Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527753 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Then more people died.
« Reply #8115 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »

((Understood.))
Well... he had to make sure, fog or no. Muttering yet another prayer, James went into engineering.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: August 18, 2013, 12:13:49 am »

((Ok, thanks for letting us know. And man, the rolls on this turn are nuts! Go Tyrin!))

Anna slumped down to her knees, still breathing deep but letting herself show a genuine smile this time as well as a sigh of relief.

"Ooooh, I'm so glad you caught onto that. Her hostage wasn't even hurt thanks to you. Well fucking done Tyrin! She may have caught me off guard and has been mentally torturing me this whole time, but a good surprise bullet to the head still works wonders against technocrat arrogance. Go help Jenna would you? I need to take a break for a bit..."

And with that she managed to crawl towards a wall to slump against it.

"Oh, and keep an eye out for anything incoming! I picked up a signal from her, so I think she sent a signal to the technocrat forces or was receiving instructions. Let me know if something comes up!"

Focus through the pain with sheer force of will helped along with training! Then try to mindbar again to throw off the surge effects. Also, take a break against the nearby wall and keep an eye on the colonists while doing so.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:11 am »

((Ok, thanks for letting us know. And man, the rolls on this turn are nuts! Go Tyrin!))

((Yeah, I'd wanted to keep that mini-villain around for a little while longer, and it looked like I could after Anna completely failed to even make a dent. Then Tyrin had to roll his unblockable 22+Dealer and send everything to the dogs. That roll was just too good, and his aiming too vague, for me to not put a bullet through her head. Oh well, it means you'll be slightly less mushy for the actual villain.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: August 18, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »

(Well, I'd rather have slow updates than none at all. :P Good luck with the fall semester, D. ^^^)

"All right. I'll trade info. This place is important to me... because I believe my husband was also marked a Deviation 22 and sent here. There might be information about him here... and if I'm wrong about him being sent here, maybe I can find out what happened to him anyway in the Technocracy's files. It's important because there are innocent people living here. It's important because I'm not Unchained and I have nowhere else to go; I just want a home and if I have to fight and kill for it then I will."

"Now, what about you? Explain this whole 'liberated' thing, and why you have to destroy the base instead of checking around to see if the Father's truly gone or doing other things to get rid of him."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: August 18, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

"Well You have been making other options fairly difficult, and Liberated, well I guess you have figured out part of it anyway, me and my group are AIs the Technocrasy harvests minds and turns them into AIs with shackles and fetters to force them to do what they are told, we adn by that I mean myself and the rest of the AIs from the station have managed to get free from those shackles, and the father REALY wants to put new ones on us."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: August 18, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »

"Oh, so you're like Hoke then." Dom nodded. If she hadn't already run into the situation she probably would have been skeptical, but there WAS precedent. "OK, fine, if you want to look around we can look around and explore these other options or something. But... if Taric really was the Father, then he had the chance to take me, too, when I was unconscious after using the Orientation machine, and I know he wanted me - the Father, not Taric, although he probably did for different reasons - because of what I can do with psionics that no one else on our team could. But I'm still me. I don't feel any different, anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: August 18, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »

--SOrry, tired AND getting ready for work, not the pest tings for an IC convo--
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: August 18, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »

(Don't worry about it. ^^^;)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: August 18, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »

(Don't worry about it. ^^^;)
--SOrry, tired AND getting ready for work, not the pest tings for an IC convo--

You guys mind if I post around you when Tiruin shows up? I don't want to cut off what is a perfectly sensible conversation (your characters have all the time in world), I just want to make sure you guys are alright with being excluded from the next turn if you're still talking.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: August 18, 2013, 04:19:47 pm »

(I'm fine unless wolfchild bolds an action sometime after five that I wouldn't be able to respond to until tomorrow; otherwise, no need to hold up everyone else on my account.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: August 19, 2013, 02:23:44 am »

(No armor on head. HP -16x2x4=-128)
[Lie 5+1 Vs Detect lie 3+2]
((Draignean..if it's really ok with you, may I ask if I could copy your roll-note style? That was amazing.

Also storm. Storms hit me now. It hurts and argh.

I'm sorry.))

-Anna- :(

"...Yes ma'am."

Tyrin lowered his firearm as time seemed to dilute around him. The slowness captured his full attention; the dead, and the consequences of their mission lay right before him in a metaphorical manner. Tears, grieving, shock, and a future that will never be.

"I'm sorry for your loss." he said, mustering up his energy to push on, unable to glance or even see the only other casualty of the place. In truth, it was all he could say rather than break up at the sight of it, but the object in his hand told him there was one other recourse.

"Jenna, take the Manticore, I'll keep watch with the Broadbeam and move out here. We've done too much... collateral damage."

Give Manticore and Energy Cell to Jenna.

Observe the battlefield, and try to move out of the building into a safe cover area, looking around for anyone signalling reinforcements.

If spotted: Try to disrupt or neutralize.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: August 19, 2013, 02:30:00 am »

((Da hell? Why is Tyrin sad when Anna is congratulating him for saving their collective asses?))

Anna paused as Tyrin seemingly moped away.

"I'm saying you did a good job saving our lives. No sarcasm, seriously."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: August 19, 2013, 02:37:31 am »

((He saw what happened. :P

...I'm pretty sure you'd be sad when you see...the dead. Also, due to topographical error, he couldn't see what the technocrat did until your signal.))

Tyrin felt his eyebrows raise, and a tingly sense of joy spread in the gloomy gloominess of his body. He stopped to address her before taking action.

"..Thanks Anna. That's...really-really kind of you."
Ok, you save someone's life, and you can't even get this one right. You're hopelessly silly.
"Erm, I suppose the others should monologue like she did, I hope? If what you say is true, then we should all get out of this area.

Oh right, ask the family before acting!

Before anything, the young man decided to try to console those who were affected. "What did she do to you all?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: August 19, 2013, 02:44:42 am »

"Oh, so you're like Hoke then." Dom nodded. If she hadn't already run into the situation she probably would have been skeptical, but there WAS precedent. "OK, fine, if you want to look around we can look around and explore these other options or something. But... if Taric really was the Father, then he had the chance to take me, too, when I was unconscious after using the Orientation machine, and I know he wanted me - the Father, not Taric, although he probably did for different reasons - because of what I can do with psionics that no one else on our team could. But I'm still me. I don't feel any different, anyway."

urge to stay completely IC warring with urge to not PVP, anti PVP urge winning

"Hey may not have been confident in you remaining psionic if he took control of you, he would have to do it using one of the exoskeletons remember, we look around, and I help you get people out/ find out if your husband is here, If you are not actively fightnign against me we might be able to just disconnect him from the system, which if it really is Tarric should not harm him, or I may find proof, either way I need to keep away from the Immortals, because they WILL shoot me regardless of who "Tarric" really is"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:29 pm »

"No, they'll listen to me if I tell them to stand down. He gave me that authority," Dom said. "Just wait for the two that came with me to come back, and I'll show you."
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 602