Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527511 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Lazarus Rising
« Reply #7935 on: July 07, 2013, 04:39:11 am »

Wow... Dom is a beast...

Not taking any weapon skills? ???

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: July 07, 2013, 05:09:27 am »

I've gotten by just fine without them. :P Most of the time Dom just quickshots until she can close to melee range and start killing people with her hands, or she just uses her psionics. Weapons are basically a tertiary concern... especially because I'm not giving up my heavy pistol. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: July 07, 2013, 08:03:16 am »

Alright, I'll pop two points into Finesse and one point into Brawling.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: July 07, 2013, 09:55:12 am »

Wow... Dom is a beast...

Not taking any weapon skills? ???

Well she usually gets in close and dirty with a laser sighted heavy pistol, so aiming real isn't that big of a concern.

Also, could you refresh my memory on my psionics? I'm pretty sure I have Kinesthesia, Telekinesis, Slam, Heavy Manipulation, and Blade. I think I have Shear. Other than that I don't remember what I have.

You have...

A.K: Telekinesis, Slam, Pyrokinesis, Blade, Wall, Heavy Manipulation, and Shear.
P.K: Kinesthesia, Minor. (You can attempt to dodge bullets at short range and you get a small bonus to dodge).

A.E: Surge, Override, Mindbar, Shatter Mind, Mind Bend, Control
P.E: Precognition, Minor. (Small bonus to dodge, also large enough to allow you dodge bullets at short range)

As to the passive kinetics/empathetics list on the wiki, all of those are going to be moved into the point buy system. Activation of passive kinetics and empathetics is now going to be determined by a percentile die, allowing for more spectacular successes and less punching through doors at will.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:44:39 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: July 07, 2013, 11:12:04 am »

Can you come up with more Empathetic powers somehow? Kinesis seems to have a lot more going for it...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: July 07, 2013, 11:44:48 am »

Can you come up with more Empathetic powers somehow? Kinesis seems to have a lot more going for it...

Like what?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: July 07, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

How about mind reading? Or implanting thoughts and ideas? Erasing or building memories? Psychic lie detection? What about making a sudden burst of emotion/s occur to your will? How about a mind spike of sorts that induces temporary mental agony and is particularly nasty against fellow psionic users?

I see the problem here... It's not that your not coming up with new powers, it's coming up with new powers that aren't already covered by the current ones. Tricky...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: July 07, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

Thank you very much. ^^^ I think I'll edit Dom's page later, put those on there so I don't forget again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: July 07, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »

Just had a brainwave! Why don't you make a empathetic ability that lets you steal stats or skills from someone temporarily? You won't actually steal them, but borrow the memories of that skill and hold them in your mind for use while the victim doesn't have it. And for stats, you could replicate how the electrical signals that their brains are outputting to their body in yours while stealing the information on how to do that from the victim.

Or if that's not believable or possible, why not just disable those skills/stats instead? Just as simple as temporarily blanking out the memories/body signals in someone else. It would be pretty nasty to spring on someone, or a group of people even. Just imagine, a group of highly trained soldier with assault rifles about to fire on the player, when suddenly, they forget how their guns work, what way to point them or even if they are loaded or working at all! Or having someone who is very agile suddenly start stumbling around or tripping over in the middle of dodges and acrobatics because they subconsciously forgot how to balance themselves! That would be pretty neat...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: July 07, 2013, 02:06:19 pm »

Just had a brainwave! Why don't you make a empathetic ability that lets you steal stats or skills from someone temporarily? You won't actually steal them, but borrow the memories of that skill and hold them in your mind for use while the victim doesn't have it. And for stats, you could replicate how the electrical signals that their brains are outputting to their body in yours while stealing the information on how to do that from the victim.

Or if that's not believable or possible, why not just disable those skills/stats instead? Just as simple as temporarily blanking out the memories/body signals in someone else. It would be pretty nasty to spring on someone, or a group of people even. Just imagine, a group of highly trained soldier with assault rifles about to fire on the player, when suddenly, they forget how their guns work, what way to point them or even if they are loaded or working at all! Or having someone who is very agile suddenly start stumbling around or tripping over in the middle of dodges and acrobatics because they subconsciously forgot how to balance themselves! That would be pretty neat...

I... really like that. Plus there are some cool evolutions for both of those abilities.

I don't think I'd let you nullify or absorb stats, (at least not at the basic level) as a man who is strong or intelligent would continue to be strong or intelligent regardless of the presence of his memories, but you could certainly make someone forget how to use their strength effectively or to be dumbfounded by the concepts that their intelligence once allowed them to understand.

Three basic abilities will be added to the A. Empathetics set when I have some more time to work one balancing them out (I also need to balance the others with regard to the control skill). The first will copy a skill that someone already has, the second will make another forget a skill, and the third will allow you to see what skills someone actually has. (Useful even if you don't plan on stealing them)
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: July 07, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

Are there empathic abilities to induce and dissuade hostilities?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: July 07, 2013, 03:57:20 pm »

I'm really glad to see this/you back, Draignean. I never managed to get fully into this but I missed seeing the venerable behemoth of RTDs around.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: July 07, 2013, 09:36:46 pm »

Are there empathic abilities to induce and dissuade hostilities?

Bend mind would cover that neatly.

I see the problem here... It's not that your not coming up with new powers, it's coming up with new powers that aren't already covered by the current ones. Tricky...

Okay, the new basic abilities that you suggested are on the wiki as basic skills. Also modified Surge to make it much more useful as a combat ability for an empath.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: July 08, 2013, 01:20:07 am »

Wow, I'm so glad you like my ideas! Awesome!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: July 08, 2013, 08:05:36 am »

Ahaha, you know what would be an evil empathic ability? Purposefully creating one of those imprint personalities in someone's mind.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 602