Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527481 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Dropping like flies.
« Reply #8310 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »

(Oh, you mean adding tags? Sorry if I overstepped my bounds. ^^^; I just wanted a quick way to see all the characters and that's how I have it on my own wiki.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: October 03, 2013, 10:34:51 pm »

Replace Dynamo with Limited Temp Control
Also, oh man, Shrike... awesome.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:40:17 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: October 04, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »

((Okay, Powder. James' page has been updated. Haven't made Anna's page for Zako yet, and I'm going to hold off on Tyrin's until Tiruin says what she wants to spend.

Wolf. ALL of your abilities have been tweaked, and your bionic woman perk actually means something now. See this page for details. You also have one upgrade for your implants. I'm going to assume you did this while Harry was working on his project. Do note that unlike a psionic evolution, this upgrade will actually replace the original implant.

Actually going to start working on the turn. Mechanics are all well and good, but there should probably be some other stuff too.))

EDIT:

(Oh, you mean adding tags? Sorry if I overstepped my bounds. ^^^; I just wanted a quick way to see all the characters and that's how I have it on my own wiki.)

((More than fine. I had no idea how to do that.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:03:08 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: October 04, 2013, 07:10:50 pm »

WOW. Synthetics have some seriously cool stuff.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: October 04, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

(Ah. Well, no problem, you're welcome then. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:57 pm »

I got bored, found your gun modifiers page, and made a pistol for the heck of it. (no, i don't expect you to put it in your game, it was for fun :p)
Spoiler: LS-2 Forever Pistol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:33:48 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: October 05, 2013, 01:01:27 am »

Dominique Wakeman

Dom nodded, crossing her heart with her left hand. "I promise. Me and you, we'll make this work - whatever it turns out to be. I'll see you in the hangar, Taric." She left the room and addressed Emily. "Emily, where's the armory? And do you know if there's any heavy armor in it? The kind that, when you wear it, you just look like a generic tin can or something, if you catch my meaning?"

Dom asks Emily the above, and if Emily answers in the affirmative then she goes and switches out her armor for it. If not - or afterward - she'll head to the hangar and look at the available craft.

Emily's voice is with you the second you finish forming the question. "No, there is nothing in the armory that will make you look like a simple food preservation device. However, if you are referring metaphorically to suits of armor that will blend in, there is nothing in the armory that will stand out more or less than what you have. Lord Taric will make identification for you, and it won't matter what kind of armor you're wearing. However, you may want to go to the armory to repair damage."
  Considering that this armor makes you look ready to kill everything within arms reach, you're not sure if you should trust Emily's perspectives on 'blending in', but repairing the suit is at least a polite thing to do before you turn it back in.
  Heading down to the armory requires two checks of direction with patrolling immortals, but you arrive considerably faster than you would have if you'd been forced to find it yourself. Two overgrown immortals, the kind with ridged spikes growing out of their arms, regard you emotionlessly as you pass. You wonder about the people inside those suits... whether or not they're salvageable under the parasitic chitin.
  Not really your problem.
  Getting the suit repaired is a simple manner of stripping it off and placing it in a deep bin filled with partially charged liquid. Dozens of tiny swimming robots swarm the armor, adding material to the gouges, filling the cracks, and reshaping the dents. [Repair 21] After a minute or two, there's a low hum from the pool. The density of the liquid changes, floating the repaired armor back to the top. It looks brand new, without a trace of the autocannon fire that had scarred it earlier.
   "Remarkable, isn't it?"
  You whirl to face the buzzing voice, leaving your armor floating on top of the pool. It's an immortal, but unlike any you've seen before. The others were significantly larger than human, a necessity as they needed to be able to fit a human inside them. This one is smaller, leaner. It's taller than you, but that's hardly uncommon. You don't think it would top six feet, and you don't think there'd be any way it could effectively encase someone. It's also colored wrong, a pale grayish blue color instead of the usual bred in green camouflage the other immortals have. The odder thing is that it sounds like it meant its comment about finding the repair pool remarkable. You didn't think immortals had the capacity to find anything remarkable.
  "I know you are leaving," it says, it's tone very... human. "Would you take this with you?" It extends its hand to you, offering a small object the size of your thumb. It looks to be made from the same bluish chitin that makes up this immortal's body.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

Alright... before James focused on getting Tarran out, he needed to figure out where "out" was. And as such, leaving Tarran alone for a moment, James slipped through the crack and tried to figure out what was going on. And why did his chest itch?

Before you try and crawl out, you examine your chest. [Observation 2-1] It's itchy. 'Why' isn't apparent to you even after feeling yourself extensively.
  [Mobility 2-1, 2-1, 13-1] [Luck 4] [Luck 10]  It takes you three attempts to crawl up and out of the crack. The first time ends with you losing your grip after slicing your hand on a jagged piece of metal. (Armor -3, -2 HP)  The second time you get halfway up, then slip in the thin coat of slime still clinging to the wall and land on Tarran's cracked ribs. [Tarran Soak 22] Aside from eliciting an unconscious grunt, this seems to have no ill effect. Now, however, you've managed to pull yourself through, and you can finally observe the outside world.
  The good news is, you're in New Hensfield. The bad news is that News Hensfield appears to be on fire. [Observation 14-1] The Virtue seems to have landed on her back, and you've just crawled out through a crack in her belly. Smoke fills the air, and you can see fire in pretty much every direction. Most notable is the strip of fire that outlines the impact gouge the virtue created when it 'landed'. You can see movement to the southwest and to the west, but you can't tell who's who. Gunfire comes in staccato bursts, and the crunching explosive sound of heavy kinetics being used is equally frequent.
  [Luck ?] After a moment, you identify a figure in the smoke that's heading straight for you. [Intuition 8-1] It's somewhere in the human sized region and very vague, you really can't discern anything else about it.
  A psychic beacon flares to life somewhere to the south. You don't know who set it, or what it's meant for, but you could find your way over there blindfolded. Well, if it weren't for the intervening fire. 

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin and Anna

Quote from: Tiruin
Fire that Broadbeam. THEN drop it or lay it down to a place where I can easily draw it.

Quote from: Zako

Stick with the Marshal. Get updated on the situation.

Marshall Feuer gives a quick shake of his head to Anna's suggestion of sniping the presbyter. "Two people that strong doing the monster mash, everything gets strange. What you see isn't where you see it, and trying to get a bullet to go in a straight line is about as possible as getting beer out of piss. For now we sit tight, get the bystanders out of the way, and shoot 'crats." [Observation 14+1] Feuer looks at Anna more closely, noting her ragged breathing and wavering stance. "You've been pushing yourself way too far, too fast," he says, dropping his voice to make it almost inaudible over the sound of Hensfield burning. "You're a leader, Witheld, you aren't allowed to be tired." Feuer turns back to his men, his tone growing back to a Marshal's voice. "Hickie, give the captain a stick of the good stuff before you see to the gutwound.  Jeremiah, help that colonist get Laveros behind the cover. Wigs, cover. I need to mark whatever the hell Laveros lights up."
  Tyrin fires shortly before Jeremiah grabs him under the elbow opposite from the colonist, sending a laser burning through the smoke to the south-east. [Marksman 16-2+4] The first shot of a brand new battle strikes through the smoke, ( Armor -35, Health -9, -7 Negated) the tightly focused beam super-heating the Destroyer's armor and inflicting superficial burns. Tyrin lowers the rifle as soon as the shot is complete, letting the other two drag him off.
   [Feuer Mark 12] The Marshal chases the laser mentally, tagging a psychic beacon onto the Destroyer. For better or worse, the Destroyer is now findable by every psychic in the vicinity. (Marshal Stamina -3)
   Anna follows stays with the Marshal, not noticing the little man coming up behind her with a needle before it's too late. [Hickie Medicine 22] (Stamina +22) There's a sharp pain from the injection, predictable after getting an injection from a medic nicknamed Hickie. Then pain starts fading away and borderline nervous energy fills Anna as the stim's cocktail of chemicals goes to work.

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

---

Damien Smith

Damien raises a hand to the com-link built into his helmet. "Negative. I got this. Keep your eyes peeled, and for the love of the gods, please make sure that your safeties are off. Not calling you incompetent, but this one time..." Damien trails off and goes prone. Something about this doesn't add up. "Stay frosty, guys. I don't like this. It's quiet. Too quiet."

Not three seconds after Damien drops and delivers his warning for the soldiers to stay frosty, a lance of green light burns through the smoke, striking the Destroyer squarely. An instant after that, a psychic beacon flares up and pinpoints the location of the heavy infantryman. Resistance, definite resistance. Good for them, it was always easier to break something when it showed spine.
  Chatter from soldiers fills Damien's receiver, most of it useless communication between grunts. Damien screened out everything but the useful details. "Contact! North and west, at least one Unchained armed with a high-energy laser weapon. Firing triangulation identifies origin on the north side of the colonist structure."

Spoiler:  Damien Smith (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: That's the James we know...
« Reply #8317 on: October 05, 2013, 04:28:31 am »

Dom blinked. "Holy shit, you can talk?" She rubbed the back of her neck. "Uh, I might... but I ain't exactly in a completely trusting mood right now. Tell me why you look and act completely differently from the other Immortals, and what you want me to do with that thing, and then I'll decide."

(Something else, though: a forged ID isn't exactly going to hide Dom's identity from anyone who knows her. :P She still has the same scars and such as ever.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:32:51 am by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:28 am »

((What does upgrading the inplants I have do? because there is also no info on them, and the arc+planerian no longer auto-stabilizes me :( ))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: October 05, 2013, 07:19:30 am »

((Woah, a captain in the unchained? I'm going places it seems. Also, I'm starting to really like the marshal. He knows where it's at.))

Anna shakes herself in a whole body shivering motion as the drugs kick in.

"Woah! I've got to get some of those later!"

She promptly coughs in embarrassment as she remembers the marshal standing next to her, and replies to his remark in a similar murmur to his.

"Sorry sir. Desperate times, a psionic ambush and a gunship got the best of me. I won't let it happen again."

Promptly straightening up with a deep breath, Anna visibly collects her presence and pulls herself together.

"There were 3 troopers over by that mark you just dropped, one was a designated shooter calling for reinforcements which is probably what got the gunship over here and whatever came with it. Another psion probably came with it as the pilot was shielded.

Things are going to get real messy, real quick sir."

Take cover by the corner of the building and rest, then put a mindbar over myself and Tyrin. Ask a trooper for a spare clip for my rifle if they can spare it and watch the smoke for technocrats.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: October 05, 2013, 07:57:30 am »

James grimaced, as he heard the gunfire and the kinetics. How the hell did he manage to land in the middle of a battle?
Nevertheless, he had work to do. James started to raise his hand to do... something to protect himself, though his increasing fatigue certainly didn't help. Unsure what to do, James had an idea! He'd been using blades at distance quite a lot, really... but what if he could truly use them at long distance? Maybe, he decided he could make a blade he could throw. Trying this, James goes across the roof of the ship and creates three shrikes, difficulty modifier -1, shaped like crescent shaped, flat blades.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:13:35 am by Powder Miner »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: October 05, 2013, 08:13:13 am »

Oh god, I just noticed that! Daaaaaaaammmnnn...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: October 05, 2013, 08:16:22 am »

I KNEW I rolled ones!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:14 am »

((What does upgrading the inplants I have do? because there is also no info on them, and the arc+planerian no longer auto-stabilizes me :( ))

((Upgrades for implants are pretty much up to you, after all, you're the person who's physically monkeying around with that stuff. Putting hard and fast upgrades up there would be both hideously time consuming and would box your choices in.

The Arc and Planarian implants were changed because an average charge or health regeneration of 2.5 per turn is kinda lame when compared to a psionic that can deal 50 damage in a turn without breaking too much of a sweat. Now they're active abilities that can let you regenerate a lot, very quickly, but at a price. The additionally innate armor will also probably end up saving more health on a per turn basis than the planarian implants did.))

((Woah, a captain in the unchained? I'm going places it seems. Also, I'm starting to really like the marshal. He knows where it's at.))

((Captain in the unchained is anot a captain in the Technocracy. If you weren't in open rebellion it would be cell captain. As opposed to leading a group numbered in dozens (Tech Captain), you're a squad leader for 3-6 people. This is a rebellion, and not many of these people are ex-military. Ranks are... fluid.

Anyway, of the two of you, Anna seemed the logical choice to have attained rank.))

Trying this, James goes across the roof of the ship and creates three shrikes, difficulty modifier -1, shaped like crescent shaped, flat blades.

((As per wiki, Shrikes are at no penalty to create, just to throw. Just a heads up.))

(Something else, though: a forged ID isn't exactly going to hide Dom's identity from anyone who knows her. :P She still has the same scars and such as ever.)

((Nah, but Taric's a smart little insane megalomaniac with more resources than you shake a stick at, he'll come up with something.))

Dom blinked. "Holy shit, you can talk?" She rubbed the back of her neck. "Uh, I might... but I ain't exactly in a completely trusting mood right now. Tell me why you look and act completely differently from the other Immortals, and what you want me to do with that thing, and then I'll decide."

"I am firstborn," the immortal buzzes as if it actually explained something. "I was many, and now I am one and many. The older, the unborn, are shells. Empty husks to hold dead souls. My kind are new. We do not need to wear the dead in order to live." The immortal does something truly frightening when it finishes, largely because it's on the list of the things that immortals don't do: it smiles. It's not perfect, and the smile obscured by the fact that the immortal has no lips to speak of, but the flexible chitin in its 'face' shifts unmistakably. "You do need to 'do' anything with this, it is a gift to thank you for what you did for us. A memory."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: October 05, 2013, 11:13:24 am »

"So... Taric made you guys?" Dom asked, confused. "And I still don't know what's going to happen if I touch it. I mean, I've seen enough fucked up shit here between that weird shit that got on us, the ants, and those yellow leeches those people in New Hensfield were wearing like they were going out of style or something." She looked at the blue chitin with an unsure expression. Would it really harm her? That was the thing now, wasn't it? She had told Sizier earlier he was probably the only person she could trust, but could she really? Out here, in the depths of space and away from civilization, the only person she could truly trust was herself. Right?

...Fuck it. I go down that road, I'm going to be walking it by myself. I'd rather trust and be betrayed than be alone again. She sighed and took the chitin. "...Sorry. I appreciate the thought." She checked on the armor, and put it back on since it looked ready. "So... you know about this thing?" she asked the Immortal, jerking a thumb at the repair baths.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 602