Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527499 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Then more people died.
« Reply #8130 on: August 20, 2013, 07:37:17 am »

(No armor on head. HP -16x2x4=-128)
[Lie 5+1 Vs Detect lie 3+2]
((Draignean..if it's really ok with you, may I ask if I could copy your roll-note style? That was amazing.

Also storm. Storms hit me now. It hurts and argh.

I'm sorry.))

((Yeah sure, copy any system you want.

On another note, since I've accidentally been using them interchangeably, control and reclamation have been merged into one skill.

Working a bit on the turn.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Then more people died.
« Reply #8131 on: August 25, 2013, 07:27:54 pm »

James Evan

Well... he had to make sure, fog or no. Muttering yet another prayer, James went into engineering.

You take a deep breath and step into the fog. [Soak 5+1-2] You make it part of they way through before the killing cold starts to seep through the dropsuit and body armor. (Dropsuit -19, (4 negated)) You are, as yet, untouched. But frost rimes the dropsuit, and the more flexible regions are starting to crack when you move.
   [Mobility 20-1] Despite the encumbrance of the dropsuit, you move across the hallway to engineering with all haste. The door to engineering is nonfunctional, like pretty much everything else on this flying deathtrap, but you throw your weight into the emergency release. [Brawl 4+2] The release slides the door open a few inches, then jams. You can feel it budging slightly under your weight, but, with insidious cold still creeping through your armor, the ship crashing, and Tarran trapped at best, you don't have a lot of time to wrestle with it.

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

-----

Dominique Wakeman and Ashley Fey

"Hey may not have been confident in you remaining psionic if he took control of you, he would have to do it using one of the exoskeletons remember, we look around, and I help you get people out/ find out if your husband is here, If you are not actively fightnign against me we might be able to just disconnect him from the system, which if it really is Tarric should not harm him, or I may find proof, either way I need to keep away from the Immortals, because they WILL shoot me regardless of who "Tarric" really is"
"No, they'll listen to me if I tell them to stand down. He gave me that authority," Dom said. "Just wait for the two that came with me to come back, and I'll show you."

Alonso and Basilio come jogging back to Dominique, weapons ready. For a moment, Dominique gets a bad feeling. She'd been told that the immortals would obey her orders, as long as they didn't contradict Taric's. If Taric had given a kill order...
   [Luck 19] The immortals however, seem to have been given more general engage-all-threats directives. They become their normal, placid selves when Dominique orders them to stand down. They flank Dominique and regard Ashley blankly, firmly tipping the odds in Dom's favor in the event of a firefight.

Spoiler:  Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

-----

Anna Witheld

Focus through the pain with sheer force of will helped along with training! Then try to mindbar again to throw off the surge effects. Also, take a break against the nearby wall and keep an eye on the colonists while doing so.

You slump against the wall, congratulating Tyrin as best you can in your current state. [Soak 8 (No reduction)] Despite the psionic's death, the after effects of her attack linger, and pain courses through your body. [A. Empathetics 15+2-2-1] [Control 9, no Refund] (Stamina -15, -25) Without the threat of imminent death, you put together a mental shield over yourself and Tyrin. The effect severs the residual psionic damage, and the pain in your body fades away rapidly.  [Stamina 22] You slump against the wall as soon as the shield is in place. Despite the circumstances, taking a break from physical activity is surprisingly rejuvenating. At least, it's enough to keep you conscious. (Stamina regen tripled for his round, doubled for the next) 

Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin Laveros

Oh right, ask the family before acting!

Before anything, the young man decided to try to console those who were affected. "What did she do to you all?"

Give Manticore and Energy Cell to Jenna.

Observe the battlefield, and try to move out of the building into a safe cover area, looking around for anyone signalling reinforcements.

If spotted: Try to disrupt or neutralize.

You direct your attention to the still reeling families, asking about what had happened to them in an effort to bring them into some form of dialogue.
   The speaker from before recovers first once again. You wonder if he held some kind of rank in the colony; you don't recognize him, but the other colonists seem to defer to him automatically. "Nothing that bears repeating," he growls, then turns to the young man he took the gun away from earlier. "Ced," he continues, his voice losing some of its edge. "Take the others back into the stores. Don't open the door, not for anyone. Not until tomorrow. "
   The boy seems more then half in shock, not even responding until his father shakes him. "I..." the kid says unsteadily.
  "Go," the leader of the colonists repeats. "The others will follow you. Don't open up until tomorrow, not even for me."
   The boy nods shakily, slowly collecting everyone but the two remaining adults and steering them to the door in the north-east of the room. The leader of the colonists then turns his back on Tyrin and Anna, moving to kneel beside his dead child. The remaining colonist stands beside him, not interrupting the other man's grief.
   You take the hint and let them alone for a few minutes. You trade a few supplies over to Jenna and take a peek out the southern door, checking to see if anything changed. [Luck 2] [Technocrat Sniper Quickshot 22+1+1 Vs Reflex 19] Your mind registers a flash of light as scope glare a second too late. [Confirm Critical Finesse 22+1 Vs Tyrin Soak 21, Confirmed. Super Critical finesse 17 Vs Soak 21] [42 (reduced by 5)x2=84 damage. Armor -23, HP -61) [Soak 5, heavy bleeding]  Something sparks off the wall behind you, and you stagger back into the building clutching your side. The rushing roar of the railgun's report is dull in your ears. You look down at the bloody stain making its way down your stomach. There's a neat hole in the front of your armor, and you can feel something warm trickling down your back. Jenna, even on her splinted leg, manages to catch you before you hit the floor.

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)

---

Damien Smith

The gunship swung around the colony, aiming at the small structure that they'd received a strike call on. They'd been holding fire since their scan had ID a Church operative withing the building, but her vitals had gone dark seconds after they'd warned her of the impending strike.
   "No friendly heat signatures left inside the structure," the pilot reported. "There's still somewhere between ten and twenty people inside. One gunner by the entrance was firing on our infantry, but there's no way to verify whether the others are hostages or accomplices."
   "Accomplices," the captain grated. "The trooper who called us stated that there were only three targets who ran for the cover of that structure. Anyone inside would have had the advantage in numbers, but the only death you've noted so far was one of ours. Lock primary cannons and load ozzies, fire on my mark. Hector, Regis, rifles up and sights down, take out anyone who leaves the building. Damien, you.." The captain paused, clearly uncomfortable around the psionic. "You do whatever it takes to keep them from taking us down."

Spoiler:  Damien Smith (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: It got worse.
« Reply #8132 on: August 25, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »

"Tyrin! Fuck!" Anna yelled as she heard the railgun and saw a spray of red come from the man. "Jenna! Our position has been pegged if that railgun is firing at us! We've got to bail before the gunship pulls around!"

With that, she turned to the colonists that were still remaining.

"Is there a back way out of this building? A window or something? We've got to get out of here, fast! Can one of you give me a hand with these two?"

Shut off the mindbar, grab Jenna and Tyrin and head out the back if the colonists say there is one. Otherwise, take a deep breath to focus and try to use my powers to get a rough position on the sniper. Notify everyone of where the sniper is if I can get a bead.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:46 pm »

Though workable, James' thought processes weren't doing so well in the first place. He'd had a serious concussion, after all, and not that much time had passed. So when the cold began freezing him to death, his speed of mind bombed again. He could still think in goals though. And he had quite a simple one- get through to Tarran. With that, James threw all caution to the wind, unable to properly think about consequences. He raged on the door, body and mind.
Get that door open, using a combination of strength and practically random Slams. Place no regard for my own safety but prioritize Tarran's (to the best of my ability).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: August 25, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »

Dom gestured to the two Immortals. "See? It's fine, Ashley. Nobody is shooting nobody. We can keep it that way, right? Now, what do you suggest we do to prove that this place isn't a threat to you and yours anymore?" she asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: August 25, 2013, 11:07:49 pm »

"Tyrin! Fuck!" Anna yelled as she heard the railgun and saw a spray of red come from the man. "Jenna! Our position has been pegged if that railgun is firing at us! We've got to bail before the gunship pulls around!"

With that, she turned to the colonists that were still remaining.

"Is there a back way out of this building? A window or something? We've got to get out of here, fast! Can one of you give me a hand with these two?"

((Zako:There. Are. No. Windows. NONE. ))

((PS. The enemies page on the wiki, which is hideously incomplete, is actually kind of helpful here.))
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: August 26, 2013, 01:37:24 am »

"Well for starters, we can see if it has any electronic connections, if the father is here, and there are connections we are at risk, if there are not he is at least somewhat contained."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: August 26, 2013, 01:47:10 am »

Dom nodded. "Well, where do you want to head to check that stuff out? I assume that if you were sent here and were able to hack that door, then you must've been given a map or something. At the very least, you probably know more than me," she said. "Speaking of, how the hell did you guys get a meteor-ship-thing, anyway?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:12 am »

"The station we were AI's for is a factory, we made it, like we made these bodies and the weapons and armour"

((Does Ashley know where electronic connections might be?))
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: August 26, 2013, 01:52:13 am »

"A factory? So were you a robot with a body, or like an overseer for a part of it, or what?" Dom asked, curious. Her interactions with factories hadn't been much beyond buying the end result of their labor and occasionally, depending on where she was assigned, moving crates for one of them.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: August 26, 2013, 01:56:13 am »

"We had no set body, we controlled the "automated" systems, and some of us still do, they are used to being on a system rather than in a body, the two groups work together, mostly"

((Wewt I was looking forward to telling you guys this stuff IC))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: August 26, 2013, 02:09:10 am »

Dom scratched her head. "I can't even picture not having a body. How did you guys stand it, just being confined to one facility?" Maybe Ashley's response would give her some insight into Hoke.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: August 26, 2013, 02:11:48 am »

"Well it was hell, at least for me, the worst part is that those fetters they put into AIs it does not just force you to act one way, it forces you to think how they want, I was one of the 1st to jump into a real body, or as real as an AI can get anyway"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: August 26, 2013, 02:30:55 am »

Dom nodded. "Yeah... that's what I would think, too, even without all the thought police stuff. So that was the case with your boys too, I guess. Harry and Jordan, I mean. Speaking of, did you guys choose your names, or were they like designations, or what?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: August 26, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

"Our names are our names from before we were harvested to make AIs, or at least mine was, we basically called ourselves whatever we wanted after we got out, I can't even remember what I was called before we got free"

((It's too bad that it isn't a gung-ho member of the unchained talking to Ash, they might have been able to get some supplies, Ash's team and the unchained both hate the technocracy after all))
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 602