Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527360 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: It got worse.
« Reply #8175 on: September 09, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »

((If I'm right about that sound, this is gonna be awesome.))
Heheh, I have an idea or two as well.

James' thoughts slowly and exruciatingly wrenched into something more coherent, more understandable. He could work with this. ...But Nathaniel's ejection made things five times more difficult, not to mention the maintenance panel jammed inside Tarran's leg. James muttered a curse. He couldn't get Tarran into the drop suit with this thing in his leg, but if he didn't Tarran would die anyway. He groaned. He had one thing to try. And if not, he'd merely have to try and hope for the best. His clumsy hands couldn't do much, he knew, but... maybe his mind could. He'd have to hope for luck...
James attempts to use psionic blade to cut the maintenance panel where it juts out of Tarran's flesh. Then he attempts to put the drop suit on Tarran, having to take out the panel if he couldn't cut it. And above all, he gets the two of them the hell out of the ship.
There was something James was missing, something he didn't know how to do. Somehow, this plan seemed flawed... But his head hurt, and he didn't have time for standing around.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:24 pm »

Damien walks up to the troops at the destroyer and demands a status report.

Just to clarify here, a Technocrat destroyer is a sub-class of heavy infantry (Big guns). Also added a key to the map, which is something I probably should have done earlier.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: September 09, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »

"Shit! It's the gunship! We've got to get out of here! Listen, there's a bunch of people to the north of here but I don't know if they are on our side or not, and it's a clear alley heading towards them! If they are technocrats and we run out there, they'll plug us for sure! I would appreciate any ideas right about now!" Anna yelled over the sound of the gunship firing.
"Well, I have two. Either we run out that way where I got shot-I'm betting they've shifted aiming on that part thanks to psychology- and duck away from where the Gunship is at."

Tyrin pointed at the point where the gunship was facing--the house was to be used as cover.

"Or we could take our chances with the four you're sensing. Though it would help if we could make a better distraction. I'm pretty optimistic either way."

He looked at his wounds, and then looked at Boris. Trying to convince him (with what he learned, along with any innate skills) to join up. "It may be bleak, but you're still standing. We can all get out of here safe, but only if we work together. You're a sign of hope for the others.

"We should all go one way or the other, and I'm taking my chances with the four in that direction."

Anna, I'm going north.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:35:52 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: September 09, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »

"Shit! It's the gunship! We've got to get out of here! Listen, there's a bunch of people to the north of here but I don't know if they are on our side or not, and it's a clear alley heading towards them! If they are technocrats and we run out there, they'll plug us for sure! I would appreciate any ideas right about now!" Anna yelled over the sound of the gunship firing.
"Well, I have two. Either we run out that way where I got shot-I'm betting they've shifted aiming on that part thanks to psychology- and duck away from where the Gunship is at."

Tyrin pointed at the point where the gunship was facing--the house was to be used as cover.

"Or we could take our chances with the four you're sensing. Though it would help if we could make a better distraction. I'm pretty optimistic either way."

He looked at his wounds, and then looked at Ced. Trying to convince him (with what he learned, along with any innate skills) to join up. "It may be bleak, but you're still standing. We can all get out of here safe, but only if we work together. You're a sign of hope for the others.

"We should all go one way or the other, and I'm taking my chances with the four in that direction."

Anna, I'm going north.
*Cough* Cedric is the guy's son. The leader's name is... *notes riffle* Boris. Tyrin may know this since the Technocrat Manipulator said it in her introduction.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: September 09, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »

"Right. Move up to that corner and I'll try to cover you from the gunship. Just give me a moment first to catch my breath."

Have everyone wait for me to take a few deep breaths to collect and focus myself before they move. Then, try an Override on the pilot of the gunship to jerk his hands to the left and forward, while I lay covering fire on the ship with my rifle, trying to hit the engines or the pilot.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:16:03 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: September 10, 2013, 12:35:20 am »

*Cough* Cedric is the guy's son. The leader's name is... *notes riffle* Boris. Tyrin may know this since the Technocrat Manipulator said it in her introduction.
((*cough* I said Boris :P))

"C-cover me?! I'm saying we all run for it. With luck, and..err, my knowledge in empathetics, I could try to sway whomever is out there to at least not shoot in the first seconds. If...that's possible."

Try my passive empathetics?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: September 10, 2013, 12:57:43 am »

"Tyrin, I'm not that kind of person. Of course I'm going with you, but someone needs to try to drive that ship away and you're all too hurt to aim well. Hence, me covering the lot of you while we all move. If anything, I'll be trying to draw fire away from the rest of you."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: September 10, 2013, 06:00:22 am »

Damien walks up to the troops at the destroyer and demands a status report.

Just to clarify here, a Technocrat destroyer is a sub-class of heavy infantry (Big guns). Also added a key to the map, which is something I probably should have done earlier.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:25 am »

"Right. Move up to that corner and I'll try to cover you from the gunship. Just give me a moment first to catch my breath."

Have everyone wait for a minute in cover while I rest for a little. Then, try an Override on the pilot of the gunship to jerk his hands to the left and forward, while I lay covering fire on the ship with my rifle, trying to hit the engines.

Zako, you don't really have time to rest. The Gunship is actively pummeling the house, and its rounds are going straight through. Think of the cannons as a slower firing science-fiction GAU-8. If you rest you're going to have to make an extra luck roll against spall, shrapnel, and of course, actually getting shot.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: September 10, 2013, 09:15:11 am »

I was thinking about resting in this case by just taking a few deep breaths to try and get more energy than just lying around while being shot at. I'll edit my action to clarify this for you. Thankfully, override is cheap enough to do. Let's hope the pilot isn't under a mindbar...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: September 10, 2013, 10:16:32 am »

"Tyrin, I'm not that kind of person. Of course I'm going with you, but someone needs to try to drive that ship away and you're all too hurt to aim well. Hence, me covering the lot of you while we all move. If anything, I'll be trying to draw fire away from the rest of you."
"Let's hope gravity doesn't decide to kill us. Here's to hoping it hits the rotors and the pilot. Make a big flash of light while you're at it. I don't think your output of lead and fire would contend."

Tyrin gave a joking laugh.

"Just be sure to give them a hole bigger than the one they gave me, ok?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: September 11, 2013, 08:47:30 am »

Anna grinned a bit forcibly, doing her best to keep up appearances.

"Just don't get shot again, alright? You still have work to do, eh?"

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: September 13, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »

Itsss baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkk! ermegurd. Spoiler warning, this is a bump.

Waitlist. I may have a char sheet SoonTM

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:44 am »

Heh, a bump isn't too much needed. This RTD just updates slower than some of the less meaty RTDs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: September 16, 2013, 10:38:16 pm »

Itsss baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkk! ermegurd. Spoiler warning, this is a bump.

Waitlist. I may have a char sheet SoonTM

Now I will never stop visualizing you as a goldfish.

I am currently working on the turn. Made an A on my first exam, which is a good omen for the rest of this semester, but my schedule is still... tight. Like a size two thong on a grizzly bear. U.S thong, not Aussie thong.

---
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 602