Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527256 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Disease of the Mind
« Reply #8490 on: December 25, 2013, 01:40:42 pm »

((Ladies and Gentlemen... THE POWER OF EMPATHETICS!!! Wow... I really gotta get myself mindfire later on...))

'Got you, you little bastard. Let's see how you like a taste of that!' the collective Anna thought to themselves in satisfaction, before doing the sensible thing in the situation.

"Enemy psionic in the rear!" The linked psionics reported simultaneously to the Marshal before focusing back on the immediate challenge. It was time to mop these guys up, without ideally having to go into exhaustion, which meant that it was time to get nasty...

The Destroyer will throw aside his main weapon, quickly take off his helmet and commit suicide with his blade.

Wait for the neural feedback to weaken Damien further before hitting him with Shatter Mind! While waiting, use an Override on the fleeing sniper to make him misstep and fall flat on his face. Then use a level 4 Surge (no mod) on the trooper.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: December 26, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »

James frowned, heavily. He didn't have much choice but to try and kill the guy, did he...? Well, he could try otherwise, maybe with a hit to the legs.
Punch the wight, Simone's Song included, in the legs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

"...Fuck. I didn't actually think to ask Taric for authorization codes," Dom muttered to herself. That was just like her, to forget such a simple yet very important detail like that. "Emily, Ashley, either of you know any authorization codes to transmit? Especially for someone of Harlequin rank?" If they didn't, Dom would have to bluff her way past.

"There is a fifteen character code printed on the back of the Harlequin's ID that will call her rank and active status to their systems," Emily supplies immediately. "I do not know if that will be enough for what they require."

((Ladies and Gentlemen... THE POWER OF EMPATHETICS!!! Wow... I really gotta get myself mindfire later on...))

((Indeed. It's good to have someone capable of delivering a demonstration.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: December 27, 2013, 01:35:33 am »

"Oh, right. Thanks, Emily. You're a good one," Dom said warmly, before looking at her ID and reading the code. Once she knew it, she approached the coms and activated them. "Teras Station, this is Harlequin Aoibheann, ID {15 character code}. Report your situation immediately," Dom said, in her most 'I'm ready to kill someone' tone.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: December 28, 2013, 12:19:30 am »

"Wait, wait, wait! I'm on your side, see?" Damien shoots the fleeing Technocrat in the back with his Abassy.
((Ahh the benefits of not having any real insignia on yourself but a chain of intangible command. Best idea I've seen yet. xD))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: December 28, 2013, 12:39:28 am »

"Oh, right. Thanks, Emily. You're a good one," Dom said warmly, before looking at her ID and reading the code. Once she knew it, she approached the coms and activated them. "Teras Station, this is Harlequin Aoibheann, ID {15 character code}. Report your situation immediately," Dom said, in her most 'I'm ready to kill someone' tone.

A brief silence follows as the unseen man reviews your credentials, then there's a grunt from the other end of the line. It's difficult to tell whether the noise is satisfied or irritated. "We've been expecting somebody like you. We'll open the clamps on 3B, right next to us, so you can dock when ready. Engineers are breaking through the outer doors now, estimated ten minutes 'til they burn through."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: December 28, 2013, 01:08:57 am »

"What part of 'report your situation immediately' did you not understand?" Dom asked in her iciest tone. "If I have to ask again, there will be consequences. Do you comprehend?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: December 28, 2013, 01:41:38 am »

[Intimidate 5 Vs ?] The man on the other end sighs. "Well, Harlequin, there's this big ass space station out here. Should see it on your left if you've got a window. One of our shrewd, magnanimous, and incredibly handsome overseers decided we should all be whisked off here to assess the situation and 'render all aid and services necessary' to Teras station. So, long story short, we arrive, force a dock open, and find the place under lockdown. Now, considering that the powers decided send my squad in with full kit to 'render all aid', and further considering that a frosty Harlequin just showed up with a burr in her panties, I'm starting to think I'm actually the least qualified person here to 'report the situation'."
   There's an edge to the man's voice now. He still sounds tired, but anger is starting to seep through. "But, considering that you are a mighty Harlequin and I'm just a poor grunt, here's your report: This station is locked tighter than a quartermaster's cabinets, nobody seems to be home, and there seems to have been an incident in the Hotlabs. Power is on, but the system is locked out. Of course, you already know most of this, so how about you do both of us a hand and tell me why we've really been sent here. I don't know if I can 'comprehend' all the reasons why the Technocracy keeps running, but, based on personal experience, my men do best when we're told what we're supposed to be shooting at." The speaker's tone suddenly shifts, trading its angry tone for one of deadpan neutrality.  "A little bit of info goes a long way in reducing friendly fire situations."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: December 28, 2013, 01:49:08 am »

Dom decided to throw the guy a bone. Even if she had to act like a total bitch she could make a few concessions in the interest of not being shot in the back. "I know nothing of the hotlabs - only that there is a situation. I was sent here to oversee a transfer of test subjects, but was delayed en route. I am as in the dark about what happened here as you are. I believed you were station personnel and could explain." She sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Very well. I'll work alongside your men until we can properly assess the situation and see what must be done. Who am I addressing?"

Talking all fancy-pants like that was starting to get on her nerves, but she had to keep it up. Her boss's boss had been like that, so she figured anyone with a bit of authority sounded like a pompous douchebag.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:04 am »

"Huh," the man on the other end mutters. "Then I suppose we're both up shit creek. Name is Nathan Moore, First Lieutenant, Hazardous Recon platoon one-aught-seven. If we happen to run across the people you're looking for, you're welcome to take them. Might be a bit problematic for you to just reach in and take 'em though. You have any other soldiers under you?"

You're sure that a Harlequin outranks a first lieutenant by a lot, but he seems to addressing you as though you were an equal. Lack of respect for authority is an odd trait in a Technocrat officer.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: December 28, 2013, 02:22:06 am »

Dom decided not to answer that question directly. "I suppose they thought sending me was quite enough for the previous situation. This new information about the hotlabs, however..." She trailed off. She didn't like going in there blind, and probably alone. She didn't know if Ashley and Harry would want to get involved. If they did, well, their help would not be unwelcome... but she wouldn't be surprised if they decided to steal a shuttle of their own once on-board.

"Keep in mind, Lieutenant Moore, that I outrank you. You know your men better than I do and so I'll leave their command to you and work with your unit, but I'm going to follow my own lead and if I ask you or your people to do something I expect it to be done with no questions." She hated saying it, but a role was a role. "I'll try my best to keep you and your men alive. I'm not in the habit of throwing away assets and resources carelessly. And while we're on this subject and waiting for my ship to dock, can you tell me about the men under your command? I would like to know the people I'll be working alongside."

Dom crossed her fingers. Hopefully she had hit the right combination of bitchy and reliable to convince this guy she was someone to take seriously.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: December 28, 2013, 02:44:45 am »

[Gather information 16+1] Moore grunts again. "Duly noted. I have four squads, ten men each. Two infantry, one engineering, one scientific and medical. Infantry squads are standard, two fireteams in each squad. Leanashe assault rifles for riflemen, Surma's for the designated gunners. Engineering squad is opped for non-combatant rolls, but they've all got shotguns. Science and medical team are white collar, not much use in a fight, but they aren't going to get put in one if I can help it."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: December 28, 2013, 03:03:20 am »

Dom nodded before realizing the man couldn't see her over the radio. "Noted. I'm docking now. We'll speak again in person." Dom deactivated the com system and addressed Emily next. "Emily, take us in to 3B, please." Now all that was left was waiting to move out...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: December 28, 2013, 03:04:56 am »

((Hey Draig, did I put up a sheet? I can't find myself on the waitlist and for the life of me I cannot recall if I actually made the sheet.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: December 28, 2013, 03:41:33 pm »

Ashley sighs in relief good they bought it

"although walking into the situation that seems to exist there is going to make this harder"

Prepare to dock
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 602