Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527497 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Leaving ground.
« Reply #8415 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:46 am »

((Wolf, I'm going to auto you if you don't post soon. If you can post 13 times in Rise of the Magic girls, you damn well have the time to post once here.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: November 12, 2013, 08:01:16 pm »

((Wolf, I'm going to auto you if you don't post soon. If you can post 13 times in Rise of the Magic girls, you damn well have the time to post once here.))
((Out of context, this is amusing. xP))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: November 13, 2013, 06:54:01 am »

Input the co-ordinates to the station

((sorry, and thank you for PMing me))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:59 am »

((sorry, and thank you for PMing me))

((Much better.
Now I don't have to do anything dental and bloody.

Edit: Finished the written of the turn. Just have to do stats and maps.))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:58:41 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:44 pm »

James Evan

Try to warn Iscariot of possible incoming empathetic attack; run up as close to I can to this guy and shotgun him. If I am not able to, perform a slam on the ground under him with the goal of shifting the ground enough to knock him over.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The Technocrat saves you the trouble of having to get closer by bounding forward. Blades of shining metal, perfect replicas of Ashley's, slide out of his armored forearms and lock outstretched as he charges. [Wight Melee 3+1, 5+1 VS James Dodge 14, 15] The charge is clumsy, relying on surprise more than skill to skewer you. You parry one blade with the Irin and duck the other, coming up behind the Technocrat, shotgun ready.
    [Melee 6 Vs Wight Dodge 4+1] [Quickshot 20] The cybernetic whirls to knock the gun away, but they have a lot farther to go than your trigger finger does. (Wight Armor -74, Hp -1 29 negated) Burning blue light slams into the Technocrat, stripping layers of armor away as the Irin's blast heats plating to boiling and tears it away in waves. You blink the afterimage away and find the cybernetic still standing, looking far more angry than hurt.

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
---

Tyrin and Anna

"Yes sir, but I sure hope you know where we're pulling back to!" Anna replied back to the marshal before turning to look at Tyrin. "Tyrin, get ready to haul ass. When they go, we go with them. Stay close, ok?"

Pull back fully behind cover and rest. Prepare to run with the Marshal when he moves.

Shields up and running, and enemy fire able to graze the trench. I wonder who else is out there given the firefight ensuing right in front of me.

Tyrin mused on the notion of Technocrat forces flanking them. Nobody would try their back--or..as far as his intuition went, or would try the far end of the fence. The rubble would serve as good cover, he thought, relating to his experiences as a dealer in times gone past on how...security raids were planned out.

Try to move to the left of the ruined building and check for anyone on that side.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tyrin investigates the western corner of the building. [Mobility 2] The through-and-through in his side sends a spike of pain through his body as he stands. The pain fades, and the wound subsides to an expected level of agony, but Tyrin's first few standing movements are breathless and awkward, taking him only a few strides.
   The sniper [soak 13] fights through the pain, but continues to struggle with his jerking body. [Quickshot 5-4-3+1+2] [Luck 19] He tries to shoot someone, anyone, but misses wildly once again, emptying the railgun's cell and magazine into thin air.
   The wounded trooper continues his suicidal charge across the field, driven to stupidity by a mixture of arrogance, zealotry, and natural raw material. [Mobility 10]
  [Mobility 1] Damien verbally lashes the Destroyer through the radio, [Intimidate 9 Vs Will 4] completely fixating on verbally battering the grunt into submission. The destroyer, bred and born to knuckle down to authority, submits. "Yes, sir. Command Acknowledged, shoot to suppress and injure. No kill."
   The sharpshooter fires a quick pair of rounds at Wigs, [Marksman 8+1-1-4, 17-2-2] [Finesse 9-1, sighting lost] piercing the shield and clipping the psionic once before the recoil makes him lose his target. (Shield -11, Wigs Armor -6, 3 negated)
   The Destroyer relays Damien's message to the rest of the troops, ensuring they aim to cripple, not kill.
   The second trooper moves up, [Mobility 9] still sticking to caution over speed.
   "Alright," the marshal snarls, an odd smile lighting his face. "Pull back, and make it showy!" [Mobility 14+1] Feuer's actions follow his words, and he scrambles out of the mini-trench, throwing up far more earth than is actually necessary.
     Both psionics follow suit, each loosing a few shots to make absolutely certain that there is no way the Technocrats can miss their reatreat. [Psionic 1 Mobility 15, Psionic 2 Mobility 11+1]
    Anna, meanwhile, falls back from the corner to stand with the Marshal. [Stamina 12] (Stamina +6)
   Wigs, meanwhile, digs himself deeper into the trench [strength 20], laying completely flat and covering himself with earth. After a moment, it's impossible to discern if there's anything else in the trench besides turned earth.

The Marshal's savage smile broadens when everyone manages to pull out of the trench successfully. "Waters have been chummed, we've haven't got long before we have start fishing or get eaten. See that rock," Feuer says, pointing to a distinctive white rock a short distance north and west. "That's where we're going to make our stand. Captain Witheld, get your boy over here and lead a link with those two," he adds, gesturing to the other psionics that just crawled out of the trench. "Stick close to me. I'm going to lay down one of my specialty veils, and I don't want them seeing us until its too damn late. After I give you the signal, or if they react to us, hit them hard and fast. Disable as many as you can, as fast as you can. Wigs and I are going to catch them between use and turn them into paste. The kid can help you or help us, I don't care as long as he waits to fire with the rest of us.  Any questions?"

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

---

Ashley Fey

Input the co-ordinates to the station

You address the I.S program slowly and carefully. A facsimile of intelligence did not beget intelligence, and only a fool trusted any kind of non-sentient program to make the "good" calls in the event of an ambiguity. Of course, the only other sentient programs Ashley had met were other ripped people... and the Voice. It might be best just to narrow the definition of trustworthy to people only.
   You rattle off a series of equations to Emily, orbital patterns that define the location of the Avira station. They aren't exactly right, in a day or two they'll be completely wrong, but they're a close enough approximation for a short travel time. You ask Emily to verify the coordinates, and she gives back a few vectors that sound about right. Good enough, anyway.
  "Estimated travel time to Avira station is four hours, estimated travel time to Teras station is less than three hours after that," Emily chimes after she's done plugging in all of the co-ordinates.

You sigh and lean back in one of the provided seats. Long trip, but less cramped than your way down to Mahdavi. You get out your kit and start fiddling with it, there are a few improvements for your implants that you've had in mind for a while now. Not going to be a better time to put them in, even if this transport lacks a medical facility.

(That implant upgrade we talked about? Choose now.)

---

Dominique Wakeman

She decided to go ahead with the whole make-up kit thing since nothing else was going on.
Turn Addendum: "Emily, do you have any more dossiers on the... test subjects at Teras Station, and can you recommend a few that might be suitable for transferring out?"

After Emily gives you the trip timeline, you start trying to think up ways to get Jeffery off of Teras. You conspire with Emily, looking for anything else in the records that might help you establish a fairly convincing reason to withdraw an individual, or perhaps several individuals. [Intuition 11] You don't come up with anything particularly inspired, but you do have a general plan. The other dossiers in the request Emily forwarded to you are (or were) viable candidates for transfer. If you can manage to lay your authority down and requisition them as lab materials, well, you might be able to smuggle Jeffery under cover of numbers. Of course, that would leave you with several other fugitive/biological experiments to find a home for, that's a problem to consider if you actually make it that far.
   In essence, your plan revolves around doing exactly what Dr. Pak tried to do a year ago. Except that you think you can be a lot more convincing than a written request.
    After all, written requests didn't carry fifty caliber pistols.

You settle in to wait, opening up the makeup box and flicking back to the Harlequin's preset. The snakes unfold from the box once again, and this time you follow the instructions; holding your head exceptionally still and pressing the button tentatively. You've never had someone else, let alone something else, do your makeup. Not that you ever wore makeup much more complicated than lipstick and/or the occasional eyeshadow. The snakes carefully observe your head, circling and scanning every inch. The screen of the box flashes again. "Scan complete. Application will commence in five seconds. Please close your eyes."
   You close your eyes. You will do what must be done.   

---

Ashley Fey

You stand in the cockpit of the transport, checking headings and Zeus relative system coordinates in disbelief. The results are as undeniable as they are impossible. After two hours and fifty-six minutes of flight, you should be at Avira, or at least close enough to pick up something. The trouble is, you aren't. There's nothing here to indicate that the station passed through this orbit, no disturbance in background radiation, no decayed signals echoing around, nothing. As far as you can tell, the Conclave never passed this way, which means they adjusted their orbit, which is very, very bad news. Space is big, really big, and when you account for the sheer number of moons that Zeus had captured, and stations orbiting Zeus or the moons, the chance of being able to find Avira again without the new orbital coordinates are almost nil.
   This presents you with a problem. You can't generate a strong enough signal from the transport to have a snowball's chance of reaching Avira, and, even if you did, you don't have the encryption setup here necessary to avoid endangering them.You need a real communications array, and you blew up the only one you could both find and access easily.

Spoiler:  Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

---
Dominique Wakeman

You stare at your reflection in the datapad. Emily helped you turn it a mirror, but you're having a hard time believing the face that looks back is you. The makeup box did a lot more than just apply a couple powders to your face and paint on some accents. Hundreds of flexible layers of some kind of undercoat make your cheekbones look physically higher, your nose sharper, your face a little longer. Your skin has been lightened, and your hair has been colored; turned to a rose-gold color and twisted into a military knot at the back of your head. It's not a pretty face, but it might have been termed handsome. It also looked... hard. It could be the fact that your cheek muscles don't respond particularly well under layers and layers of the coating that reshaped your face, but the face that looks back at you seems carved. A face that would smile and kill with the exact same degree of calm collection. A face without pity.
   It bothers you a little that it's your face now.
   You clear the pad and look back up a the cockpit. Ashley and Harry vanished into there fifteen minutes ago, shortly after Emily announced that they were approaching Avira station. You thought she might have been making initial contact so her folks didn't decide to blow holes in the transport, [intuition 9] and that could very well still be the case.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:20:52 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: November 14, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »

Dom stared at herself for a few more moments, wondering if she should try practicing an accent. Or trying to sound authoritative. Perhaps the latter. Yes. She could practice on the VI. "Emily, how long until we get to Teras?" she asked, trying to do her best to sound like someone who didn't take shit from anybody... which, come to think of it, wasn't that different from her almost two years ago.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Disease of the Mind
« Reply #8421 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:47 pm »

Dom stared at herself for a few more moments, wondering if she should try practicing an accent. Or trying to sound authoritative. Perhaps the latter. Yes. She could practice on the VI. "Emily, how long until we get to Teras?" she asked, trying to do her best to sound like someone who didn't take shit from anybody... which, come to think of it, wasn't that different from her almost two years ago.

[Intimidate 10] "We are approximately three hours away from Teras station, assuming we begin moving again immediately." There's a brief pause. "Your voice is irregular, Dominique Wakeman, would you like a glass of water?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: November 14, 2013, 08:21:57 pm »

Despite herself, Dom laughed. Intimidating a VI? That was kind of a stupid idea from the get-go. "No, thank you anyway. I'm good. Do you know what the hold-up is?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: November 14, 2013, 08:33:49 pm »

"Ashley Fey seems to be having trouble with the ship's guidance systems." There's another pause, and you can imagine Emily temporarily shifting her focus back to the cockpit. "She is currently informing them that they are 'stupid'."

((VI, IS, whatever))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:43 pm »

(Would you prefer IS? I just used VI because it was made clear Emily wasn't an AI, and even though I despise Mass Effect these days I'm still used to using VI as a term for something that's less than an AI... >.>; )

Dom raised an eyebrow. "...So... what are we going to do about it? I mean if she wants, she can come with me to Teras Station. I'm going to have to figure out something to do with most of the people I rescue... assuming I get any out alive... and she could keep 'em or something."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:32 pm »

(Would you prefer IS? I just used VI because it was made clear Emily wasn't an AI, and even though I despise Mass Effect these days I'm still used to using VI as a term for something that's less than an AI... >.>; )

Dom raised an eyebrow. "...So... what are we going to do about it? I mean if she wants, she can come with me to Teras Station. I'm going to have to figure out something to do with most of the people I rescue... assuming I get any out alive... and she could keep 'em or something."

((Doesn't matter. Virtual Intelligence and Intelligent System both mean pretty much the same thing.
I'm going to take a wild stab and say it was the ending that turned you off of the ME series?))

"I'm going to wait for further instructions," Emily says brightly. "Do you think Ashley would want the convicts of Teras station?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: November 14, 2013, 09:20:17 pm »

(One of the things. The second would be the Biodrones themselves. 'They' say the quickest way to hate something you used to love is to meet the fans of it. 'They' are right. @_@ The third would be that the Bioware team themselves are pretty big assholes and I basically don't want anything to do with them.)

Dom shrugged. "I dunno. I guess you'd have to ask her. You think Boss... I mean, Taric, would let them go if I brought 'em back or would he just keep experimenting on them?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: November 14, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »

"Our lord Taric Sizier does enjoy experimenting," Emily says. "It is not for me to know his mind, but he is fair and virtuous and just and brilliant and..." Emily continues for some time, extolling Taric's virtues with the rapt awe of toddler describing a favorite vid. She winds down eventually, picking up her end of the conversation exactly where she left off. "Do you want me to ask Ashley if she'd like several of the Teras prisoners?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Dom zoned out for a minute, looking at her nails as Emily went on about Taric, before she realized at the end of it the IS had asked her a question. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, sure. Couldn't hurt," she said.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:52 am »

"If something goes wrong and we get our brains fried, then it was great working with you sir, but other than that, I got nothing. Gentlemen. Let's do this shit."

Anna promptly grabbed Tyrin by the arm and helped to support his weight by hoisting half his weight over her shoulder as he shakily stood up.

"Come on Tyrin, pull your shit together. We're going to screw these bastards over and we need you to help pull your weight. Just stay close to me and get ready to either link up with the others when I say the word or shoot with the marshal. I suggest you choose now while you have the chance."

Support Tyrin and follow the Marshal's plan. Link up with the others and Tyrin if he agrees. Once successfully linked up, use our willpower to set a mindbar covering everyone who is in the link if we aren't already suitably protected by the link.

If we are attacked, use control on the Destroyer and have it fire on his own team to drive them into our trap! Follow up with a level 4 surge on that sharpshooter and see if an override can make one of those troopers turn their head hard and sharp enough to snap their own neck. If we are attacked with psionics, lash out with a Neural Feedback +5 to show them we mean business.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 602