even me'.

Finding out where the colonists hid should, at the very least, give you more defensible position. Hopefully it will also come with potential allies and perhaps the ability to avoid the presbyter entirely, but that's probably hoping for a bit much. [P.Empathetics 17+1] You can feel them... South and east, inside the mostly destroyed building, and beneath it. The tunnel that the colonist mentioned probably led to some form of cellar, dug out under the cannibalized colonizer.
     You also feel another pair of minds, in a very faint and distorted way, from inside the outermost edge of the field of bleakness. North and east of your current location. One of them is very slightly familiar, the other... You're not sure. He's either a stranger, or the next best thing to one.

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)

---

Damien Smith

"Hey, wait!" Evan calls out to Tin. "Take this!" He tosses the Field Surgery Kit to him with an underhanded throw.

You toss your surgery kit to the rebel who hadn't wanted to kill you or tear your brain to shreds right off the bat. It's a small gesture, but sometimes the little things matter. Particularly when it comes to building much needed trust. [Soak 21] You focus on repairing the damage to your mind. The unchained psionic did a number on you, a hair's breadth from breaking something important, but the momentary calm allows you to wipe away most of the fog she stuffed in your head. You need to be clear now, clear and sharp.
   The coming decision will be interesting.

One of the rebels approaches you shortly into your respite. He looks at you with a mixture of exhaustion and perfectly reasonable suspicion. "Marshal gave you something to do," he says, throwing a first aid kit in your lap. "See that it gets done. We need all hands, regardless of how much blood they have on them."

Spoiler:  Damien Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Feuer's Team

[Psionic Stamina 22] (Stamina +22) [Wigs Stamina 16] (Stamina 16) The psionic Feuer called Jeremiah trades Hickie back his rifle and lies down as the marshal had suggested. Hickie stays with him for a moment, resting with him and making sure the linkshock is producing no other lasting effects. Both of them look noticeably better after a brief respite. Hickie eventually rises, giving Damien a medical kit as he was instructed before taking inventory of the spoils of the fight.
    [Colonist will 6][Diplomacy 13] Despite having numerous bloody wounds, Wigs does a decent job of calming the colonist down. Unfortunately, that's all he seems to have managed. The colonist is pretty far into the shady side of shellshocked. Watching that last fight, with its unabashed display of psionics, seems to have left him mostly non-responsive.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:01:55 am by Draignean »
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: February 06, 2014, 01:32:42 am »

"Right, now let's get our shit sorted then. There's no time to loose and we'll have to sort out the details as we move." Anna said as she made her way back over to the dead technocrats.

"Tyrin, load up. Time's short and we can't stay here for long. Get the ammo for that anti-armor rifle from the 'crat over there, we may need it and he doesn't."

Change from my suit of armor into the best condition armor from the loot pile then grab the fully loaded Assault Rifle, a clip of ammo for it, the .30 clip and a energy cell. Give the other assault rifle as well as 2 clips for it and a energy cell to Tyrin. Put the reflex sight on my new assault rifle and then catch my breath. Hand off my Renfield and the ammo for it to Feur's squad if they want it, as well as one of my knives. Also grab the blade and a light pistol, unloading one of the others to get the fresh clip and handing the last one to Tyrin along with the spare clip for it.

((Edited action in light of sick scavenging skillz. Also, are you sure that's all they had on them Draig? What about secondary weapons? The Destroyer's blade? Any mods already attached to weapons?))

((Double edit ftw?))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:17:18 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: February 06, 2014, 07:45:39 am »

"I still wonder why I can't get the rifle itself," Tyrin said, half-jokingly to Anna. "However I may really want to ask you a favor-since we need all hands here, and we're quite not in a situation where being outnumbered helps-could I ask you to contact the colonists? The ones...who fled back there?"

He gestured with his head towards that building they were just in.

"They're underground."

Get that rifle-along with any useable accessories from the dead.
Patch up the rest, and help them regain stability and composure.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: February 06, 2014, 07:58:05 am »

"Tell her I am on my way"

Head towards Dominique's location, if anyone has energy weapons activate the stormcrow implants, otherwise evaluate when I arrive
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:19 am »

Evan shrugs. "Yeah, sure. Quick question, though. Can I have my gun back? 'Cause from what I've heard, I'll probably need it soon." Evan waits for a reply and then gets up and looks for the Unchained who is hurt the most. "I gotta say, you guys really know how to take a punch, if you know what I mean. Most people would have given up long ago." He pauses, then adds, "Not that I'm suggesting you should, far from it. I just never expected this level of courage from a bunch of backwater colonists who're pretty much armed with only modified cleaning lasers." As he walks, Evan begins to check his weapons once again, and to reload what he can. Some might call it paranoia, but it is never a bad idea to be absolutely certain that your guns won't fail on you at a critical moment. Never. "Say, do you have a name? Or should I just address you as 'You there'?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:44:24 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 602