Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527600 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: That's the James we know...
« Reply #8340 on: October 09, 2013, 06:57:47 am »

It is on the thread, shortly before ashley almost landed on you guys
((..Ashley? Link please :D
So Trol just..went inactive and Draignean had to do something?))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: October 09, 2013, 06:59:44 am »

Don't have a link sorry, I just know because Ashley is my character and that's where I got into the game

edit: Here
additionally still having a hard time thinking of an upgrade that i snot just make it do what it does better.  The closest thing I have is having the duelist blades vibrate at harmonic frequencies
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:04:28 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: October 09, 2013, 12:46:37 pm »

Don't have a link sorry, I just know because Ashley is my character and that's where I got into the game

edit: Here
additionally still having a hard time thinking of an upgrade that i snot just make it do what it does better.  The closest thing I have is having the duelist blades vibrate at harmonic frequencies

I see. The snot threw me, but I see.

Food for thought... Mods for you that don't just boost efficacy. Should be one there for everything you have.

Injectors in the skin that allow the planarian implants to effect another individual
Modifications to the Stormcrow field that allow it to temporarily focus and boost outgoing energy weapon fire, for a price.
Arc implants modified so that they can also turn waste heat and kinetic energy into charge, giving you a little energy on a high dex/str based roll.
Duelist implants with core conduits running through them, allowing the synthetic to ram them into sources in order to drain energy.
Javelin focus tweaks that allow the hand to emit simple light, or, for charge, a blinding flash of light.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: October 09, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »

OOhh those are pretty cool, now I can't decide between duelist or javelin.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: October 11, 2013, 05:28:20 am »

Damien looks at where the shot came from and tries to determine how many Unchained there are. Normally, upon finding out this fact, he would be expected to open fire. Fortunately, he gets to do something much more fun this time around.
"Alright, shots came from the north, huh? Just how many of you guys are there?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: October 11, 2013, 05:32:10 am »

[I like Damien :P]

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: October 11, 2013, 06:48:37 am »

Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: October 12, 2013, 05:16:26 pm »

Written. Just need to update maps and calculate/insert the 54 ranges between individuals.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: October 12, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »

>54 ranges between individuals
RIP Draignean

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: October 12, 2013, 06:49:41 pm »

Dominique Wakeman

"Right, later?" Dom said, unsure. That entire encounter had been... bizarre. She examined the chitin in greater detail before putting it away in a pocket, wondering what use it would be to her besides a novelty.

You roll the bit of chitin over in your hands. [Observation 2] It's slightly warmer than room temperature and quite hard. For all that you can tell, the Immortal gave you an object with the approximate value of a heated rock. Smiling immortals wearing armor and wandering around giving people rocks. Eh. It's better than having them wandering around attempting to murder you.
 You check your armor one last time, slip the chitin nodule inside one of the suit's pockets, and head back up to the hangar.

Ashley, Harry, Taric, and your two immortals are already there, waiting for you in the same room where you said goodbye to Tarran and James. Harry looks pissed, Ashley's difficult to read, Alonso and Basilio look like they always do, and Taric seems vaguely amused by everything.
  "Ah, the woman of the hour," Taric says as soon as you enter. "Harry here was just about to chew off one of his feet in worry, poor man is sure that I'm about to spring some daring ambush."
   Harry glares at Taric. There's a lot more than dislike in that expression.
   "Eh, he's just upset because I put a bullet through Jordan," Taric explains with a shrug. "Anyway, I have your real-fake identification for a Harlequin Ayveen. Just, ah, don't get in a situation where you'd need to spell your name." Taric hands you a swipe ID and a three color sword-and-loop insignia designed to adhere to your armor and be scanned by passing security.
   You take a look at the swipe I.D and blink. The name on the I.D is 'Aoibheann'.
  "I have no idea what language that name is derived from, but I had the computer double check the pronunciation. So, as I said, just avoid signing things." Taric gives you an apologetic look and hands you a second parcel. It's a thin box box a little larger than your hand held flat. "This is to change how you look. It's a nice little makeup box, and I added a preset for Harlequin Ayveen's actual appearance since makeup and you... Well, I just thought this might be easier for all involved. There's just one little quirk; I didn't have time to refurbish it entirely, and it belonged to a Technocrat administrator for use on... Well, short version is that I couldn't get the existing presets of naughty-nurse and wounded rebel hostage off of it quickly. Just make sure you show up as Harlequin Ayveen, not naughty-nurse Ayveen." Taric blinks at you, then grimaces. "Sorry, winking isn't a strong skill right now. Anyway, I moved part of a bar from one the restaurants onto the shuttle, plus that bottle of wine you found. Anything else before you throw yourself to the cybernetic wolves?"

(Wolf, you can act here as you like.)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

James grimaced, as he heard the gunfire and the kinetics. How the hell did he manage to land in the middle of a battle?
Nevertheless, he had work to do. James started to raise his hand to do... something to protect himself, though his increasing fatigue certainly didn't help. Unsure what to do, James had an idea! He'd been using blades at distance quite a lot, really... but what if he could truly use them at long distance? Maybe, he decided he could make a blade he could throw. Trying this, James goes across the roof of the ship and creates three shrikes, difficulty modifier -1, shaped like crescent shaped, flat blades.

[A.Kinetics 16-1] [Control 19-1, Cost -25%] (-8 Stamina) You feel a... potential swell across your skin. Your muscles are relaxed, but at the same time you feel as if some detached part of your body is tensed to strike. It's a very odd sensation.
  You cross the upturned belly of the virtue, trying to get your less than cooperative eyes to focus on the figure approaching the ship. You make a big target, standing tall on the top of the virtue, but you've got a few tricks now. You don't know exactly what that stored potential is going to do if you trigger it, but you know that it's going to be dangerous.
  [Observation 2-1] [? observation 21] The approaching figure stops, and you get the feeling that it can see you just fine. Your fears are confirmed when it speaks.
  "James Evan, place your hands on your head and kneel, or you will be killed. You are a criminal and a traitor, and you will face judgement for your crimes." The voice is unfamiliar and inhumanly cold. The fact that it wants to kill you probably means Technocrat, but knowing your name is a very bad sign.

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin and Anna

Tyrin lowered his gun as the medic took charge-not one to make his work any harder.

He suggested to the Marshal: "I say we take cover first sir. We're pretty open here, and they've a marksman in their team-someone who I'm sure did in this wound here. We need physical and probably mental cover barring any other..erm, telepaths around.

"Also I got the impression that the hit would've either announced our position in the smoke, or announced the confirmation of still-present-hostiles--I didn't see the man go down, but I assume he just shrugged it off or...They're either going to be cautious, or they'll just issue a wipe-out order."

Take cover by the corner of the building and rest, then put a mindbar over myself and Tyrin. Ask a trooper for a spare clip for my rifle if they can spare it and watch the smoke for technocrats.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The Technocrat sharpshooter detaches from his position behind cover, [Mobility 5+1] barely making the few steps north to the fence around the Colonist fields.
   The Sniper follows suit, [Mobility 16+1] except with the smooth precision of a trained soldier. [Observation 22+1] The sniper sights down on one of the unchained [3, Anna], and relays his visual to the HUDs of the other Technocrats, painting the forward Unchained party.
   Anna, [mobility 21] takes cover on the corner of the building and requests a clip from one of the other revolutionaries. [Luck 17] The psionic that's bending over Tyrin spares a moment from his work to toss Anna one of his clips. [Mindbar 7+2-2] [Control 18, -10% cost] (-13 stamina) The stimulants, despite giving Anna the power to fight, are also disorienting. Anna's first attempt at creating a mindbar fails miserably, unable to bring her mind to focus on the task.
   The Kineticist, Wigs, points a finger at the ground and draws it slowly sideways. [Ripper 11+2-1] [Control 2, Cost +25%] (Kineticist -31 stamina) Earth flies away from the Kineticist's finger, filling the air with earthen hail as the Kineticist literally draws a shallow trench into the soil. Satisfied with his work, the kineticist hops down and kneels the fresh furrow.
   Damien's task of identifying the Unchained targets is made somewhat easier when the sniper broadcasts a series of images, pinpointing three members of the enemy force without effort on Damien's part. [Intuition 6+1] Further analysis of the images and the situation yields no more insight into the situation.
   [Trooper 1 Morale 18-2] The trooper that Jenna almost killed seems to have regained his heart now that he isn't alone. [Mobility 8] sliding up to the fence along with the sharpshooter.
    The unchained psionic that stuck Anna pulls out a medical kit and goes to work on Tyrin. [7, 17+1,6,19+1,13: 64/55] The psionic strips off Tyrin's armor and cuts a hole in his clothing to get to the one. He cleans the wound quickly, gives it a cursory disinfectant, and essentially glues both ends of the wound shut before wrapping Tyrin's entire waist in bandages and buckling his armor back on over it. (Tyrin Bleeding stopped, HP +20)
    The second Psionic makes a quick dash past the corner, [Mobility 17] sliding into the cover of the kineticist's ditch.
    [Mobility 15] The remaining technocrat trooper dashes up from the south, joining knot of technocrat grunts.
   The Marshal peers into the smoke, trying to catch a glimpse of any Technocrats other than the Destroyer.  [Observation 18] The sniper, crouching along the rails of the colonist fence, is first one he marks with a second psionic flare.  [Mark 3] [Control 6, cost +10%] (Stamina -3) Or he tries. The flare sputters for a moment, flickering on the edges of perception, then dies. 
    The Destroyer moves forward, [12+1] trudging slowly but willfully forward to arrive at the edge of the entrance to the colonist field. He raises the laser cannon with a grunt, training it loosely on the Unchained that the sniper is spotting and beginning the charging cycle.

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:53:01 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: October 12, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »

Dom took the make-up box and looked at it distrustfully. "I guess if you have something to write on and a pen, I can spend some time practicing this name." She had no idea how the spelling translated to the pronunciation, but whatever. She'd have time to figure it out, hopefully. "...What's a Harlequin, anyway? Am I going to be expected to tell jokes or something?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »

Dom took the make-up box and looked at it distrustfully. "I guess if you have something to write on and a pen, I can spend some time practicing this name." She had no idea how the spelling translated to the pronunciation, but whatever. She'd have time to figure it out, hopefully. "...What's a Harlequin, anyway? Am I going to be expected to tell jokes or something?"

"Uh, no. Don't tell jokes," Taric replies with a mixture of surprise and alarm. "That would be... out of character. A Harlequin holds simultaneously rank in the Technocracy's military, special forces, and the Church hierarchy. They're meant to enforce co-operation between branches, maintain the interests of one group in a cross-disciplinary maneuver, and jump over red-tape. All things considered, I think they'd actually be a little sore over that archaic use of harlequin."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: October 12, 2013, 07:16:37 pm »

"Shit. Uh, what's some basic things I should know, just in case I get quizzed or something?" Dom asked, rubbing the back of her neck.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: October 12, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

"Shit. Uh, what's some basic things I should know, just in case I get quizzed or something?" Dom asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

Taric shrugs. "How should I know? You're going to be a pretty high up, so if anybody asks questions, just shoot them and tell everyone else the information was classified. You're going to be a Technocrat for this, not a maintenance worker. Remember that. You don't have to explain yourself if someone asks you what you're doing."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

"Right. Just be irritable, easy to piss off, and quick to break teeth. I think I can manage that." Dom nodded and inspected the make-up kit to see what Taric meant by 'settings'.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 602