Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527362 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Dropping like flies.
« Reply #8295 on: October 01, 2013, 10:13:40 pm »

(Ah, OK. So I just buy whatever I like from the advanced stuff with these points. Gotcha.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:56 pm »

((Ah. And how is effective skill determined? Will/number or is it every three points = one effective skill?))

From the OP:
for every 3 points in a stat you gain a 1 in 6 chance to get a +1 performing a related ability.

Which, upon re-reading isn't exactly clear. Think of it this way, you get skill points from attributes at a 3:1 ratio. That's how I calculate bonuses.))

(Ah, OK. So I just buy whatever I like from the advanced stuff with these points. Gotcha.)

((Yup, now go kill you summa' dem teknocrats!

...Dear God, I've transformed into an idiot redneck. I need to go run away and study for my midterms.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »

((Ah. That makes sense, and I figured that was how you did it, but thanks for clearing that up. Now to see what I can buy! Wheeeeee!
Edit:
Swapped a point from STR to WILL, which should give me: 5 control, 2 PK, 3 AK, 2 PE, and 2 AE. As always whenever I do maths for RPGs it's past midnight here. That look good to everyone?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:11:49 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: October 02, 2013, 12:04:21 am »

((So do we just post what we are buying with our new handy dandy points in the thread or do we pm you what we want or something? I'm looking forward to this by the way, but I'm somewhat torn by what I should get...))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:36 am »

((So do we just post what we are buying with our new handy dandy points in the thread or do we pm you what we want or something? I'm looking forward to this by the way, but I'm somewhat torn by what I should get...))

((Doesn't matter. I'm going to append it to your wiki-sheet anyway, so it's not like your abilities are going to be super sneakret. If you want to PM me with anything, that's fine, but I (obviously) don't mind OOC in my thread.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:29 am »

(I'm thinking Enhanced Strength, Sticky, Neural Feedback, Mark, Iron Mind, Emotion Sense, Psychic Chain, Enhanced Speed, and Empower. Unless there might be moar powers in the (near) future, then I'll think about some of these choices. >.> Also, can I just evolve something now, since you mentioned both James and Dom having an evolution banked? And if so, do I get it free, or do I have to pay for it too? If the latter, then I'll spend nothing until I can figure out which power I want to evolve.)

Spoiler: Logistics (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: October 02, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

Hmmm... I'm torn between either getting either Instinctive Shield, or getting Sticky, Stability and Emotion Sense all together. Instinctive Shield could really help me here but not as much as it could due to my complete lack in P.K so if I roll bad then it's useless, where as sticky is situational but useful, Stability is in the same boat as Instinctive Shield but to a lesser degree and I would be putting Emotion Sense to good use due to my set up as a diplomatic kind of character.

Gah, do I take random amounts of physical protection or take utility instead? No idea...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: October 02, 2013, 09:02:11 am »

(I'm thinking Enhanced Strength, Sticky, Neural Feedback, Mark, Iron Mind, Emotion Sense, Psychic Chain, Enhanced Speed, and Empower. Unless there might be moar powers in the (near) future, then I'll think about some of these choices. >.> Also, can I just evolve something now, since you mentioned both James and Dom having an evolution banked? And if so, do I get it free, or do I have to pay for it too? If the latter, then I'll spend nothing until I can figure out which power I want to evolve.)

Spoiler: Logistics (click to show/hide)

((There shouldn't be any more powers in the near future. At least, not any massive releases. I have a few neat ideas, but I'm saving them up for evolutions. On that topic, evolutions can be for any ability you've bought, (Passive or active) and are free. At least, they're free if you discount the cost of the original ability.))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:07 am »

(Damn. Not sure WHAT to evolve...

Eh, let's go for Iron Mind. Nothing wrong with more defense.)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »

((Full empathetic evolution (just a straight up improvement), partial kinetic evolution, or an alternate evolution?))
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »

(First one.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: October 02, 2013, 10:22:44 pm »

((Alright, I've decided to get the following: Iron Mind (2 P.E), Suggestion (1 Control), Energy Drain (2 A.E, 2 P.E), Neural Feedback (2 A.E, 2 Control), Sticky (3 A.K, 1 PK), Stability (2 P.K) and Emotion Sense (1 Control).

This leaves me with 1 point in Active Empathetics, which I'll save for later.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: October 02, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »

Ohoho, 8 PK actually allows me a lot of what I want...
I will take: Instinctive Shield ( 3 PK, Leaving: 3 AK, 5 PK, 3 AE, and 3 PE, 3 Control), Enhanced Strength (3 PK, Leaving: 3 AK, 2 PK, 3 AE, and 3 PE, 3 Control), Kinetic Dynamo (2 PK, and 1 Control, Leaving: 3 AK, 3 AE, 3 PE, 2 Control), Psychic Armor (2 AK, 2 Control, Leaving: 3 AE, 3 PE, 1 AK), Echo [DOES THIS NOT FIT FLUFFWISE] (2 PE, Leaving: 3 AE, 1 PE, 1 AK), Mark (1 PE, 1 AE, Leaving: 2 AE, 1 AK, and these will be left as extra.) I would also like a pure kinetic evolution of blade.

Total: Instinctive Shield, Enhanced Strength, Kinetic Dynamo, Psychic Armor, Echo, Mark, and a pure kinetic evolution of blade.
Total points left over: All spend except for 2 AE and 1 AK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:39 pm »

Ohoho, 8 PK actually allows me a lot of what I want...
I will take: Instinctive Shield ( 3 PK, Leaving: 3 AK, 5 PK, 3 AE, and 3 PE, 3 Control), Enhanced Strength (3 PK, Leaving: 3 AK, 2 PK, 3 AE, and 3 PE, 3 Control), Kinetic Dynamo (2 PK, and 1 Control, Leaving: 3 AK, 3 AE, 3 PE, 2 Control), Psychic Armor (2 AK, 2 Control, Leaving: 3 AE, 3 PE, 1 AK), Echo [DOES THIS NOT FIT FLUFFWISE] (2 PE, Leaving: 3 AE, 1 PE, 1 AK), Mark (1 PE, 1 AE, Leaving: 2 AE, 1 AK, and these will be left as extra.) I would also like a pure kinetic evolution of blade.

Total: Instinctive Shield, Enhanced Strength, Kinetic Dynamo, Psychic Armor, Echo, Mark, and a pure kinetic evolution of blade.
Total points left over: All spend except for 2 AE and 1 AK.

((Err check your math.
Instinctive Shield: 4PK
Enhanced Strength: 3PK
Kinetic Dynamo: 3PK
Psychic Armor: 2PK 2AK
Echo: 2PE
Mark: 1AE 1PE

Total Spent: 18, you started with 20, and you say you have 3 left over. So I know there's a math error in there somewhere...

Okay, you only spent 3PK on Instinctive Shield. That makes it even, and I think that's it.

That probably throws a monkey wrench in your plans.
))
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: October 03, 2013, 10:16:23 pm »

((Double Posting For Great Justice

James: Shrike* has been added to his abilities, but you still need to work out what else you're buying since your math was a little bit off.

Dominique: Fortress of Will* has been added to her abilities. The Wiki page has also been updated suitably, though I note you've been keeping up with that and more. Kudos.

Ashley: I've found that synthetics fighting advanced psionics is a little lopsided at the moment. Your species is in the process of being upgraded.

Zako: I still need to breed your wiki page, which I'm doing some time that is not now.

*Descriptions on Wiki. Damage multiplier on Shrike may get turned down a little in future.
((Ah. That makes sense, and I figured that was how you did it, but thanks for clearing that up. Now to see what I can buy! Wheeeeee!
Edit:
Swapped a point from STR to WILL, which should give me: 5 control, 2 PK, 3 AK, 2 PE, and 2 AE. As always whenever I do maths for RPGs it's past midnight here. That look good to everyone?))

Yes.
))
---
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 602