Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528027 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Guns, lots of guns
« Reply #8025 on: July 27, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »

(I am so editing this post later on. Sorry Draig, busy here with exams :D)

Not a problem. As long as it arrives in a somewhat timely* manner, I'm happy enough.

*Somewhat timely is, obviously, a very flexible chronological expression when I use it.

(20 stamina expended to lift 300 pounds, attempting to throw Ashley six spaces south. Sort of hoping to also get Ashley shot by the turret if it shoots at Basilio but I doubt I'm that lucky. :P Anyway, if allowed, if/after I draw Ashley south I'll attempt to shoot her as well.)

Just as a heads up, I noted that the hallway was only about twenty feet long. Unlike the outdoor tests I was doing with you earlier, one tile does not equal one RI. Twenty feet is spitting distance for any weapon, even shotguns.

Granted, Dominique's impression of Scorpion is bound to be incredible.

I'll probably run you and James tonight or tomorrow. Since only James will intersect with another group anytime soon, I really don't need to worry about timelines just yet.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: July 27, 2013, 10:16:06 pm »

(Hmm, wait. Can I edit and throw her at the turret instead? Just asking just in case you've already wrote or rolled or something and don't want to change results.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: July 27, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »

((I personally would have just ripped the turret off and bashed her over the head with it. But the scorpion impersonation is also cool. Just watch out for those implanted blades of hers...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: July 28, 2013, 10:00:30 am »

((Sorry, exams are now over. Stress = going away. Me = free time :D))

"I'm all for taking cover and tending to our wounded, Anna." Tyrin said to his ally as fear and apprehension were waived with the ebb and flow of danger. "They're using suppressive fire; unload an inordinate amount of ammunition until more help arrives. I'm pretty sure they won't rush our position just yet.

"They're uncertain. They've lost their leader, and they're on foreign soil." The man rubbed his gloved hands as he spoke, nervous with his choice. "I say we head to the rubble and entice them in. Could you take my weapons while I tend to our friend here?"

Voting to run for the rubble--tending to our wounded ally Her plan is best!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:31:36 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: July 28, 2013, 12:05:50 pm »

"I think we're better off going into that intact building right next to us, so you don't have to move as far with her. It should also hide us from the eyes of the gunship better and provide more cover if it tries something anyway." Anna replied as she thought about the situation again before making up her mind.

"Ok, here's what we do: You take her and on my mark, you both move as quickly as possible into the building next to us while I provide cover fire. Then, once your inside, you both cover me as I make my dash to join you. Once we're together again, you patch her up while I watch our backs and then we'll both cover you and serve as a distraction as you circle around into the rubble to flank these guys with your ALR. If they decide to turn their attention to you, you take cover and keep them distracted while I close in and we'll get them on two fronts."

Anna then turns to the wounded unchained next to her.

"Listen, as soon as he makes his move through the rubble, I want you to see if you can pull away their cover and expose them when Tyrin attacks. I'll tell you when to give it a go, so be ready, alright? Now get ready to move when I say!"

Follow the plan. Count down from 3 and while I'm counting down, hit the middle guy with a level 5 surge with a -1 modifier, and then give covering fire with my Renfield towards the closest trooper as Tyrin and the injured Unchained make a run for it. Then when they start shooting, sprint over to join them in the building.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: July 28, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »

(Hmm, wait. Can I edit and throw her at the turret instead? Just asking just in case you've already wrote or rolled or something and don't want to change results.)

Yeah, easy. I'll just have to erase ALL OF THE WORK I'VE DONE ON YOUR TURN. Which is none. Sorry. There was Shadowrun.

You wanna just bash her into it, or are you trying to use her body to block the barrels of the turret? Also, are you still shooting in the same round?

((I personally would have just ripped the turret off and bashed her over the head with it.

Dom can push out 1800 lbs max. That would certainly be enough to slew the turret around or bend a barrel, but I'm not sure if its quite enough to rip a weapon emplacement off its hardpoint.

The backlash REALLY wouldn't be worth it though.

I should be finishing your turns tomorrow after work. I like your use of tactics, it makes me happy.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: July 29, 2013, 04:21:00 am »

(If it's possible to do both - that is, fling her into the turret in such a manner that her body temporarily blocks the barrels - then I'll do so, otherwise I'm just throwing her at it. And I decided to take cover instead.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: July 29, 2013, 11:45:03 pm »

Anna Witheld and Tyrin Laveros

Follow the plan. Count down from 3 and while I'm counting down, hit the middle guy with a level 5 surge with a -1 modifier, and then give covering fire with my Renfield towards the closest trooper as Tyrin and the injured Unchained make a run for it. Then when they start shooting, sprint over to join them in the building.

Her plan is best!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The Trooper crouching down in the rubble fires off another quick burst into the broken wreck that the Unchained are taking shelter behind. [Quickshot 22-3] [Fire Control 2-3, only initial round hits] [Finesse Vs Jenna Soak 14, Critical not confirmed] A luck shot punches Jenna in the back, [Armor -6, HP -5 (2 negated)] inflicting minimal damage before skipping off her armor.
   Far in the back, the sharpshooter fires a pair of bullets into the ruined hulk, aiming loosely at the uninjured woman. [Quickshot 9-3-1+1] [Quickshot 18-3-1+1] The second bullet connects, [Armor -5, HP -7 (1 negated)] glancing across the light weave of the stealth suit and grazing the flesh.
   The nearest trooper, not caring to conserve ammo, drops the rest of his clip in a full auto burst. [Fire control 9-6] Sparks fly and the barricade around Tyrin and Anna rings with the sound of gunfire, but nothing gets through.
   When the hideous sound of metal on super-sonic metal is over, Anna starts her count and seeks out one of the Troopers with her mind. The mix of gloating arrogance and tempered fear makes the Trooper who just shot Jenna stand out like a beacon. She adds a little something to his emotional cocktail. [A. Empathetics 21-1-1+1, 2 effects (19 Unconsciousness, 21 double effect {pain + nothing}] [Control 8+1, no refund] (Stamina -25) (Trooper 2 Stamina -20) The Technocrat's consciousness shudders as energy without direction flows in. He lets out a choked off scream, and suddenly his mind darkens, shutting down to protect itself from the assault. He won't be getting back up quickly. Anna finishes her count, and attempts to lay down suppressive fire on the only Technocrat she can conceivably hit with her Renfield. [19-1-1-1-3] [Fire Control  9-1-1-1-3] (Trooper 1 Armor -2 (4  Negated) She succeeds in making the man duck, but little else.
   The instant Anna pops up to shoot the near Technocrat, Tyrin helps Jenna haul herself up, and the two of them perform a three legged sprint to the cover of the building to the north. [Mobility 15 + Jenna Mobility 11+1-4 / 2 = (Luck 10) 11] Jenna tried. For a tired soldier with a broken leg, she did a great job, but she's not fast enough. Stuck supporting Jenna, Tyrin ends up caught helplessly exposed midway between Anna and the building.

Spoiler:  Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom expends 20 stamina to fling Ashley into the turret, then immediately moves three tiles south and one west into cover. Alonso spends his turn aiming at the electronic panel mentioned previously, while Basilio just quickshots it.

Spoiler:  Initiative (click to show/hide)

Shouting orders to your Immortals, you prepare to send Ashley flying. [A. Kinetics 10+2-1-1 (Luck 7) failed, 1/3rd power.] (-20 Stamina) You rush through your psionic throw, and, in a manner of speaking, you miss. You stagger Ashley slightly, but the reduced force of your telekinesis isn't nearly enough to get her into the air. [Mobility 1-1 (Bonuses Negated) You turn to retreat to cover just as Alonso raises his rifle to shoulder. Unfortunately, this puts the rifle directly in line with your throat. The momentum of your heavy armor prevents you from stopping in time, and you clothesline yourself on the Immortal's assault rifle.
   This, you think as you stare dazedly at the ceiling, does not bode well.
    Ashley takes one more surprised look at Dom, then bails. [Mobility  7+1] She's a little slow with her tools, but she has the advantage of being right next to the door. She's out and gone before the gunfire even starts.
    The Security turret, with an inordinate amount of inanimate happiness, opens fire for the first time in its operational lifetime. [Fire Control 21+2, 45% of 50 projectiles hit] Alonso and Basilio, standing upright in the middle of corridor, take the worst of it. (Alonso Armor -6, -7, -2, -3, -4, -1, -8, -4, -5, -2 (42 total, 60 negated)) (Basilio Armor -2, -9, -2, -0, -6, -5, -10, -10, -9, -7 (60 total, 60 Negated)) You however, are protected both by the armored bodies of the Immortals and by your unintentional horizontal position. (Dom Armor -7, -6 (13 total, 18 negated)) He may be insane, incapable of normal interaction, and weird, but Taric certainly didn't skimp when he got you armor. You hardly feel the impacts from within your polymer shell.
    Alonso and Basilio are clearly injured, their armored skins oozing syrupy blood, but they pay the wounds no mind. Alonso focuses carefully on the open panel, and Basilio opens fire. [Quickshot 14-3 (Luck 21)] [Fire Control 20-3] All three .308 hybrid slugs slam into the panel. (Turret Core HP -19, -17 -17 (53 total)) The panel sparks and smoke pours out. The turret jerks spasmodically, but it still seems to hang on to functionality.

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
---

James Evan

"I don't know if we can! Trying to psionically seal it won't work, I know that... but only one or two of these won't destroy the ship, they're low enough yield for that! Ask Hoke if he knows how to disarm bombs!"

There's a pause from Tarran's end. "Where the hell did you learn about bombs? Actually, nevermind. I don't give a fuck right now.  I already asked Hoke about the bombs," Tarran says hurriedly. "He doesn't know how to disarm them either. If you're absolutely certain that these two won't destroy the ship then..."
    [Luck 3] The second cylinder of the bomb clicks. You have a feeling you don't want to be nearby when the third cylinder goes, low-yield or no.
   "What if we just left the damn things in? We might lose some functionality, [Tarran Intuition 16] but if two won't...  two. Merciful God. I need to talk to Hoke."
    The intercom cuts out for a very long fifteen seconds before Tarran's voice comes back over. "James, disarm that thing or get out. You remember how we said that there were multiple transmission destinations in unreachable areas of the ship? Hoke logged thirteen contacts in places that can only be accessed through exterior ports. If they're all bombs... Fuck. Disarm yours and you'll be in one of the cleanest areas of the ship, everywhere else is gambling odds only."
    Iscariot coughs and his image turns a little green. "Fifteen total bombs would cause... problems."

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:46:22 am by Draignean »
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:12 am »

Keep supressing Trooper 1! Follow the plan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: July 30, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »

"Well, fuck. Both of you, fire at that damn panel!" Dom ordered as she drew her Abassy, figuring the laser sight would help her aim as she took a quick shot at the panel herself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: July 30, 2013, 11:21:53 pm »

Go plan, Go! Follow! Follow! Follow! Get to the location!

Talk to Jenna, try to aid her to move faster.

((Sorry for the generalism, still reading up on everything in the wiki. :) ))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: July 31, 2013, 10:57:10 pm »

((Sorry for the generalism, still reading up on everything in the wiki. :) ))

Oh good, just remember that it's 90% non-existent, riddled with problems, and has been partially invalid since I updated to a d22. That said, I'm sure it'll be useful.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: August 02, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »

James doesn't pause at this news, not having the time. However, he does scream "Fuck!" because really, this is a situation that deserves it, if nothing else does. That said, he does get moving. "Oh God, fifteen fucking bombs?!" as he ran out of the room. Then he started talking on his radio, as he ran. "Oh, god, fifteen bombs are going to fuck us! Um, UM! Tarran, get to the cockpit, I guess, I'm going to look for something to bail with!" And with that, James ran through the ship, looking for parachutes or fall dispersion shields or something to get out of the ship with, shouting a hurried prayer as he does so. "Father, who art in heaven, merciful God, let us find a way to not perish with the bombs, aid us in our escape from death- deliver us from evil, I beg of you. I beg of you!"

Look for things to safely exit the ship from, preferably three of them -one for me, one for Tarran, and one for Hoke- and get to the cockpit. Failing finding things, try to make the cockpit as able to survive the bombing and inevitable... problems as possible.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

Dominique Wakeman

"Well, fuck. Both of you, fire at that damn panel!" Dom ordered as she drew her Abassy, figuring the laser sight would help her aim as she took a quick shot at the panel herself.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

You fire at the turret's panel from prone, [Quickshot 15+1] striking squarely. (Turret Core -21*0.5=-31. Target Killed) The panel emits a spark the size of your fist, and the turret grinds to a halt. The machine twitches fitfully, but it seems to have been rendered impotent.
   Alonso and Basilio both make absolutely sure of this by following your orders to the letter, both of them dumping iron into the panel. The turret remains dead.

Ashley got away, but she couldn't have gone far... [Roll not shown] You might be able to catch her with a quick press.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

Look for things to safely exit the ship from, preferably three of them -one for me, one for Tarran, and one for Hoke- and get to the cockpit. Failing finding things, try to make the cockpit as able to survive the bombing and inevitable... problems as possible.

You yell at Tarran to get to the cockpit, then you flee from the bomb, cursing. You don't curse particularly well, but it's not something you've given yourself much opportunity to practice. [Observation 11] [Luck 14] You ransack the ship on your way up to Hoke, looking for anything useful for bailing out of a moving transport.
    As luck would have it, there actually is an emergency supplies locker in the lounge area. [Luck 1] Your hand touches the handle at the same moment the bombs detonate. [Soak 5] The ship lurches, and the artificial gravity lurches in the opposite direction. For a split second, you're hovering in the air, watching as an explosion eats a hole in the side of the lounge. Then your skull hits the ceiling. (Shield -10,  Armor -10, HP -14, Stamina -36 (6 negated))

"We're going to die, aren't we?"
"Probably."
"Why? This wasn't even our fault? It's not fair!"
"Ha. You're more like him than I am in some ways. I don't believe God plays fair."
"...I don't want to die."
"Technically, neither of us were ever alive."

You blink at the ceiling of the lounge. It's hard to make your eyes focus. The wind and smoke keeps bringing tears to your eyes. You cough and sit up, trying to remember what you were doing. You needed... something to... something to fall a long way with. Because... because there was a problem with the ship.
   Your arms move sluggishly, and your vision blurs sickeningly whenever you move your head, but you're able to push yourself upright. The lounge is mostly intact, but all the furniture is gone, the power needed to make them diverted elsewhere. Acrid smoke filters in from shears in the walls in the floor. There's a hole in the opposite side of the lounge, and the ship's shields cover it only tenuously. It hurts your head to look at the scenery flying by. The shields flicker, and you stagger as a blast of wind cuts through the lounge. The door of the emergency locker bangs open and shut in the wind, and your mind slides woozily back onto track. Drop suits, impact gel something to... fall in...
    Most of the contents of locker seem to have gone flying when the explosions ripped the ship more than a dozen new holes. A quick, and very wobbly, search of the area turns up a pair of intact suits. They're heavy, and your befuddled mind is having trouble figuring out how to get one on, but you're certain these are what you were looking for. Now if you can just remember what you were trying to do... where you were trying to go...

(Severe concussion, -3 to any physically or mentally taxing endeavors, can save next round)
(Emergency VIP Drop Suit x2 added)   

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Tyrin and Anna

Keep supressing Trooper 1! Follow the plan!
Go plan, Go! Follow! Follow! Follow! Get to the location!

Talk to Jenna, try to aid her to move faster.

Spoiler: initiative (click to show/hide)

The sharpshooter, trying to keep Tyrin and Jenna in the open as long as possible, takes a quick shot at Tyrin's knee. [Quickshot 18-3-1] The bullet strikes. (Tyrin Armor -22) [Tyrin Soak 8+5] Tyrin's armor holds, and the bullet deals no more damage than a small bruise.
 [Trooper 2 Soak 8]
   Tyrin shrugs off the bullet and hustles Jenna inside the building. [Mobility 19 + Jenna Mobility 18+1-4/2 = 17] Jenna gives a final burst of effort on her one good leg, Tyrin half-carrying her the rest of their staggering run to shelter. They crash through the doors of the building, and find that they are not alone. At least a dozen colonists are huddled here. Several of them are armed, but they don't open fire immediately. They look terrified, but still reasonably in control. Jenna collapses by the door of the building, positioning herself so she can still take shots at the nearest trooper. "Take care of them," she says through gritted teeth, jerking her head to the colonists. "I've got Anna."
    The unchained psionic may have a broken leg, but her gun arm is just fine. Her hellhound is a solid weapon at this range, and she burns a spread across the nearby trooper's position. [Quickshot 15-3-1] [Luck 18] [1 full power, 3 -1 power, 1 -2 power] (Technocrat Armor -6, -2, -10, -3, -6 (20 negated)]
    Jenna signals to Anna, indicating that she's ready for her to move. Anna, sticking to the plan, sprints out of cover and heads to the building. [Mobility 22+1] She moves almost inhumanly fast, crossing the distance before the sharpshooter or the still smoking trooper can react.
     The near trooper hunches down further behind his barricade and reloads his assault rifle.

((Anna has a free -1 action at the start of next round, essentially an extra action you get this round from high mobility.))
Spoiler:  Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Anna Witheld (click to show/hide)
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: And then it exploded.
« Reply #8039 on: August 04, 2013, 09:58:41 pm »

Anna nodded her thanks to Jenna as she switched out for her longer ranged light rifle. "Ok, this is better. Tyrin, you patch her up. I'm going to check the other side of the building. We're doing good so far, so keep it up!"

Switch to the light rifle, move over to the other end of the building and peek out the windows and doors to get a look outside. Then have a quick talk to the colonists to ask them how they're holding up.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 602