Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527240 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Dropping like flies.
« Reply #8220 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:12 am »

Damien watches with a sort of detached interest as the gunship experiences a sudden and quite unplanned mid-air collision.
"Well now. That makes things interesting. I like interesting." He turns to the soldiers again. "Right. Hold your fire. I'm going in. They have a very skilled psionic there."
Go into the building in as non-threatening manner as I can.

((You're a decent distance away from the building, the building is mostly rubble at this point, and you're one of the VERY few people who just happens to have a line of sight NW. It's pretty smoky right now, but he might see something.))

"No, I didn't see either of her buddies," Dom said. "Why? Do you know something I don't, boss?"

Taric goes back to massaging his temples. "If it was us, against impossible odds, and we needed just a bit more time to blow the crap out of our opponent, what would we do? We'd stall. In light of that, do you honestly think she wants to 'parley' or do you think she wants to make us waste time while Harry prepares to kill us all?" Taric shifts his focus back to Ashley. "Can I at least assume that he's going to wait for a signal from you before he tries to make this place go boom?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: September 20, 2013, 10:39:08 am »

Damien watches with a sort of detached interest as the gunship experiences a sudden and quite unplanned mid-air collision.
"Well now. That makes things interesting. I like interesting." He turns to the soldiers again. "Right. Hold your fire. I'm going in. They have a very skilled psionic there."
Go into the building in as non-threatening manner as I can.

((You're a decent distance away from the building, the building is mostly rubble at this point, and you're one of the VERY few people who just happens to have a line of sight NW. It's pretty smoky right now, but he might see something.))
Well then, approach the rubble cautiously. With my gun out. Ready to pew-pew. And by 'gun', I mean anything that isn't my sniper.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: September 20, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

Dom suddenly felt like an idiot. "...Goddamnit. And here I was, thinking Ashley might actually be trustworthy..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: September 20, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »

James' groping around had no effect, and he groaned. He needed some light to whatever godawful death forest full of killer ants and whatever he'd crashed into now.
God, James hated killer ants. James sighed. Tarran's life depended upon his actions, and there probably weren't ants out there anyway, considering that most of their trip through the forest hasn't involved the damn things. So, after sitting as far up as he could without hitting his head on the truncated ceiling, James decided to bring in some light the brute force way. Figuring the walls were weakened, what with the bombing and the collapse of the room, James had an idea.

It wasn't an idea that required a lot of thinking. Brainpower, on the other hand was quite central, as James tried to think a psionic wave of sheer uncontrolled force at the ceiling, trying to maybe knock it loose or knock a hole in it, looking for light for Tarran.
James uses a slam on the ceiling, in an attempt to knock it loose a bit or to knock a small hole in it, for light to find Tarran and to see what that liquid is.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: September 21, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

((One, WOLFCHILD. The fate of the universe hinges on you at the moment.

Two, reading back over the previous dialogues,

"No, I didn't see either of her buddies," Dom said. "Why? Do you know something I don't, boss?"

You did see a very dead Jordan. Just sayyin'.

Quote from: Tiruin
Cue ensuing dramatics. Hobble to safety! Provide suppressive fire with my Broadbeam--that is, take a precise shot at one of the enemy troopers clearly in sight (from the map). If not, go to suppressive fire.

ALR Broadbeams require aiming before they do decent damage. You sure about this?))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:28:19 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: September 21, 2013, 11:29:03 am »

Give wolf a break, it's 2 AM in Queensland at the moment, and I doubt he'd be up for another 4-6 hours so... :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »

Quote from: Tiruin
Cue ensuing dramatics. Hobble to safety! Provide suppressive fire with my Broadbeam--that is, take a precise shot at one of the enemy troopers clearly in sight (from the map). If not, go to suppressive fire.

ALR Broadbeams require aiming before they do decent damage. You sure about this?))
((Knew it, guessed by the ammo but I was..curious xD

Addendum: Aim and fire while getting dragged away! Or if my logic holds true, just..try to keep self from bleeding out if still bleeding?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #8227 on: September 21, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »

So, Tarran dead or alive?  My vote goes to dead, due to the Soak: 4.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: September 21, 2013, 02:05:01 pm »

He was wearing a VIP drop suit, so...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: September 21, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

"Yes, or for me to NOT inform him not to after a certain amount of time as a fail-safe, sorry Dom, I genuinely want to help, but I can't trust your boss enough to not have a fall-back, at least until I get out of here"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: September 21, 2013, 04:41:14 pm »

"I can't trust you. You can say you won't all you'd like, but I no longer have a reason to believe you won't destroy the base anyway once you're gone." Dom sounded sad about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: September 21, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »

"You don't know what the voice can do, I CAN'T just ignore that threat, but i do want to help YOU, if you can't see that, then I am sorry"

If they start to be hostile, activate my stormcrow implants and charge at Tarric with Duelist Implants, don't wanna hurt Dom if I can avoid it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »

If Ashley actually makes a move toward Taric in any way - appearing to be hostile or not - Dom will fling her to the ground with her Heavy Manipulation and unload on her with the shotgun.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:56 pm »

Taric grimaces at Ashley, tweaking his collar absently. "Now, I'm going to admit plainly that I would have preferred you dead. However, in light of the fact that you're probably going to take this base with you if I kill you, perhaps we can make another arrangement. You want me to not be the 'Voice', I don't want you to blow my facility up, and, incidentally, I'd like to avoid having to watch for more ninja assassins from your organization. What I can't do is prove that I'm not the Father, but I can offer you reasonable doubt. There were well over a hundred survivors that the Father had trapped here. Shortly after I gained power, I offered them the chance to join me or leave peaceably. The first section of people who chose to leave are already on their way out."
  Taric's fingers stop moving for a second, and the screen behind him flares, showing a series of security feeds from inside the base. The show several dozen heavily armed people, led by a single unarmed immortal, trudging through a hallway. The corner of the feed identifies the area as somewhere on the first floor. "I actually found the front door," Taric puts in after watching the survivors trudge for a couple seconds. "Which is nice, considering the only other exits went through ant infested churches or were designed for ships." Taric turns away from the security feed and looks back at Ashley. "Now, this could be part of a clever ruse, but I'm not asking you to trust me completely. I'm going to ask you to leave and pursue far worse threats. You came here to damage the Father, and you've done that, but he's still out there. I have as much reason to dislike him as you do, more in same ways," he adds, touching a finger to his eyepatch, "but, unlike you, I happen to have had rather intimate contact with him. I know where he is, all of where he is, and I can even tell you where he's vulnerable. That in mind, I'd like to make a proposal. If you'll extend me the benefit of the doubt now and recommend that I be, 'left alone' as you put it, I will trade your organization information about the Father. For a small price."
  Taric glances sideways at Dominique, pausing as if deciding whether or not to say something. "Dominique actually has some business out in space," he says finally. "She can go with you and ensure that I get back whichever ship I graciously lend you." 

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: September 21, 2013, 09:43:59 pm »

Dom had moved slightly, her body tense, and positioned herself a few feet behind and slightly to the side of Ashley. "OK, four things, boss. One, what business? Two, you want to throw me to the wolves here? If I go with them they can get that third guy back on his feet and then it's three on one, and we both already know we can't trust these guys. Three, I still don't think they'll leave this place alone. Not without some kind of collateral to ensure they won't blow it sky-high once they're clear of the blast zone. And four, you and I have a deal too, remember? I don't like getting my chain jerked around and I'm already not in a good mood. Don't make me believe that I can't trust anyone but myself here."
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 602