Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527614 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: That's the James we know...
« Reply #8325 on: October 05, 2013, 11:20:46 am »

((Woah, a captain in the unchained? I'm going places it seems. Also, I'm starting to really like the marshal. He knows where it's at.))
((You were the darn bloody face of this operation, sir. :I
Also yes. The marshal is really likeable with his attitude.))

Tyrin lowered his gun as the medic took charge-not one to make his work any harder.

He suggested to the Marshal: "I say we take cover first sir. We're pretty open here, and they've a marksman in their team-someone who I'm sure did in this wound here. We need physical and probably mental cover barring any other..erm, telepaths around.

"Also I got the impression that the hit would've either announced our position in the smoke, or announced the confirmation of still-present-hostiles--I didn't see the man go down, but I assume he just shrugged it off or...They're either going to be cautious, or they'll just issue a wipe-out order."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: October 05, 2013, 01:31:30 pm »

((Ahh, I see. So I'm like something of a sergeant or something pretty low down in the command chain. I was kinda expecting that since I'm a face of the unchained that I would have a bit of a rank but I was thinking that Captain is a bit high up for a new player to start as, but this makes sense now, thanks.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: October 05, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

((Ahh, I see. So I'm like something of a sergeant or something pretty low down in the command chain. I was kinda expecting that since I'm a face of the unchained that I would have a bit of a rank but I was thinking that Captain is a bit high up for a new player to start as, but this makes sense now, thanks.))

((Yeah, you're somewhere between corporal and sergeant. The marshal is roughly equivalent to a technocrat lieutenant. Major Caine, being ex-military, is actually equivalent to a major.  However, since most of the praetors are dead, (colonel ranks) Major Caine has a higher effective rank. The highest left in your splinter of the Unchained that fled from the prison))

"So... Taric made you guys?" Dom asked, confused. "And I still don't know what's going to happen if I touch it. I mean, I've seen enough fucked up shit here between that weird shit that got on us, the ants, and those yellow leeches those people in New Hensfield were wearing like they were going out of style or something." She looked at the blue chitin with an unsure expression. Would it really harm her? That was the thing now, wasn't it? She had told Sizier earlier he was probably the only person she could trust, but could she really? Out here, in the depths of space and away from civilization, the only person she could truly trust was herself. Right?

...Fuck it. I go down that road, I'm going to be walking it by myself. I'd rather trust and be betrayed than be alone again. She sighed and took the chitin. "...Sorry. I appreciate the thought." She checked on the armor, and put it back on since it looked ready. "So... you know about this thing?" she asked the Immortal, jerking a thumb at the repair baths.

You take the small nodule of chitin. It's slightly warm to the touch, but it seems to have no other particular properties. The immortal nods to the bath after you accept the nodule. "Model twenty-four Repair and Reclamation Sink. I could tell you more, but there is really no point in knowing it. I don't know why I was made to." The immortal shrugs, picking up a suit of medium combat armor off one the armory's racks and buckling it on. "It is, however, interesting. Almost magic, if I could forget that we know why and how." The immortal gives you an eyeless look, then almost bows. "I do not know if we will speak again, Dominique Wakeman. We are all grateful that I have been able to thank you."   
   The armored immortal leaves the armory as enigmatically as it entered, leaving you wondering what the hell it was talking about.

"I say we take cover first sir. We're pretty open here, and they've a marksman in their team-someone who I'm sure did in this wound here. We need physical and probably mental cover barring any other..erm, telepaths around.

"Also I got the impression that the hit would've either announced our position in the smoke, or announced the confirmation of still-present-hostiles--I didn't see the man go down, but I assume he just shrugged it off or...They're either going to be cautious, or they'll just issue a wipe-out order."

The Marshall smiles. "Son, I'm fine with them knowing where we are, makes it a lot less legwork for us. Want to know what makes a Technocrat a Technocrat? Arrogance. Despite the fact that they just lost their goddamn gunship, they're going to charge us down. The Technocracy hasn't fought anyone they couldn't roll over in centuries. We've been doing it all our lives. They come to us, and we'll burn them down. As for cover, we've got part of a building. They won't have jack that isn't on fire if they get close enough to do anything but snipe, and they will try and get that close."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: October 05, 2013, 04:40:05 pm »

"Right, later?" Dom said, unsure. That entire encounter had been... bizarre. She examined the chitin in greater detail before putting it away in a pocket, wondering what use it would be to her besides a novelty.

(I notice my carried weight insinuates I'm still wearing the armor (assuming it weighs 100 pounds, because my math adds up to 66 pounds being carried at the moment). So can I assume Dom put it back on once it was finished being repaired?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: October 05, 2013, 05:25:19 pm »

((OK sooo hmm, just considerering possible upgrades that are more than just it deals more damage, bear with me))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: October 05, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

(I notice my carried weight insinuates I'm still wearing the armor (assuming it weighs 100 pounds, because my math adds up to 66 pounds being carried at the moment). So can I assume Dom put it back on once it was finished being repaired?)

((No, I just run weight calculations infrequently, so errors build up. I'll have it all "fixed" next round. You can, however, assume that you've put the armor back on.
You want to head back up to the hangar while examining the nodule, or do you want some more time?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: October 05, 2013, 07:11:49 pm »

(Well, I planned to put the armor back on so that's all well and good anyway. Just checking. :P As for the other, examine the thing first, THEN go to the hangar. I want all of Dom's attention on the piece of chitin until she's done examining it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8332 on: October 09, 2013, 12:05:14 am »

Just wondering, is Trol still alive?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: October 09, 2013, 12:07:35 am »

((I'm guessing no. I think the wiki said something ate him, or he succumbed to the elements.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: October 09, 2013, 12:12:07 am »

(Nah. When Trollan disappeared and was gone for a long time (still is, I guess :\), his character died in the wilds.)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:35 am »

Just wondering, is Trol still alive?

((He touched an exploding seed pod. He died with a bunch of trees actively eating his insides. So he's dead, and chances of him coming back as a giant psychic-tree hybrid are probably pretty slim.

Probably.))
---

Nunzillor

« Reply #8336 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:10 am »

I see... Would be pretty awesome if he was that hybrid thing though!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: October 09, 2013, 02:16:54 am »

((I'd like to know how he died :O Was it in the thread or something off-stage?))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:55 am »

It is on the thread, shortly before ashley almost landed on you guys
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nunzillor

« Reply #8339 on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:36 am »

He was rooted to the spot by a tree, and was slowly consumed by it.  I thought perhaps the consumption would be slow enough to prevent death within a week, but I guess he died from the elements before the tree got him.

Probably the better way to go.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 602