Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527302 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Dropping like flies.
« Reply #8280 on: September 30, 2013, 11:08:41 pm »

(Not voting, but guessing:

Kinetics:
Voidcracker
Razor Bloom
Disintegrate

Empathetics:
False Life
Split Personality
Energy Drain

Am I right on any count? :3)

((Yes, NOW NO MORE HINTS!))

EDIT: Matched to Serious' edit.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:28 pm »

(What about the kinetic guesses I quickedited into my post? :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: September 30, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »

(What about the kinetic guesses I quickedited into my post? :P)

((What about the quickediting I matched with my quickediting to neutralizing your quickediting?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:17 pm »

(No moar quickediting.)

EDIT (Oh, yeah. If you don't know where it's at or are too lazy to look through the wiki, the page is here guys.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:16:13 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: October 01, 2013, 03:40:27 pm »

((Hey Draigean, could I change my skills around? I mean, I'm not actively in the game, and looking at some of these new psionics is making me drool a bit. Oh man the possibilities. THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: October 01, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »

((Hey Draigean, could I change my skills around? I mean, I'm not actively in the game, and looking at some of these new psionics is making me drool a bit. Oh man the possibilities. THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!))

((Of course, feel free to change anything you want up until you actually get in the game.))
---

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Lazarus Rising
« Reply #8286 on: October 01, 2013, 04:43:05 pm »

((Updated stats with psionics, and added some lines to the bio to explain his being on the colony. Look good?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: October 01, 2013, 08:38:24 pm »

((Now, I'm sure you're all wondering how you're going to buy all these tasty new abilities, and, since I just finished the passive abilities, I suppose I should tell you.

These new psionics are bought with ability points. Every time you increase a skill (including character creation), you get an ability point in that skill. These points are used to buy abilities, and once you spend an ability point, its gone. The skill isn't decreased, but your available pool of ability points decreases. So, if you started with a character that had a will of 6 and a passive kinetics of 2, they'd have a total of 4PK points to spend. Which isn't much.

Control points are special in the psionic category (like Fighting in combat or Talking in social) in that ability points in Control can be substituted for ability points in any other category. Control is about finesse and skill, and is applicable to P/A.K/E which are more expression of raw power.

Example:

Tyrin has these points for psionic skills,
2 Control
2 P.K
2 A.K
2 A.E
6 P.E

So, he can just bust a move and buy Energy Drain, Field Absorption, and Suggestion (6 points of P.E, and 2 points of A.E). However, if he really wants to buy Paralyze instead of energy drain, he can spend his two control points, two A.E points, and two P.E points to buy it.
Hopefully that example was more helpful than confusing.

Anyway, here are the points you actually have. I'm giving you this because I don't expect you to keep track yourself. I will log any remaining values on your character sheets sometime that is later than now.

Tyrin (Power Level: 14)
2 Control
2 P.K
2 A.K
2 A.E
6 P.E

Anna (Power Level: 19)
4 Control
3 A.K
3 P.K
5 A.E
4 P.E

James (Power Level: 20)
3 Control
3 A.K
8 P.K
3 A.E
3 P.E

Dominique (Power Level 28)
4 Control
8 A.K
5 P.K
5 A.E
6 P.E

Spend Away!

P.S: Dom and James also have an evolution banked.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:09:59 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »

(I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Do I just buy my powers over again? Or do I have access to all of them, but can only use however many is equivalent to my amount of points, like being able to use a 12-point Active Kinetics whenever I want because that's my total?)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: October 01, 2013, 09:33:54 pm »

(I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Do I just buy my powers over again? Or do I have access to all of them, but can only use however many is equivalent to my amount of points, like being able to use a 12-point Active Kinetics whenever I want because that's my total?)

((Okay, your skills are untouched, all these points are for is buying abilities (Specifically Advanced abilities). You keep all your basic abilities, and all the other evolutions that you've accrued, but you use this pool of points to buy from the advanced abilities. (The point cost for each ability is displayed at the bottom of that ability's tab)

Where did you get a Twelve point active kinetics?))
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: October 01, 2013, 09:37:45 pm »

4 Control+8 AK=12

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: October 01, 2013, 09:47:04 pm »

4 Control+8 AK=12

((Ah, of course. I think of it as a wildcard so that never occurred. Silly me.))
---

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: October 01, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »

((Hrmm. It seems that you start with two ability points in each skill, and any points you put into that skill afterward add one ability point? Did I get that right?))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: October 01, 2013, 10:02:25 pm »

((Hrmm. It seems that you start with two ability points in each skill, and any points you put into that skill afterward add one ability point? Did I get that right?))

((Err, no. The points you get are strictly skill values. Tyrin has a will of 6, which trickles down to an effective skill of 2 in all willpower based abilities (All psionics), and he has a raw skill of 4 in passive empathetics. Add his effective skills and his raw skills and you have his total derived skill. Which is what I use to determine ability points.))
---

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »

((Ah. And how is effective skill determined? Will/number or is it every three points = one effective skill?))
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 602