Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527487 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Disease of the Mind
« Reply #8430 on: November 15, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

((Cool beans. Got a question about it though: Does it handle psionic powers and abilities? True, that may not be required for it's primary purpose, namely doing all the math stuff for firing guns, but I'm curious to see if it does handle them.))

((It will, however those will be handled by a separate series of subroutines custom constructed for each attack. Psionic attacks are very different from one another, so I can't just create template text files and plug numbers in. Each one of our psionic chocolates is masterfully hand crafted and garnished with unnecessary violence.

Just finished teaching the program how to do the multiple attacks from a shotgun blast differently than the multiple attacks from an assault weapon. I also now have it correctly applying range bonuses to damage/accuracy when I flip the IsEnergy bool. As soon as I get the FullAuto running properly (Which will, by strange coincidence once again, be the 22nd variable declared for weapons), and load the 32 other weapons, 14 other armors, and all relevant players and enemies onto the .d22 file format, most all of the combat will be completely streamlined.

Slight changes you may notice as a result...
1. Burst attacks have a higher chance of hitting something than a single attack. Before, the chances for a burst hitting at all were exactly equal to the chances of landing a quickshot, bursts just had a chance to hit multiple times.
2. You will see fewer extended rolls and extended damage notation in combat. Before a Burst Attack against a psionic went [Quickshot (Potentially Vs Dodge)] [FireControl] (Armor -x1, -x2, -x3, -x4. HP -y1,-y2)
Now the program will condense this to potentially just (Armor -X, HP -Y). It will have rolled [Quickshot] [FireControl1] [FireControl2] [FireControl3] [FireControl4] [FireControl5] (Armor -x1,-x2,-x3,-x4. HP -y1,-y2), but it may not be shown.
))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: November 16, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »

In the middle of combat, James didn't have a lot of time to think. But close range came pretty naturally to him, and the Irin had obliterated the thing's armor, so...
James fires his shotgun at the Wight and if he has time punches it with his punch-gun hand.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »

In the middle of combat, James didn't have a lot of time to think. But close range came pretty naturally to him, and the Irin had obliterated the thing's armor, so...
James fires his shotgun at the Wight and if he has time punches it with his punch-gun hand.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: November 16, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »

((I know the Song is attached to your wrist, but I'm not going to let you do both in same round. If the Irin was one handed, yes, but it's a shotgun and still has pretty significant kickback.))

((I know the Song is attached to your wrist, but I'm not going to let you do both in same round. If the Irin was one handed, yes, but it's a shotgun and still has pretty significant kickback.))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:30:10 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »

Just the shotty then.
Also, dat double response.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: November 16, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »

Just the shotty then.
Also, dat double response.

((Done.

Double response seemed fitting in the light of the double post. ))

---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: November 17, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »

anounce presence

((lemme go search for what the suggestions were again, sorry had a fair bit on my mind

Edit: okay I think I like this one: Duelist implants with core conduits running through them, allowing the synthetic to ram them into sources in order to drain energy.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:33:10 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: November 17, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »

((Sorry. Slow ISP things are really hindering my ability to post. ESPECIALLY anything with a large text amount..wherein it won't even load ~15 minutes after. >.>))

Invisibility? That's a good plan, either way. Argh..cursed heat weapons.

Thank you Anna.

Follow the Marshal's plan and aim to disable/weaken than kill. Only fire when the others retaliate. Do a quick patch-up on either myself or any allies--whoever has the lowest 'hp' or seems to be in need of it more.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: November 17, 2013, 04:59:12 pm »

((Huh. Apparently PM's are more effective than staring silently at people. Who knew?
Wolf, your choice has been noted I also find your action very strange.))

anounce presence

You announce your presence to space. Space is silent. The air is thick with tension.
   Dominique's IS companion breaks the silence. "Mrs. Wakeman would like to know if you would like some prisoners. Do you have use for Technocrat fugitives which may be the victim of unknown experimentation?" 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:02:57 pm by Draignean »
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:29 pm »

((Huh. Apparently PM's are more effective than staring silently at people. Who knew?
Wolf, your choice has been noted I also find your action very strange.))
((I had the reply tab open for a long time but then failure to send + 504/non-send happened :<
Because I did a loooong post. And I'm sad I had to go for brevity.))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: November 17, 2013, 09:11:54 pm »

Damien continues to move north, seeing as how the others seemed to have things slightly under control. "Looks like you guys have everything under control. Still, keep your eyes peeled. Do not, repeat do not let your guard down for any reason. Even if it looks like they're gone, just assume they're setting up an ambush." He pauses here, then adds, "It's what I would do. Outnumbered, probably outgunned? Only way to win is surprise." As he moves, he impulsively checks his weapons and makes sure they're in perfect condition. It simply wouldn't do for one of his guns to jam at an inopportune moment, after all. "So don't be surprised."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: November 18, 2013, 01:18:10 am »

((Zako, Tiruin, Frost, you have any objections to me condensing a few turns together in your next round? It will take more than one mobility roll to get the bad guys up there, and I don't want a bunch of pointless slowdown turns.))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:53 am »

Dom eyed the open bar. She would dearly love more than a few shots right now to steady her nerves, but showing up with even a bit of alcohol on her breath probably wouldn't help her cover any. And being drunk probably wouldn't do her any favors either. She sighed and leaned back. "Emily, mind giving me some of the files of the other 'patients' at Teras station, so I can get an idea of what I'll be working with here?"

If Emily acquiesces, Dom spends the turn looking at those files.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: November 18, 2013, 06:44:24 am »

((Zako, Tiruin, Frost, you have any objections to me condensing a few turns together in your next round? It will take more than one mobility roll to get the bad guys up there, and I don't want a bunch of pointless slowdown turns.))
Nah, I don't mind.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: November 18, 2013, 11:48:35 am »

Go for it. We're only gonna wait until they are in position anyway. :P
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 602